Madden 13 article

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madden 13 article

[link]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82899f7d/article/behind-the-scenes-at-madden-nfl-13-preview-party?module=HP11_content_stream[/link]

but who really cares about most of that.

"Gone are the fictional team of Gus Johnson and Cris Collinsworth, who weren't brought back after their contracts expired.

In their place? Phil Simms and Jim Nantz, CBS' real-life No. 1 team."

I may actually enjoy the commentary now lol
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

Re: Madden 13 article

[quote user="GmenFan1980"][link]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82899f7d/article/behind-the-scenes-at-madden-nfl-13-preview-party?module=HP11_content_stream[/link] but who really cares about most of that. "Gone are the fictional team of Gus Johnson and Cris Collinsworth, who weren't brought back after their contracts expired. In their place? Phil Simms and Jim Nantz, CBS' real-life No. 1 team." I may actually enjoy the commentary now lol[/quote]</P>

I thought Gus &amp; Chris did a decent job but it got stale fast. Every game was the same lines over and over again.</P>
    The Gigalo with the most below

Comment

[quote user="Martyr"]

[quote user="GmenFan1980"][link]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82899f7d/article/behind-the-scenes-at-madden-nfl-13-preview-party?module=HP11_content_stream[/link] but who really cares about most of that. "Gone are the fictional team of Gus Johnson and Cris Collinsworth, who weren't brought back after their contracts expired. In their place? Phil Simms and Jim Nantz, CBS' real-life No. 1 team." I may actually enjoy the commentary now lol[/quote]</p>

I thought Gus &amp; Chris did a decent job but it got stale fast. Every game was the same lines over and over again.</p>[/quote]
      AKA, every Madden game ever.

Comment

Either way, this game will be rubbish just like its predecessors. Zero innovation since the PS2/XB era.

If the league renews EA's exclusivity deal again it'll stay that way.

Comment

I used to hate Colinsworth, but hes grown on me in the past couple years. Gus is good, but he got boring quick in madden. I really hope they make the commentary like the NBA 2K games, the way it sounds so realistic is amazing.

Comment

Even better would be a new NFL 2K game. Even 2K5 plays better than the current Maddens. Better commentary, too.

Comment

Every year I'm hoping for a huge change. I liked Madden 12, but I'd like to see some changes.

I think its' stupid how you can't really do a quick substitution of RBs in the game.

You could but its' pretty annoying

Comment

wow, this is very interesting. i always preferred Greg Gumbel and Simms, but i'll take anyone over the ***** of broadcasting and mr too over-enthusiastic in the voice recording booth.

the best madden play by play guy was when they had Pat Summerall. he was a great voice actor because he just talks. i like Al Michaels, but he could never capture his real life emotion in the video game. and i hated how they made John Madden sound like an idiot in his own game.

but either way, i still hate madden. it just feels like a videogame. 2k could capture the organic feel, and to a lesser extent, so did the old maddens.

still waiting for 2013 where theres a slim hope of an NFL 2k14.

Comment

good news i skipped 12 . looking foward to new comments

Comment

Thank God. Collinsworthless makes me want to stick a spinning drill in my ears and I hate hearing "pash rush", and that other guy, "blow the whistle, toot toot!" VOMIT

Now, will they fix the unstoppable McFadden sweep?

Will they fix the unblockable 49ers blitzes?
                    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]Thank God. Collinsworthless makes me want to stick a spinning drill in my ears and I hate hearing "pash rush", and that other guy, "blow the whistle, toot toot!" VOMIT

Now, will they fix the unstoppable McFadden sweep?

Will they fix the unblockable 49ers blitzes?
                      [/quote]

McFadden Sweep? not sure if thats a specific play but you can stop "sweeps" or "tosses" easily by playing cover three in just about any defensive set. Or user the MLB and take the outside option away forcing him to come inside (usually results in a limited gain)

Anything in madden can be dealt with you just need to know how. If the individual is blitzing a ton block extra guys? I beat people that play the the niners all the time and they don't have any special blitzing powers.

I think some people just hate madden for the sake of hating it lol. Granted the game isn't perfect but its not horrible by any means.

