Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    I didnt have a good draft this year either. Next year...
    Well I'm 3-1 and in 2nd place in my division (Was in 1st place the first 3 weeks). But some of my key starters got injured, and I had to play my bench..and then some of my bench players got hurt, and I had to pick up FA's whom shouldn't have even made the bench squad.



    Sad Rudy is sad
    Last edited by Rudy; 10-03-2013, 11:47 AM.
    Mood: WOOF!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
      You can be rough if you'd like

      ok that was weird.

      Anyway, that's a good point. Offenses are just bombs away nowadays. Vertical offenses.

      And what is this "recommended overhaul"?
      for the past...lets say 4 years....I've said that the option for drafting RBs in fantasy football shouldnt be by individual player anymore, but by entire team running games.
      You can still take Adrian Peterson #1 overall if you want....but instead youd take Minnesota-Run Game or something like that.

      Takes care of multiple issues:
      Injuries
      RB by committee
      Breakout players/Waiver priorities being all screwy, unlike any other fantasy sport.
      Oderint Dum Metuant

      It's too bad, I'm too good....

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
        Well I'm 3-1 and in 2nd place in my division (Was in 1st place the first 3 weeks). But some of my key starters got injured, and I had to play my bench..and then some of my bench players got her, and I had to pick up FA's whom shouldn't have even made the bench squad.



        Sad Rudy is sad
        Yea injuries always get me too.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
          for the past...lets say 4 years....I've said that the option for drafting RBs in fantasy football shouldnt be by individual player anymore, but by entire team running games.
          You can still take Adrian Peterson #1 overall if you want....but instead youd take Minnesota-Run Game or something like that.

          Takes care of multiple issues:
          Injuries
          RB by committee
          Breakout players/Waiver priorities being all screwy, unlike any other fantasy sport.
          I want to like it, but its not specific enough, too general. Whats stopping them from doing that with the passing game, qbs...

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
            Well I'm 3-1 and in 2nd place in my division (Was in 1st place the first 3 weeks). But some of my key starters got injured, and I had to play my bench..and then some of my bench players got her, and I had to pick up FA's whom shouldn't have even made the bench squad.



            Sad Rudy is sad
            Don't tell them about "the trade" Rudy.

            MY lips are sealed.
            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
              I want to like it, but its not specific enough, too general. Whats stopping them from doing that with the passing game, qbs...
              You make a good point....BUT ....there's no such thing as WR by committee....just teams with good WRs, and teams without. lol
              Sure there are certain situations where youd go with 4WR sets, and MAYBE that 4th guy gets a look over the #1....but, i dont think it's nearly as prevolent as it is in fantasy's RB situation.
              McFadden...great RB....totally injury prone. So unless you get lucky enough to scap up the handcuff without giving up too early of a pick,when he goes down, youre done for awhile. This is particularly painful in 12-team formats. At least in 10mans you might get lucky on teh same day pickup.
              Oderint Dum Metuant

              It's too bad, I'm too good....

              Comment


              • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                for the past...lets say 4 years....I've said that the option for drafting RBs in fantasy football shouldnt be by individual player anymore, but by entire team running games.
                You can still take Adrian Peterson #1 overall if you want....but instead youd take Minnesota-Run Game or something like that.

                Takes care of multiple issues:
                Injuries
                RB by committee
                Breakout players/Waiver priorities being all screwy, unlike any other fantasy sport.
                Oooooh that makes sense.

                But wouldn't you have to do that for WR's too?
                Mood: WOOF!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                  Don't tell them about "the trade" Rudy.

                  MY lips are sealed.
                  It's a secret??
                  Mood: WOOF!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                    Oooooh that makes sense.

                    But wouldn't you have to do that for WR's too?
                    see above post.
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

                    It's too bad, I'm too good....

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                      for the past...lets say 4 years....I've said that the option for drafting RBs in fantasy football shouldnt be by individual player anymore, but by entire team running games.
                      You can still take Adrian Peterson #1 overall if you want....but instead youd take Minnesota-Run Game or something like that.

                      Takes care of multiple issues:
                      Injuries
                      RB by committee
                      Breakout players/Waiver priorities being all screwy, unlike any other fantasy sport.
                      Why would you want to do any of these things.
                      Takes the nuance out of playing.
                      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                        You make a good point....BUT ....there's no such thing as WR by committee....just teams with good WRs, and teams without. lol
                        Sure there are certain situations where youd go with 4WR sets, and MAYBE that 4th guy gets a look over the #1....but, i dont think it's nearly as prevolent as it is in fantasy's RB situation.
                        McFadden...great RB....totally injury prone. So unless you get lucky enough to scap up the handcuff without giving up too early of a pick,when he goes down, youre done for awhile. This is particularly painful in 12-team formats. At least in 10mans you might get lucky on teh same day pickup.
                        I think I get it.

                        Starting WR's or the WR core don't have the same value as a team's starting RB or RB core.
                        Mood: WOOF!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                          Why would you want to do any of these things.
                          Takes the nuance out of playing.
                          I dont agree with that....fantasy sports started by using your knowledge of the game, and translating it into good drafts, and putting numbers on paper by having the best players.
                          the fact that it's mostly luck (since you dont CONTROL the players), means that you should be able to take SOME of the bad luck out of it, such as injuries.
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

                          It's too bad, I'm too good....

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                            I think I get it.

                            Starting WR's or the WR core don't have the same value as a team's starting RB or RB core.
                            generally, yes....injury risk is still there...but im pretty sure we can all agree that its just much more punishing to be a RB these days than a WR
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

                            It's too bad, I'm too good....

                            Comment


                            • Jax Teller is a ****** and Im rooting against him.

                              Comment


                              • slightly related....

                                I watched Pacific Rim last night.....

                                ****ING AWESOME!!!

                                It's gotta be up there in terms of greatest sci-fi flicks. i loved it.
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

                                It's too bad, I'm too good....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X