Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vote For Victor Cruz For Cover Of Madden 13!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vote For Victor Cruz For Cover Of Madden 13!!!

[quote user="goonergiant"]Drew Brees doesn't appear to be "cursed"...[/quote]
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    What he said, lol... =)

Comment

[quote user="goonergiant"]Drew Brees doesn't appear to be "cursed"...[/quote]

Madden 11. The 2010 Super Bowl MVP Drew Brees would appear of the cover of Madden 11. After his Saints won the Super Bowl the previous season, they were poised for another good year. However the curse had other plans. Brees threw 22 interceptions, twice as many as the previous year and the Saints would lose in the first round of the playoffs to a 7-9 Seattle Seahawks.

Comment

[quote user="Cruz 4 Prez"][quote user="Dabluguy"]No thanks. No Madden curse for the Giants.[/quote]
        C'mon man, you can't seriously believe in curses, do you? That's like believing in Santa or the Easter Bunny. Supposedly the Red Sox had a curse and what happened to that? Curses are all perception, and if I recall correctly, 3 or so years ago Larry Fitz was on the cover and had a great year, and no injuries. For people who actually play Madden, and buy it every year I would love to see one of my favorite players on the cover.[/quote]

You don't think becoming the face of the poorly run Cardinals franchise is damaging enough to count? He is one of the best receivers in the league and he is stuck on a team who's greatest achievement is being handed a superbowl appearance by the Eagles and failing to beat the Steelers who played a mediocre game. If you ask me the curse took one look and said, "No need to pile on more, he's already screwed", and left.

Comment

[quote user="jparmer"][quote user="goonergiant"]Drew Brees doesn't appear to be "cursed"...[/quote]

Madden 11. The 2010 Super Bowl MVP Drew Brees would appear of the cover of Madden 11. After his Saints won the Super Bowl the previous season, they were poised for another good year. However the curse had other plans. Brees threw 22 interceptions, twice as many as the previous year and the Saints would lose in the first round of the playoffs to a 7-9 Seattle Seahawks.[/quote]

And dropped his passer rating from 109.6 to 90.9

Comment

[quote user="Flip Empty"]I've no problem voting for him. I don't believe in curses.
            Was he cursed in 2010 when the Giants decided to stash him away on IR?
            Were T2, Goff, Sintim, Austin, Johnson, Witherspoon, Coe, Tryon and Clayton on last year's Madden cover as well?
            Injuries happen, it's the nature of the sport.

EA, will be loving the exposure this supposed "curse" gives their outdated video game. It's free publicity.

Made a Cruz cover for another thread, it's a bit rough

[/quote]
            If I had this printed for the xbox 360, and if Cruz atleast beats Revis I wouldn't care if Cruz won or not. This would be an awesome cover!!!!

Comment

[quote user="jparmer"][quote user="jparmer"][quote user="goonergiant"]Drew Brees doesn't appear to be "cursed"...[/quote]

Madden 11. The 2010 Super Bowl MVP Drew Brees would appear of the cover of Madden 11. After his Saints won the Super Bowl the previous season, they were poised for another good year. However the curse had other plans. Brees threw 22 interceptions, twice as many as the previous year and the Saints would lose in the first round of the playoffs to a 7-9 Seattle Seahawks.[/quote]

And dropped his passer rating from 109.6 to 90.9[/quote]

He still threw for 400 yards and lost because they allowed 41 points to the 7-9 Seahawks! If anyone looked cursed in that game it was the Saints D!
              Overall, it was still an ok season and he breaks the passing yards record the very next year..

Comment

[quote user="goonergiant"][quote user="jparmer"][quote user="jparmer"][quote user="goonergiant"]Drew Brees doesn't appear to be "cursed"...[/quote]

He still threw for 400 yards and lost because they allowed 41 points to the 7-9 Seahawks! If anyone looked cursed in that game it was the Saints D!
                Overall, it was still an ok season and he breaks the passing yards record the very next year..[/quote]

There is no standard for the curse other than injury or diminished production the year after the cover. Call it what u want. If u are OK with cruz getting 500 yards and we get knocked out in the first round of the playoffs go ahead and vote him in.

Comment

And I'll just go ahead and mention the current topic "bounty gate". But you're right there probably is no madden curse

Comment

My take on this whole matter is simple:

Players on the cover of Madden or SI are selected because they are seen by their peers and the media to be at the height of their respective sports at the time of the release.

It is very difficult for a player to replicate the performance that warranted their face being put on the cover. Also with being on a cover, all aspects of their performance are going to be analyzed that much more.

No curse.

Comment

[quote user="jparmer"][quote user="goonergiant"][quote user="jparmer"][quote user="jparmer"][quote user="goonergiant"]Drew Brees doesn't appear to be "cursed"...[/quote]

Overall, it was still an ok season and he breaks the passing yards record the very next year..[/quote]

There is no standard for the curse other than injury or diminished production the year after the cover. Call it what u want. If u are OK with cruz getting 500 yards and we get knocked out in the first round of the playoffs go ahead and vote him in.[/quote]

So if I vote for him then I am ok with 500 yards etc? Not everyone has to have superstitious beliefs.

Comment

[quote user="gbril28"]My take on this whole matter is simple:

Players on the cover of Madden or SI are selected because they are seen by their peers and the media to be at the height of their respective sports at the time of the release.

It is very difficult for a player to replicate the performance that warranted their face being put on the cover. Also with being on a cover, all aspects of their performance are going to be analyzed that much more.

No curse.[/quote]
                        I agree, it's not like ppl are puposely trying to injure ppl that made the cover, except for the Saints who try to take everyone out, lol

Comment

i just voted....for shady mccoy

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
                          @Katdaddyjay 17h
                          @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
                          http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Comment

[quote user="TheBookOfEli"]Is this thread serious? I'm going to vote for Lesean McCoy.........he "deserves" it.[/quote]

smart man. all my giants friends and i agree... he "deserves" it and were all voting for him. :evilgrin:

Comment

[quote user="Cruz 4 Prez"]
                              Dude this is great!!! Can you make another one, but for XBOX 360, and make it the same size as a real one so I can print it when I get home? My email address is plaxprez@gmail.com if you can!![/quote]
                              Yeah, I can't find a better version of that image so I may have to use another one though.

About the curse.. you believers need not worry about Cruz because Tebow has this thing in the bag. Both fans and haters will be voting for him.

Comment

[quote user="Flip Empty"][quote user="Cruz 4 Prez"]
                                Dude this is great!!! Can you make another one, but for XBOX 360, and make it the same size as a real one so I can print it when I get home? My email address is plaxprez@gmail.com if you can!![/quote]
                                Yeah, I can't find a better version of that image so I may have to use another one though.

About the curse.. you believers need not worry about Cruz because Tebow has this thing in the bag. Both fans and haters will be voting for him.[/quote]
                                Tebox lost in the 1st round, lol

Comment

Working...
                                X