Comment

[quote user="CGYgiant"]

McFadden Sweep? not sure if thats a specific play but you can stop "sweeps" or "tosses" easily by playing cover three in just about any defensive set. Or user the MLB and take the outside option away forcing him to come inside (usually results in a limited gain)

[/quote]

If you play a guy online using the Raiders, 100% of the time he will use this one single play and it's good for first down yardage EVERY SINGLE TIME. It's incredibly frustrating. Doesn't matter what defense you have called (I have tried EVERYTHING including CB blitzes to the side he's running), you can angle your linemen and lb'ers, and position your outside LB to be in his path it doesn't matter. It's actually pretty widely known this "bug" has been in the game for years. It's like a GOD MODE that the devlopers put in on purpose. I find a lot of people playing Chris Johnson doing the same thing but I can stop them while McFadden is unstoppable.

However the next time I end up in this situation I will try sticking with a cover 3.

[quote user="CGYgiant"]
                        Anything in madden can be dealt with you just need to know how. If the individual is blitzing a ton block extra guys? I beat people that play the the niners all the time and they don't have any special blitzing powers.[/quote]

There are people who manage to get the front 7 tight up on the line (literally on the LoS) and they are unblockable whether you're in a no WR goal line formation or in shotgun for a quick pass... Magically blitz Willis past any blocking scheme (and again here it doesn't matter if you've got enough men on the line to block and they somehow magically know whether you're running or throwing before the snap despite audibles and fake audibles sometimes many times). I'm convinced there are many people out there cheating and a smaller number altering the game parameters with a JTAG.
                        8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Why do i get the feeling that all the "fixes" they put in place this year will just cause all sorts of new issues?

Now the DBs are not going to be able to make a catch when they dont see the ball, ok... but I get the feeling they arent going to turn for the ball correctly, or watch when the receiver puts his arms out and try to knock things away either.

Comment

Thank God no more Collinsworth. His voice is so annoying " Tiiiime and tiiime agaaaiin" ughhhh.

"Tell your line to protect on this play...tell your line to protect on every play, not just this one"
                            "We went back and timed his release against the ALL-TIME greats and his was as fast or faster than any of them..."
                            duuuuuuuuuuuuuumb

Comment

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"][quote user="CGYgiant"]

[/quote]

If you play a guy online using the Raiders, 100% of the time he will use this one single play and it's good for first down yardage EVERY SINGLE TIME. It's incredibly frustrating. Doesn't matter what defense you have called (I have tried EVERYTHING including CB blitzes to the side he's running), you can angle your linemen and lb'ers, and position your outside LB to be in his path it doesn't matter. It's actually pretty widely known this "bug" has been in the game for years.

However the next time I end up in this situation I will try sticking with a cover 3.

[quote user="CGYgiant"]
                              Anything in madden can be dealt with you just need to know how. If the individual is blitzing a ton block extra guys? I beat people that play the the niners all the time and they don't have any special blitzing powers.[/quote]

There are people who manage to get the front 7 tight up on the line and they are unblockable whether you're in a no WR goal line formation or in shotgun for a quick pass... Magically blitz Willis past any blocking scheme (and again here it doesn't matter if you've got enough men on the line to block and they somehow magically know whether you're running or throwing before the snap). I'm convinced there are many people out there cheating and a smaller number altering the game parameters with a JTAG.
                              [/quote]

to stop tosses:

1.) Try using the 46 defense which is just basically a variation of the 43 except you get an extra guy in the box.

3.) call a cover 3

2.) Spread your D-line and "flare" your ends (this can be done with a combination of the d-pad and right trigger).

This should stop the tosses. Also, for an even better effect, take the players in the "light blue zones" and manually spread them out even wider. They will break down the play out wide and your flaring d-line will stop that play cold (not to mention you get great pressure in case of a pass).

for blitzes:

Try calling plays that have "blue routes". Usually running backs and tight ends will run these routes. What happens is they first pick up the blitz then peel out on a route, this is excellent as it stops the pressure and lets you hit these players for a big gain.

Or, just light the guy up with screen passes. Or quick passes (slants).

Comment

Working...
                              X