This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
    first off....I don't really get PISSED off over sports. Yea, I'm really disappointed with the way this season is turning out. But what it comes down to is that WORDS dont change anything. I dont care if Eli thinks he's having a HOF year. Clearly he isn't. The team knows that there is waaaaay too many things going wrong. I really have never been too excited about the way we run our offense. I watch other games, and there are SO many plays that get like 10 yards a pop, and im like "why dont WE ever run that play?!?!"

I think this offseason is going to result in a change of coordinators. there's gotta be SOMETHING....i dont think it's fewell's fault that we have a lack of pass rush, or the worst LBs corp in the league...but, we're in no position to win right now. so might as well start over with them.
    Do you honestly think TC is going to fire both coordinators. As I said, he had to be threatened by Mr. Mara just to fire Bill Sheridan.
    The only way we will get new coordinators is by getting a new HC.
    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by DavenIII View Post
      From my perspective I place more of the blame on Gilbride and Reese then anyone else...I've been angry at Gilbride since he started coaching here...he's been terrible for his entire career here in my opinion, Reese had some unbelievable drafts early and then became god around here (In Reese we trust?) I never was "that" high on him although I can't deny those early drafts his last few he's just ignored our O-line and some other weaknesses that should have been addressed.

on Eli, I'm not mad at Eli...Eli throws int's always has, he tries to do too much but that said there is still no other QB I'd rather have in a clutch situation, when he is on he is money and those Int's are TD's instead and he can single handedly win games for us...he has 2 SB MVP's and I don't know if you know or not but the way most teams rate QB's nowadays is whether they have the ability to take a team to and win a SB...well Eli does...he's done it and he wasnt just "along for the ride" he was a HUGE portion of why we won both SB's

so am I angry at the giants performance...yeah a little, but the persons responsible for this **** (in my opinion) are the same people that I've been angry at for 5-6+ years even while we were winning SB's...Gilbride sucks has always sucked and Eli just isn't bailing him out this year.
      You're angry at KG and JR but not at the player who's had more turnovers than any TEAM in the league.

What does this tell you about yourself? Might as well call you Daven420.

Comment

From my perspective I place more of the blame on Gilbride and Reese then anyone else...I've been angry at Gilbride since he started coaching here...he's been terrible for his entire career here in my opinion, Reese had some unbelievable drafts early and then became god around here (In Reese we trust?) I never was "that" high on him although I can't deny those early drafts his last few he's just ignored our O-line and some other weaknesses that should have been addressed.

on Eli, I'm not mad at Eli...Eli throws int's always has, he tries to do too much but that said there is still no other QB I'd rather have in a clutch situation, when he is on he is money and those Int's are TD's instead and he can single handedly win games for us...he has 2 SB MVP's and I don't know if you know or not but the way most teams rate QB's nowadays is whether they have the ability to take a team to and win a SB...well Eli does...he's done it and he wasnt just "along for the ride" he was a HUGE portion of why we won both SB's

so am I angry at the giants performance...yeah a little, but the persons responsible for this **** (in my opinion) are the same people that I've been angry at for 5-6+ years even while we were winning SB's...Gilbride sucks has always sucked and Eli just isn't bailing him out this year.
        Here's what worries me. Eli hasn't been clutch this year. What if he's lost it? A non clutch Eli is pretty pedestrian. A non clutch Eli is NOT worth 20 million salary cap space.
        http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
        http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
        http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Well said....

Who were they rumoring a possible OC replacement last week? i forget...
          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Well said....

Who were they rumoring a possible OC replacement last week? i forget...
            And another thing about TC staying. If he does....even if they convince him to fire both coordinators, we can only draw from position coaches and no current coordinators.

Comment

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
              I don't put much stock in what's being said in public - especially from Eli. It's the same canned answer every time. But for me, what makes it worse is that he's a stone. The dude has no emotion. Our team is lost. We have no identity. We used to have that when Eli was Eli. We knew that if the game was close, we had Mr. Clutch to help save it for us. We had big play ability. We lost all of that. We need someone to step up and take the reigns. It would be nice if Eli actually did something in that regard for once. When you lead by example, and you're not performing, what do you have? Nothing.

As outsiders, all we can do is speculate. Is he a leader? Is he not a leader? I don't know. But what is fact is that if we're to turn this thing around, it begins with Eli. If he's going to lead by example, play freaking better. If you're not going to play better, find some other way to contribute. Pretty much everyone has had something to say about this team - whether it's now white noise or not. Tuck, Rolle, hell even Beason. Eli hasn't said a damn word outside of what is politically correct.

I'm not saying he's not a leader. But I hope he's doing something behind the scenes.
              There was one presser this week where Eli look very frustrated and emotional. Ill see if I can find it. But really, Eli's personality and leadership skills are never called into question when were winning.
              Tuck and Rolle talk more bull**** than the women on the View. Every week Rolle says we need to get mean or some crap. Then the first play they get gashed for hes the first one to slap the opposing player helmet or butt like hes on our ****ing team. THAT, pisses me off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                And another thing about TC staying. If he does....even if they convince him to fire both coordinators, we can only draw from position coaches and no current coordinators.
                All coordinators were position coaches at some time....

Comment

Do you honestly think TC is going to fire both coordinators. As I said, he had to be threatened by Mr. Mara just to fire Bill Sheridan.
                  The only way we will get new coordinators is by getting a new HC.
                  WELL.....if that's what it comes down to, sounds like TC has to make a decision....if it takes ownership threatening HIS job to make the right decision, so be it. if Mara said "Listen, we want you to stay, but coordinators are gone. what say you?" I'd hope Coughlin is smart enough to realize that by walking away(or accepting being fired), it would tarnish his image a lot as somoene who wouldn't change. I'm not sure how he'd take it...but...he's gotta realize this isn't working lol
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

well, i know there were talks of Spags at DC again...but who knows...
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

well, i know there were talks of Spags at DC again...but who knows...
                      It might sound crazy, but I wouldn't mind this. I'm living in the past, but anytime you can make it work with Michael Johnson, Kevin Butler, Dockery, an old Sammy Knight, Danny Clark, No Strahan, No Osi (I think), and whoever the heck was playing weakside, you might do ok.
                      http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                      http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Comment

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                        It might sound crazy, but I wouldn't mind this. I'm living in the past, but anytime you can make it work with Michael Johnson, Kevin Butler, Dockery, an old Sammy Knight, Danny Clark, No Strahan, No Osi (I think), and whoever the heck was playing weakside, you might do ok.
                        He should of never left.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                          There was one presser this week where Eli look very frustrated and emotional. Ill see if I can find it. But really, Eli's personality and leadership skills are never called into question when were winning.
                          Tuck and Rolle talk more bull**** than the women on the View. Every week Rolle says we need to get mean or some crap. Then the first play they get gashed for hes the first one to slap the opposing player helmet or butt like hes on our ****ing team. THAT, pisses me off.
                          That made me feel better actually. Winning cures everything.

Comment

He should of never left.
                            I know WHY he did....but, i bet he kicks himself in the *** in retrospect.
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Michael Strahan: The Football Life is on NFL network tonight

Comment

Michael Strahan: The Football Life is on NFL network tonight
                                I dont even know if my new place has NFLN....is that bad? lol
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Working...
                                X