Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pat Shurmur should hire rising star Duce Staley as Giants’ OC

https://nypost.com/2018/02/09/pat-sh...-as-giants-oc/

Excerpt: "The best coaching staffs knit together so neatly there are no seams showing. The best staffs are a smooth swatch, a blend of personalities where intellect and intensity come at the players from different directions, where age, youth, varied degrees of experience and diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds mesh together for blanket coverage to all who enter the locker room.

Pat Shurmur is putting the finishing touches on his first Giants coaching staff. He needs an offensive coordinator and a quarterbacks coach. Here is a suggestion: Name Duce Staley the offensive coordinator. It will weaken the Super Bowl champion Eagles and, more importantly, provide a perfect yin and yang, adding some fire to Shurmur’s ice, injecting some street cred into not only the offensive meeting room, but Shurmur’s entire operation.

Staley is a rising star. The Giants should get in before he takes off.

“I can definitely see him being a coordinator or a head coach,’’ Eagles rookie running back Corey Clement, coming off a 100-yard receiving eruption in Super Bowl LII, told The Post. “Duce really carries that type of mindset that not many people really think like he does. The guy’s a genius. Definitely a genius.’’

Staley is in the mix for the Giants’ offensive coordinator job, though Kevin Stefanski, the Vikings quarterbacks coach, is considered the favorite. Thursday night, ESPN reported the Vikings are hiring Eagles quarterbacks coach John DeFilippo as their offensive coordinator, paving the way for Shurmur to bring in the 35-year old Stefanski, who could possibly fill a dual role as offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

We'll see. And if we do, enjoy our coordinators while we have them, I think we really scored with our defensive coordinator, im already sad for when he leaves us in a couple years to head coach his own team. Crazy of me to be optimistic, but we may end up with one helluva coaching staff here; we're gonna have to try and win the big game quick. meh, why not, the nfl is pretty wide open, with a couple organizations soon to step up into their own little dynasty eras. Gmen need to sneak in a superbowl win quick and get us to 5... :P
    this is how my rambling mind is working this morning....

Comment

Typical Schwartz article.

No analysis of why Staley would be better than Stefaniski

Comment

Working...
      X