best sports movie of all time?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: best sports movie of all time?

<P align=left><FONT size=4><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">Here is my favorite scene in a sports movie. It is from Friday Night Lights with coach Gaines addressing the teamat half time on the topic of being "perfect."</FONT> </FONT>
    <P align=left><FONT size=4><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">It gives me goose bumps everytime I see it. Let me share it with you.</FONT> </FONT>
    <P align=left><FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><U></U></FONT>
    <P align=left><FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><U>Coach Gaines</U>: Well it's real simple: You got two more quarters and that's it.</FONT>
    <P align=left><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">Now most of you have been playin' this game for ten years. And you got two more quarters and after that most of you will never play this game again as long as you live. Now, ya'll have known me for awhile, and for a long time now you've been hearin' me talk about being perfect.</FONT>
    <P align=left><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">Well I want you to understand somethin'. To me, being perfect is not about that scoreboard out there. It's not about winning. It's about you and your relationship to yourself and your family and your friends.</FONT>
    <P align=left><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">Being perfect is about being able to look your friends in the eye and know that you didn't let them down, because you told them the truth. And that truth is that you did everything that you could. There wasn't one more thing that you could've done.</FONT>
    <P align=left><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">Can you live in that moment, as best you can, with clear eyes and love in your heart? With joy in your heart?</FONT>
    <P align=left><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">If you can do that gentlemen, then you're perfect.</FONT>
    <P align=left><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">I want you to take a moment. And I want you to look each other in the eyes. I want you to put each other in your hearts forever, because forever's about to happen here in just a few minutes.</FONT>
    <P align=left>
    <P align=left><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">I want you to close your eyes, and I want you to think about Boobie Miles, who is your brother. And he would die to be out there on that field with you tonight. And I want you to put that in your hearts.</FONT>
    <P align=left><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">Boys, my heart is full. My heart's full.</FONT>
    <P align=left><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">Ivory? </FONT><FONT size=2 face="Comic Sans MS">[to team Chaplain who leads the team in the Lord's prayer]</FONT>
    <P align=left><FONT size=2 face="Comic Sans MS"><U>Ivory</U>: "Our Father.... </FONT>
    <P align=center><FONT size=1 face="Comic Sans MS">[Camera pans both teams praying the Lord's Prayer in their respective locker rooms]</FONT>
    <P align=center>
    <DIV align=center>
    <TABLE style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" id=table2 border=0 borderColor=#000000 cellPadding=0 width="48%" bgColor=#ffffff>
    <TBODY>
    <TR>
    <TD>
    <P align=center></P></TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 7px; PADDING-TOP: 7px">
    <P align=center><FONT color=#ff0000 face="Goudy Old Style">who art in heaven,
    Hallowed be thy Name.
    Thy kingdom come.
    Thy will be done,
    On earth as it is in heaven.
    Give us this day our daily bread.
    And forgive us our trespasses,
    As we forgive those who trespass against us.
    And lead us not into temptation,
    But deliver us from evil.
    For thine is the kingdom,
    and the power,
    and the glory,
    for ever and ever.
    Amen!" </FONT>
    </P></TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD>
    <P align=center></P></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></DIV>
    No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Love it Jomo.....that movie was on my list a page or so ago. LOVE IT.
      The show took SO MUCH of that feeling with it from the movie, which is why it ran as long as it did despite the networks not wanting to carry it. the fan base was tooupset to throw out the window
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

IIIIII.....want...want...want...want...to..to..to..to...thank...thank...tha nk......
        Everyone forgot Lou Gerhig? Gary Cooper, or am I giving my age away.
        I miss Red Hook

Comment

The Top Gun volleyball scene is hillarious
          sigpic

Comment

Always liked For The Love Of The Game w Costner and School Ties...college football movie with all young stars at the time.

Comment

What about 'Back To School'.... Rodney Dangerfield DID invent the 'Triple Lindy' down on the "Jersey Piers", LOL

Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

naaa its cinderella man next to Rocky IV that is..CINDERELLA MAN IS KILLER FELLAS!!!!1

Comment

[quote user="Kase-1"]What about 'Back To School'.... Rodney Dangerfield DID invent the 'Triple Lindy' down on the "Jersey Piers", LOL

[/quote]</P>

Remember . . . you're a Melon!</P>

Comment

[quote user="Yankees807"]Always liked For The Love Of The Game w Costner and School Ties...college football movie with all young stars at the time.[/quote]</P>

For Love of The Game was a good flick. </P>
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Cool runnings!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

[quote user="sharick88"]Cool runnings!!![/quote]</P>

ehh Sanka.....ya dead, mon?</P>
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Rookie of the Year, duhh

Comment

[quote user="dezzzR"]Rookie of the Year, duhh
                            [/quote]</P>

you would say that....because youre a fan of funky butt loving</P>
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Working...
                            X