MIke shula new OC..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TEM View Post

Is there a reason why? Not baiting you just curious on your reasoning?

I don't know much about either of them except one was the HC of Alabama , OC of Tampa and Carolina and the son of Don Shula. (86 - 56 winning record as an OC) (5 playoff appearances, 1 Super bowl appearance) and the other is a former RB

I would rather have a guy with experience Game planning then someone that need a hand hold through the process. I like the hiring. Maybe he will pan out maybe he won't . Until he proves he can not handle the duties , I'll be optimistic the giants made the right choice.
    Personally I think the Carolina offense was unimpressive. I live in sc and see a lot of panthers games. I thought it was predictable aside from the year they went to the super bowl they weren’t great, more of middle of the road type.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfam04 View Post

With all the complaining about retreads and needing new blood how is this different? Yea give me a guy who is hungry to prove himself, motivated to move up in the coaching ranks. Not some guy who’s been mediocre for most of his career.
      Why not hire a High School coach? He/she would fit your criteria and be much cheaper.

By the way, the Eagles have decided to go without an OC instead of promoting Duce.

Comment

I'm totally underwhelmed by the hiring of Shula!
        He worked with Newton? Who is he most responsible for....good Cam or bad Cam?
        There's been more bad Cam than good, so that doesn't bode well now does it!
        Last edited by bigblue58; 02-14-2018, 09:19 AM.
        "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

Why not hire a High School coach? He/she would fit your criteria and be much cheaper.
          I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

By the way, the Eagles have decided to go without an OC instead of promoting Duce.
            Yea because being a high school coach is the same as being in the pros for over a decade as a player and coach. Come on man make a valid argument against it otherwise you’re wasting my time.

Comment

Love the Giants always will and ill give Bettcher a chance but sorry the rest of coaching staff has failure seasons written all over it,Shula is terrible choice as OC even if he doesnt call the plays.

Giants team will have a lot of work to do offensively and defensively

Comment

not the guy Shurmur wanted, because Vikings wouldnt allow their OC to interview ... which is a crap move.

Comment

Working...
                X