Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vikings Deny Giants Permission to Interview Stefaniski

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

    Um, there is nothing he can do
    Im not familiar with the process....guess that wasnt clear in my post

    Comment


    • #32
      The process sucks...a coach shouldn't be held back from taking a job that is a promotion regardless if he is still under contract...this needs to change

      Comment


      • #33
        Hence where the problem lies :

        http://www.dawgtalkers.net/uploads/2...g%20Policy.pdf

        Page 7:

        1. Two Tiers of Coaching Staffs. For purposes of this Anti-Tampering Policy, each coaching staff is divided into two tiers: (1) head coach, and (2) all assistant coaches.


        2. Head-Coaching Opportunity. If a club is interested in discussing its head coaching position with an assistant coach whose playing season (excluding Pro Bowl) is over, and who is contractually obligated to another club, the assistant coach’s employer club must permit the coach the opportunity to discuss, and possibly accept, such employment through March 1 of any year. After March 1, the employer club is under no obligation to grant such permission, but it may be voluntarily granted at the employer club’s discretion during the off-season.

        Page 8:

        3. Lateral Move. If a club is interested in discussing an assistant coaching position with an assistant coach who is contractually obligated to another club at any time prior to the opening of the employer club’s training camp, it will be considered a lateral move, and the employer club is under no obligation to grant the coach the opportunity to discuss the position with the interested club. At the discretion of the employer club, however, such permission may be voluntarily granted.


        It is a crappy rule to state going form Position Coach to OC or DC a lateral move.
        Last edited by TEM; 02-11-2018, 08:58 AM.
        There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by TEM View Post
          Hence where the problem lies :

          http://www.dawgtalkers.net/uploads/2...g%20Policy.pdf

          Page 7:

          1. Two Tiers of Coaching Staffs. For purposes of this Anti-Tampering Policy, each coaching staff is divided into two tiers: (1) head coach, and (2) all assistant coaches.


          2. Head-Coaching Opportunity. If a club is interested in discussing its head coaching position with an assistant coach whose playing season (excluding Pro Bowl) is over, and who is contractually obligated to another club, the assistant coach’s employer club must permit the coach the opportunity to discuss, and possibly accept, such employment through March 1 of any year. After March 1, the employer club is under no obligation to grant such permission, but it may be voluntarily granted at the employer club’s discretion during the off-season.

          Page 8:

          3. Lateral Move. If a club is interested in discussing an assistant coaching position with an assistant coach who is contractually obligated to another club at any time prior to the opening of the employer club’s training camp, it will be considered a lateral move, and the employer club is under no obligation to grant the coach the opportunity to discuss the position with the interested club. At the discretion of the employer club, however, such permission may be voluntarily granted.


          It is a crappy rule to state going form Position Coach to OC or DC a lateral move.
          Yep. Everyone other than the HC is lumped into the "assistant" category

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
            Now they have a guy working for them who they blatantly screwed over. And they expect that guy to lay it all on the line for them?

            I don't get it
            Unless he was promised something we don't know about.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by scoostraw View Post

              Unless he was promised something we don't know about.
              Could be

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by TEM View Post

                I don't think they thought that out from a risk management perspective.
                They might have given him a lot more money. Also if he has more than a one year contract as a coach he is happy as a pig in ****. Those guys normally have next to zero job security.

                he isn’t going to sully his reputation by acting like a baby in this situation.

                god forbid he actually likes the job he has and the players he is working with.

                Too mich entitlement by Giants fans believing every coach should want to come here no mater what
                Last edited by TE88; 02-11-2018, 12:17 PM.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by TE88 View Post

                  They might have given him a lot more money. Also if he has more than a one year contract as a coach he is happy as a pig in ****. Those guys normally have next to zero job security.

                  he isn’t going to sully his reputation by acting like a baby in this situation.
                  I can agree with that. Still a crappy NFL rule.

                  There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by TEM View Post

                    I can agree with that. Still a crappy NFL rule.
                    I agree. He should be able to interview to at least use as negotiating power with his current position.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by TE88 View Post

                      I agree. He should be able to interview to at least use as negotiating power with his current position.
                      I 100% agree.
                      There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                        Per Adam Shefter on Twitter

                        What a **** move. They turn him down for their OC job and then deny the guy the opportunity to make a move up with another organization.
                        Bottomline- If he has an executed contract for current job without conditions to let him out, Vikes have all legal right to keep him status quo

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by SugarBear56 View Post

                          Bottomline- If he has an executed contract for current job without conditions to let him out, Vikes have all legal right to keep him status quo
                          Again, "legal right" does not mean it's not a **** move.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Whom was his agent ?
                            Blame is on him.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by SugarBear56 View Post

                              Bottomline- If he has an executed contract for current job without conditions to let him out, Vikes have all legal right to keep him status quo
                              Any team that would put a potentially unhappy coach on their team is asking for trouble.

                              #FREESTEFANSKI
                              Long Live the King

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by TEM View Post
                                Hence where the problem lies :

                                http://www.dawgtalkers.net/uploads/2...g%20Policy.pdf

                                Page 7:

                                1. Two Tiers of Coaching Staffs. For purposes of this Anti-Tampering Policy, each coaching staff is divided into two tiers: (1) head coach, and (2) all assistant coaches.


                                2. Head-Coaching Opportunity. If a club is interested in discussing its head coaching position with an assistant coach whose playing season (excluding Pro Bowl) is over, and who is contractually obligated to another club, the assistant coach’s employer club must permit the coach the opportunity to discuss, and possibly accept, such employment through March 1 of any year. After March 1, the employer club is under no obligation to grant such permission, but it may be voluntarily granted at the employer club’s discretion during the off-season.

                                Page 8:

                                3. Lateral Move. If a club is interested in discussing an assistant coaching position with an assistant coach who is contractually obligated to another club at any time prior to the opening of the employer club’s training camp, it will be considered a lateral move, and the employer club is under no obligation to grant the coach the opportunity to discuss the position with the interested club. At the discretion of the employer club, however, such permission may be voluntarily granted.


                                It is a crappy rule to state going form Position Coach to OC or DC a lateral move.
                                Which in this situation for all intents and purposes it IS. He wouldn't be calling plays and if the offense takes off he won't get a ton of the credit. The O is gonna be the Shurmer show whoever the OC is. Still a crappy rule though.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X