I miss John Candy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I miss John Candy

http://youtu.be/xEt5dEOcW0I The Uncle BUck scene where he goes to the school to talk to the principle about his niece .

Re: I miss John Candy

Anyone a fan of him? I know there's Canadian Giants fans on this site who probably appreciate this thread. Thank you Canada.

Comment

Say to myself all the time I miss john candy...he was awesome and yeah uncle buck is deff classic..the best part is when he pulls out the hatchet, "here it is!"

Comment

I can't say that I am a huge fan, but I do appreciate his work. He was a big supporter of the CFL, and really helped it's reconnaissance for a while. He was certainly a huge football fan, and always had the best interest of the sport in mind.

There was a great documentary about his involvement in the CFL that I would certainly recommend. It is called John Candy: True Double Blue. Double Blue referring to the signature colours of the Toronto Argonauts football team.

I remember back in the day. I had just arrived home from high school, and heard on the tv that he had passed. I never really cared for his work, but I think that it was his commitment to the community that made me realized that we had lost a good one.

Here is a bit of his stuff:
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVFx7byfKag

Comment

"They should've called him the dork".

Comment

"you should see the toast, i couldnt even fit it thru the door!"

Comment

Did anyone else think he was the funniest in Spaceballs?

Comment

[quote user="jjj45"]Did anyone else think he was the funniest in Spaceballs?
                [/quote]was definitely a good one but planes trains and automobiles was better..</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_akwH...p;feature=fvsr</P>

</P>

Canadian Bacon was hiliarious as well.</P>

Comment

[quote user="bandwgn86"]

[/quote]was definitely a good one but planes trains and automobiles was better..</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_akwHYMdbsM&feature=fvsr</P>

*</P>

Canadian Bacon was hiliarious as well.</P>[/quote]

Those aren't pilLOWS!!

Comment

Spaceballs
                    Uncle Buck
                    Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
                    Stripes
                    The Great Outdoors
                    Cool Runnings
                    Canadian Bacon

Dude was AMAZING and absolutely hilarious, I never realized this before but he's in a good amount of my favorite movies
                    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

[quote user="gmen46"][quote user="bandwgn86"]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_akwH...p;feature=fvsr</P>

</P>

Canadian Bacon was hiliarious as well.</P>

[/quote] Those aren't pilLOWS!![/quote]</P>

lololol</P>

</P>

Comment

[quote user="Kase-1"]Spaceballs
                        Uncle Buck
                        Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
                        Stripes
                        The Great Outdoors
                        Cool Runnings
                        Canadian Bacon

Dude was AMAZING and absolutely hilarious, I never realized this before but he's in a good amount of my favorite movies
                        [/quote]favoUrite []

Comment

"I'm a Mog, half man, half dog---I'm my own best friend"

"Sorry folks, park's closed. Moose out front shoulda told ya."

"Well, my name's Dewey Oxburger. My friends call me Ox. I dont know if you've noticed, but I got a slight weight problem."

Comment

I was just thinking the same thing while watching Uncle Buck yesterday. My brother and I grew up watching his movies. He'll always be one of my favorite actors...

"Take this quarter, go downtown and have a rat gnaw that thing off your face!"

Comment

[quote user="tonyt830"]"I'm a Mog, half man, half dog---I'm my own best friend"

"Sorry folks, park's closed. Moose out front shoulda told ya."

"Well, my name's Dewey Oxburger. My friends call me Ox. I dont know if you've noticed, but I got a slight weight problem."[/quote]LOL, I totally forgot he was the security guard in 'National Lampoons Vacation'
                              Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Working...
                              X