Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the love of god, just don't bring Staley here.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the love of god, just don't bring Staley here.

...just don't.
    sigpic

Shurmur is going to be the one running the offense, whether he calls the plays or not. I'm not saying the OC is irrelevant, but it's not nearly as important a hire as the DC. Shurmur should hire someone who buys into his philosophy and that he is comfortable with. It will likely be Deuce now that Stafanski is unavailable.

I think the Seahawks guy may be another option.

I'm not going to lose too much sleep over this hire.

Comment

Hire The Duce and suit him up for game time.
      He will upgrade our RB position.

Comment

Originally posted by ALLnygIN View Post
        ...just don't.
        Good analysis

Comment

calling plays is the most visible duty most OC's do, but far from the only important role they have running the offense.

Comment

Is there anyone else other there that can be considered other then Staley? Could a coach OC be a longshot?
            '"Respect All,Fear none'''

Comment

Along with Minnesota the Eagles are not refrained from denial of coaching interviews.

https://elitesportsny.com/2017/01/06...ppo-oc-report/
              Last edited by TEM; 02-11-2018, 09:55 AM.
              There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

Im all for bringing him on, the offense and plays will be called by Shurmar. Which bothers me after the fiasco McAdoo had with having his face in his menu instead of the game.

Staley is very highly respected in the Eagles organization, hes been putting his time in and learning from some highly respected coaches like Andy Reid and now Doug Pederson. And most importantly we would be taking a coach away from a division rival. Which also puzzles me, after a team wins a super bowl their coaching staff and front office usually get snatched from other teams. And the only guy they lost is their QB coach.

But saying all that as we saw in Minnesota the team can deny access to their coaches.

Comment

...just don't.
                  Why not?
                  Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

I have no idea what our OC will do, aside from not calling plays.
                    I have no idea what our schemes will be.

Hard for me to have an opinion, let alone be adamant against some one.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

Good analysis
                      HAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Minnesota really stuck it to Stefanski. Took away his internal promotion and blocked him going to the Giants.

Comment

...just don't.
                          What specifically is the issue? Is it personal? A no ex-Eagle thing? What?
                          I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post

What specifically is the issue? Is it personal? A no ex-Eagle thing? What?
                            Our HC is an ex Eagle.
                            Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

I see nothing wrong with Staley as OC. The Eagle rushing game was very good, and the Giants had zero rushing. Of course, much of that was due to the stiffs Reese drafted at RB. I have to think Gettleman will get rid of almost all of the RBs currently on the team and try to get some talented ones. Gallman is probably the only real keeper in an otherwise poor RB group.........and some offensive linemen who can block.

Comment

Working...
                              X