Favorite Horror movie?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moke View Post
    Why the hell with them? I don't believe in that but they are awesome and freaky
    Because I get scared
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

A little known classic horror movie is Bob Clark's 1974 "Black Christmas". This is the same director who made the Christmas comedy classic, "A Christmas Story".

This is credited as being the first true slasher movie, except it relies on creepy environment/cinematography to achieve its scares rather than blood/gore.

Basic plot: A killer is terrorizing a sorority house during Christmas break. It is truly quite a disturbing film, and if you watch it by yourself at night I guarantee you will be creeped the **** out.

If you have not seen this film and are a fan of horror movies you NEED to see this.

Here is one of the creepiest scenes

Easily the creepiest horror movie I have ever seen next to John Carpenter's original Halloween. You can tell Carpenter was inspired by this film.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Comment

Originally posted by Giantz4Life View Post
        A little known classic horror movie is Bob Clark's 1974 "Black Christmas". This is the same director who made the Christmas comedy classic, "A Christmas Story".

This is credited as being the first true slasher movie, except it relies on creepy environment/cinematography to achieve its scares rather than blood/gore.

Basic plot: A killer is terrorizing a sorority house during Christmas break. It is truly quite a disturbing film, and if you watch it by yourself at night I guarantee you will be creeped the **** out.

If you have not seen this film and are a fan of horror movies you NEED to see this.

Here is one of the creepiest scenes

Easily the creepiest horror movie I have ever seen next to John Carpenter's original Halloween. You can tell Carpenter was inspired by this film.
        That's freaking crazy. I can't watch stuff like that, too scary. It's scarier to think it can actually happen too.

Comment

Have any of you seen A Serbian Film? It literally rapes your soul. I actually don't recommend it to anyone lmao it's that psychologically disturbing.

Comment

Originally posted by Moke View Post
            Shining book > shining movie.

I hate horror movies, they suck now. I love the old exorcism movies. Those were the creepiest.
            Ya, the Exorcist was pretty freaking scary.. To be honest, the first time i saw the Grudge and the Ring, i was pretty scared as well.. Stephen Kings "IT" was pretty scary as well.. When i was a kid, and saw that for the first time, it took awhile to stop thinking of that dang clown! The first part is the best when there kids, the 2nd half is not nearly as good...

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
              That's freaking crazy. I can't watch stuff like that, too scary. It's scarier to think it can actually happen too.
              Those are the kinds of movies that freak me out. Freddy Kreuger never scared me as a kid because I knew that type of stuff was made up. Same with Jason (coming back from the dead). But Michael Myers, that dude straight up terrorized me as a child lol. That white, expressionless mask...the fact that he stalked babysitters and he was an escaped mental patient. It's completely possible.

And that one scene where he appears behind Laurie in the doorway will haunt me forever...His mask slowly appearing out of the darkness...

Comment

Have any of you seen A Serbian Film? It literally rapes your soul. I actually don't recommend it to anyone lmao it's that psychologically disturbing.
                Nope, but you have me intrigued now lol

Comment

Everyone knows the scene in the Ring where she comes outta the TV scared u the first time u saw it..lol

Comment

Those are the kinds of movies that freak me out. Freddy Kreuger never scared me as a kid because I knew that type of stuff was made up. Same with Jason (coming back from the dead). But Michael Myers, that dude straight up terrorized me as a child lol. That white, expressionless mask...the fact that he stalked babysitters and he was an escaped mental patient. It's completely possible.

And that one scene where he appears behind Laurie in the doorway will haunt me forever...His mask slowly appearing out of the darkness...

Love the Halloween franchise.....I think his mask looked the scariest in part 2 when the nurse gets out of her car to go into the hospital and they show Michael's face in the side mirror of her car....creepy!

Comment

Originally posted by Laurah1275 View Post
                      Love the Halloween franchise.....I think his mask looked the scariest in part 2 when the nurse gets out of her car to go into the hospital and they show Michael's face in the side mirror of her car....creepy!
                      I love the Halloween franchise as a whole more than any other simply because it is the only movie that scared me. Part 2 was great as it kept true to the first movie and was very creepy set in the dark hospital. Part 3 wasn't related to Michael Myers but it was a good little horror film in its own right. Part 4 was terrible. The mask was terrible IMO. Part 5 was better, but not great. Halloween 6 was whack. H20 was better than 4,5, and 6 only because Jamie Lee Curtis returned. I won't even discuss the one with Busta Rhymes and Tyra Banks...that killed the franchise for me. What were they thinking?

I thought Rob Zombie's remakes were good. They received a lot of criticism, but I like how he explained the backstory of Michael Myers. Plus turning him into a literal giant made him very intimidating:

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Serbian_Film

Good God..

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                          Everyone knows the scene in the Ring where she comes outta the TV scared u the first time u saw it..lol
                          YO, SCREW THAT MOVIE! DIDN'T SLEEP FOR DAYS.

Comment

Why would anyone want to watch something like that?

It's trying to be disgusting and horrible. Really no point to it except to show how perverse and shocking it can be. No creativity in it imo, unlike some of the other films mentioned.
                            Last edited by Rusty192; 10-23-2012, 10:33 PM.

Comment

don't watch it..srsly its sick..the people who made it are sick..im still haunted by it

Comment

Originally posted by Laurah1275 View Post
                                halloween is prbly my fav movie period, not just horror...The creepiest scene is where she is in school and he is watching her from the street...I agree that is a creepy part in 2 when his face appears in the window.

Comment

Working...
                                X