This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    You're angry at KG and JR but not at the player who's had more turnovers than any TEAM in the league.
    I'm angry at the people who put Eli in the position to fail, isn't it the coaches job to put players and the team in a position to win? KG and JR put Eli and this Giants team in a position to fail...Eli is trying to keep that from happening...whenever Eli presses and tries to do too much Int's happen.

Eli's increased Int's this year are a direct result of JR not getting quality talent and Gilbrides obsession with a terrible terrible offensive scheme, Eli's been able to bail out Gilbride in the past but without a offensive line to start this season without a defense capable of keeping it close Eli can't do it alone this year...he's trying to, he's pressing..and that's why he's throwing ints and yes...that makes it worse...but he's only doing what he's doing because of the position he's been put in by his coaches.

Comment

• Originally posted by DavenIII View Post
      I'm angry at the people who put Eli in the position to fail, isn't it the coaches job to put players and the team in a position to win? KG and JR put Eli and this Giants team in a position to fail...Eli is trying to keep that from happening...whenever Eli presses and tries to do too much Int's happen.

Eli's increased Int's this year are a direct result of JR not getting quality talent and Gilbrides obsession with a terrible terrible offensive scheme, Eli's been able to bail out Gilbride in the past but without a offensive line to start this season without a defense capable of keeping it close Eli can't do it alone this year...he's trying to, he's pressing..and that's why he's throwing ints and yes...that makes it worse...but he's only doing what he's doing because of the position he's been put in by his coaches.
      *cough* this...
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Giants are looking at Hillis and Ware. Pizzles boy might be back!

Comment

• Originally posted by DavenIII View Post

Shouldn't this post be in red?

I mean it has to be a joke. "Put Eli in a position to fail"????
          He has one of the best WR corps in the league. he has a system designed and refined over the past almost 10 years around what Eli does well.
          Yes he has a bad O line, but in the past two games the O line has protected well and he's thrown 6 picks. 6 FRIGGIN PICKS IN 2 GAMES!!!!!

I am going to assume that I can put you on the "its never Eli's fault" list along with 420 and Dark Saint.
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• So when the Giants win, its a "team effort" but when they lose its Elis fault.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
              So when the Giants win, its a "team effort" but when they lose its Elis fault.
              No.
              When the Giants win its a team effort. When we lose no one player is ever to blame.
              I'm not saying Eli is solely responsible for our 0-6 start, but he certainly is part of the problem.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Giants are looking at Hillis and Ware. Pizzles boy might be back!
                lol...

considering what we have at the moment, i'm tempted to say Ware is a better option than Hillis....but I'd take right now just to get some RBs on the active roster lol
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• I don't know why, but watching Ben week in and week out do well and watching Eli stink, is really getting on my nerves.
                  http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                  http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                  http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                    No.
                    When the Giants win its a team effort. When we lose no one player is ever to blame.
                    I'm not saying Eli is solely responsible for our 0-6 start, but he certainly is part of the problem.
                    So why are you so fixated on Eli?
                    I picture you typing away on your laptop throwing darts at a dart board with Elis face on it.

Comment

• Six of Eli's 15 interceptions were headed for Rueben Randle. Second-fave target on INTs is Nicks (3), then Cruz (2)

Comment

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                        I don't know why, but watching Ben week in and week out do well and watching Eli stink, is really getting on my nerves.
                        Ben who? Roethlisberger?? Why is this like the 5th time I've seen him come up today?

The Steelers arent exactly sitting pretty or anything...
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Six of Eli's 15 interceptions were headed for Rueben Randle. Second-fave target on INTs is Nicks (3), then Cruz (2)
                          Yea I just read that too...

But I'm sure it's just because Eli only makes his mistakes to the younger WRs, or because he hates Randle, right? -___-
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                            Ben who? Roethlisberger?? Why is this like the 5th time I've seen him come up today?

The Steelers arent exactly sitting pretty or anything...
                            Haha. Because I'm the one bringing him up. And actually you have a good point. Maybe why I'm so annoyed is because I realize that as bad as the Steelers are, I know that Ben is part of their solution. It's looking up. Eli on the other hand, we have no idea what we're going to get out of him. This offseason we're going to do everything in our power to make one last run and surround Eli with the proper tools to win and we have no idea if Eli will poop the bed or not.

We need change. New OC everything.
                            http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                            http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Comment

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                              Haha. Because I'm the one bringing him up. And actually you have a good point. Maybe why I'm so annoyed is because I realize that as bad as the Steelers are, I know that Ben is part of their solution. It's looking up. Eli on the other hand, we have no idea what we're going to get out of him. This offseason we're going to do everything in our power to make one last run and surround Eli with the proper tools to win and we have no idea if Eli will poop the bed or not.

We need change. New OC everything.
                              idk man...Eli is our guy...it's not changing for awhile. He's always healthy, and is a proven winner. We have to accept that we were let down this season and not given the right personnel to win. I guess the coaching staff could be included in that statement also. Maybe they got too comfortable. Reese too.
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                                idk man...Eli is our guy...it's not changing for awhile. He's always healthy, and is a proven winner. We have to accept that we were let down this season and not given the right personnel to win. I guess the coaching staff could be included in that statement also. Maybe they got too comfortable. Reese too.
                                I think that the front office was aiming toward the Colts model when Peyton was around. Book End DEs and a high octane offense. We got 1 SB out of it (2007 doesn't count as that was before Eli's big contract and before we had to worry about salary cap) so I guess it was a success. The issue is that we have a poor man's version of what the Colts had. Our DEs aren't as good and Eli isn't Peyton. When Peyton went down the Colts were 2-14. Eli stinks up the join and we're 0-6.

Comment

Working...
                                X