Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't "need" a Running Back but I'd give you Vincent Jackson for him anyhow and start Rice over Trent Richardson probably.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moke View Post
      I saw a lot of short passing plays, I liked it
      Someone was saying something about how Hillis was involved in the passing game more than any other RB on the Giants in recent memory. Sure looked like it.
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
        Someone was saying something about how Hillis was involved in the passing game more than any other RB on the Giants in recent memory. Sure looked like it.
        Hope they incorporate Brown in the passing game the same way. It really opens things up.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
          Took them awhile to figure it out

Comment

We used to do it with Tiki all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
              We used to do it with Tiki all the time.
              Took awhile after Tiki

Comment

• Actually Eli does try to check down to the RB a lot, only most of the time hes in the middle of being brought down and gives a limp wristed effort. or theres a lineman/linebacker right on top of the rb

Comment

• But that looks like last resort type of thing, not like an intentional play-call.

Comment

• Who do we get rid of, Hillis, BJ, or Cox?

Id say Cox

Comment

• BJ

Comment

Actually Eli does try to check down to the RB a lot, only most of the time hes in the middle of being brought down and gives a limp wristed effort. or theres a lineman/linebacker right on top of the rb
                        Eli is SO bad at short passes lol. over the head, behind the reciever, behind the back of him....just so bad lol
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Who do we get rid of, Hillis, BJ, or Cox?

Id say Cox
                          BJ looks like the liability at the moment. Injured hammy, and he's the SAME kind of player as Hillis. Downhill runner who needs 2 yards to start.

Then again, I have no attachment to Cox....and I love Jacobs lol....
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Being a good pass catching RB is a bit of an art. And its an art that Hillis is good at. Its about knowing how to sell to the defense that you're staying in to block and then having great timing on exactly when to release.
                            Tiki was great at it. The rest of our backs have sucked for years at it. That's partially why screens don't work well in our offense.
                            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• I'd stick with Cox, only because I actually liked him when we saw him. O-line was playing bad, still are in some cases...BJ is more of a liability and Hillis is showing he can be more effective. Kind of the same player it seems like.

Comment

• Cox looks slow to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X