This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
    Defense didn't play bad yesterday..the last drive was obviously disappointing but we definitely had opportunities to score earlier in that game.

We just continually leave 4 points off the board. We have a better chance of scoring from the 35 than the 3 yard line.

Goddamn field goals.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
      We just continually leave 4 points off the board. We have a better chance of scoring from the 35 than the 3 yard line.

Goddamn field goals.....
      Isn't it so damn annoying?

Why is this team so backwards?
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Defense didn't play bad yesterday..the last drive was obviously disappointing but we definitely had opportunities to score earlier in that game.
        essentially the same story as all season.

One thing that REALLY pissed me off was we ran SO well...and on that one drive, we're in the red zone, and KG decides to run it on 3rd and long from almost 20 yards out? wtf!?!?! are you kidding?!?!
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

One thing that REALLY pissed me off was we ran SO well...and on that one drive, we're in the red zone, and KG decides to run it on 3rd and long from almost 20 yards out? wtf!?!?! are you kidding?!?!
          Either Eli or KG,

I don't even care, it was a stupid *** play. Everyone ****ing booed at once after that ****. That's the kind of crap that gets me so angry.
          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Either Eli or KG,

I don't even care, it was a stupid *** play. Everyone ****ing booed at once after that ****. That's the kind of crap that gets me so angry.
            like...listen, im no QB or offensive coordinator....but i know that if I see something that would make me chang a play....and i Have to "run" i'd probably run play action in the red zone, not run it up the middle for 2 yards when we need 20.
            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
              he hates the defense no matter what.
              Why?

Because they get in the way (in his little world) of Eli achieving his deserved greatness.
              I said they played well until the end.
              Did they not?

And your world its always Elis and Toms fault.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

The shotgun draw pissed me off. We should of ran it 3, 4 times in a row that close.

Comment

• Francesa believes there is more to the Nicks situation then anyone is leading on, because he says there is no way Nicks doesn't suit up for that game yesterday, with an injury or not given how important the game was to the Giants.

Comment

Isn't it so damn annoying?

Why is this team so backwards?
                    jesus how long have they been bad in the red zone ? have you seen any changes made to improve the red zone problems ? Is the problem all on the players....hell are the problems of this team all on the players? I think there is a clear answer but thats me....If nothing chances I'll go into next yet again wondering "what we gonna get this year" its a bad feeling.....something has to ****ing change ! is everybody blind

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                      jesus how long have they been bad in the red zone ? have you seen any changes made to improve the red zone problems ? Is the problem all on the players....hell are the problems of this team all on the players? I think there is a clear answer but thats me....If nothing chances I'll go into next yet again wondering "what we gonna get this year" its a bad feeling.....something has to ****ing change ! is everybody blind
                      Scoring in the red zone, especially in the passing game, has a lot to do with players winning their matchups in the end zone. Its about being physical.
                      Its also about having a QB who trusts that a player will win those battles and come down with the ball.

We have none of those kinds of players.

Used to with Plaxico and Shockey.
                      Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                        Its also about having a QB who trusts that a player will win those battles and come down with the ball.

We have none of those kinds of players.

Used to with Plaxico and Shockey.
                        Do you really believe your own bull****? We have Cruz, Nicks (granted Nicks was out yesterday) and Randle. Id rather have Cruz and Nicks over Plax and Shockey in the redzone any day of the week.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                          Do you really believe your own bull****? We have Cruz, Nicks (granted Nicks was out yesterday) and Randle. Id rather have Cruz and Nicks over Plax and Shockey in the redzone any day of the week.
                          These are not physical players who can battle for the ball and win consistently. Those guys are much more effective between the 20's.

Nicks may have a little of that but when Eli had Shockey in the endzone one on one he knew he would battle for position and make the play.
                          It takes being bigger, stronger and more determined than the defender.

And our red zone play was a hell of a lot better with Plaxico and Shockey. I'm not saying one is better. I'm talking about red zone play and those individual battles you have to win.
                          Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Now the million dollar is question is next year with potentially 30+ million of cap space, aside from the oline, which side of the ball do we go? Offense or defense. Is the Eli of old going to show up? Or are we doing to approach it that he's over the hill and now is a 20 million dollar game manager.
                            http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                            http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                            http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                              Now the million dollar is question is next year with potentially 30+ million of cap space, aside from the oline, which side of the ball do we go? Offense or defense. Is the Eli of old going to show up? Or are we doing to approach it that he's over the hill and now is a 20 million dollar game manager.
                              in regards to what? Free agency? or drafting? I dont really thinkg much of the cap space goes towards rookies. I mean....granted, we will probably end up with a mid round pick, early-mid teens...but even then it doesnt require a monster contract.

There are needs that need to be addressed on both sides of the ball. If i were to guess, we'd probably draft O-line 1st round again, and WR 2nd if we dont have Nicks. OR a CB. I also would assume we'd draft maybe a Center later on, as well as a LB.
                              However, those mid rounds LBs never seem to work out for us lol
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• What do we do with guys like Tuck and TT? I assumed Tuck would be gone...but he's finally decided to show up to games again, so that's ok. But i still dont think we'd keep him despite a slight resurgence. idk....so many matters to address.
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Working...
                                X