MIke shula new OC..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIke shula new OC..

MIke shula new OC.. Just saw it scroll by on NFL network. Looks like he will be QB coach also according to Kimberly Jones.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-coordinator/

https://twitter.com/KimJonesSports?r...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Last edited by blu_buddha; 02-13-2018, 11:42 AM.

I'm willing to bet he will be getting a new QB at 2. He helped form Newton with the Panthers and Leftwich with the Jags.

Comment

This thread ought to take right off.

Comment

Interesting hire as he ran a Erhardt-Perkins system in Carolina.

Comment

My impression of him wasnt really one of a winnaaa, but looking him up, meh, he has been involved with more winning teams/seasons than i suspected.

Comment

here i thought "slim pickens" was an old western movie star. not much left out there to choose from i guess.

Comment

I've never paid any attention to him. But, if Pedigree is worth something, then he might be a good pick. He surely was raised around football and was Alabama's QB for 3 years.

Comment

This is a blah hire. I would have preferred Duce

Comment

Originally posted by Red Dog View Post
                  here i thought "slim pickens" was an old western movie star. not much left out there to choose from i guess.
                  I think of Slim riding the a-bomb in a cowboy hat (Dr. Strangelove, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying, and Love the Bomb) or a fat old Sheriff ala James Bond...

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfam04 View Post
                    So you would prefer a coach with no QB or OC experience whatsoever?

Why havenít the Eagles promoted him to OC?

Comment

This is a perfect hire for us. He has experience as an OC (was OC of the Year in 2015) but with Shurmur calling the plays he can also concentrate on his QB duties and develop the next man up (Webb or rookie). He did great things with David Garrard in J-Ville getting him to a 106 QBR with only 3 INTs and a 64% completions. He then took a running QB in Cam Newton and got him to throw for more yards in his first two years than any QB ever, breaking Peyton Mannings record.

I think Shu-Shu (Shumur-Shula) will do some amazing things developing a QB. This is the best case scenario for this team.
                      LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                      "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                        I've never paid any attention to him. But, if Pedigree is worth something, then he might be a good pick. He surely was raised around football and was Alabama's QB for 3 years.
                        He also was HC for Bama and got canned
                        Football has been very, very good to us.
                        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                        4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE
                        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

But had 3/4 good years with
                          Carolina
                          Football has been very, very good to us.
                          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                          4-New York Giants!!!
                          5-NE
                          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

So you would prefer a coach with no QB or OC experience whatsoever?

Why havenít the Eagles promoted him to OC?
                            With all the complaining about retreads and needing new blood how is this different? Yea give me a guy who is hungry to prove himself, motivated to move up in the coaching ranks. Not some guy whoís been mediocre for most of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfam04 View Post
                              Is there a reason why? Not baiting you just curious on your reasoning?

I don't know much about either of them except one was the HC of Alabama , OC of Tampa and Carolina and the son of Don Shula. (86 - 56 winning record as an OC) (5 playoff appearances, 1 Super bowl appearance) and the other is a former RB

I would rather have a guy with experience Game planning then someone that need a hand hold through the process. I like the hiring. Maybe he will pan out maybe he won't . Until he proves he can not handle the duties , I'll be optimistic the giants made the right choice.
                              There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

Working...
                              X