best sports movie of all time?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best sports movie of all time?

Imo its major league...my fav football movie is the program...thoughts?

Re: best sports movie of all time?

hmm...favorites include:

Rudy
    The Program (specifically because of Lattimer)
    Hoop Dreams (personal fav)
    Remember the Titans
    We Are Marshall

*I could go on but don't want to hog the thread...can't pick just one.
    "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

I know I'm going to get broiled for this but aside from "Miracle" I loved "Seabiscuit."

Comment

[quote user="Roswell777"]I know I'm going to get broiled for this but aside from "Miracle" I loved "Seabisquit"[/quote]

I liked Seabiscuit too but... I don't think I could watch it more than 3 times without getting sick of it.

Comment

[quote user="titwio"]hmm...favorites include:

Rudy
          The Program (specifically because of Lattimer)
          Hoop Dreams (personal fav)
          Remember the Titans
          We Are Marshall

*I could go on but don't want to hog the thread...can't pick just one.[/quote]

loved rudy,,im a big notre dame fan so thats a movie i watch every time its on.

Comment

Bull Durham is by far my favorite. There are other good ones, but non of them seem to be as dynamic.

Sports movies are typically way too formulaic for my taste, but there are those that do strike the right cord.

Cobb is another good one.

Comment

[quote user="Bohemian"]Bull Durham is by far my favorite.* There are other good ones, but non of them seem to be as dynamic.*

Sports movies are typically way too formulaic for my taste, but there are those that do strike the right cord.

[/quote]

eight men out is another good one

Comment

[quote user="allentown PA"][quote user="Bohemian"]Bull Durham is by far my favorite. There are other good ones, but non of them seem to be as dynamic.

[/quote]

eight men out is another good one[/quote]

It crossed my mind, just could not remember the title. Great movie for sure.

I also liked Invictus, about the South African Rugby World Cup victory.

Comment

'Slap Shot' anyone?!?!?!

Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

[quote user="Kase-1"]'Slap Shot' anyone?!?!?!

[/quote]

slap shot is a classic.

Comment

[quote user="Kase-1"]'Slap Shot' anyone?!?!?!

[/quote]

Honestly never seen it but...what did you guys think of the hockey movie "Goon".

I saw it recently and it was pretty good....It was like "Happy Gilmore" meets "Youngblood".

Comment

Also I need to mention "The Natural"...Seen it a million times and still watch it whenever it's on.

Great movie.

Comment

[quote user="titwio"][quote user="Kase-1"]'Slap Shot' anyone?!?!?!

[/quote]

Honestly never seen it but...what did you guys think of the hockey movie "Goon".

I saw it recently and it was pretty good....<font size="6">It was like "Happy Gilmore" meets "Youngblood".</font>[/quote]

Throw in some "Dodgeball" to that mix. Yes, "Goon" surprised me. If you like Hockey, "Goon" is a MUST.

Comment

[quote user="titwio"]Also I need to mention "The Natural"...Seen it a million times and still watch it whenever it's on.

Great movie.[/quote]

Excellent movie!

I should also add North Dallas 40, as it is probably my favorite football movie.

Comment

One of my favorite movies of the past year was "Goon". I HIGHLY recommend it. even if youre not necessarily a hockey fan, it was awesome!
                              Most of the ones I was going to say were already mentioned.
                              Also, I dont really consider it sports really, but the movie "Warrior" was ****ing awesome. Involved MMA, I suppose, but it wasn't really the main focus of the film. That, and Goon were my 2 favorite movies this year for sure.
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Working...
                              X