Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Because one of your biggest reasons for Cruz being overpaid, which you've hopefully now reconsidered since you actually took a look at the contract's structure, was Nicks drawing double coverage.

    And like I said before:
    -Every WR benefits from a dominant presence on the other side of the field.
    -Cruz had huge games without Nicks, too.
    -Nicks was not getting many double teams in 2012; he was effectively handled with single coverage, sometimes even by safeties.
    -Despite Nicks' improvements in 2013 with health and statistics, Cruz still regressed, which dampens any sort of causal dependence you may have wished to demonstrate. Furthermore, it goes to show that the premise that Cruz needed a dominant outside receiver to put up his 2012 stat line is false, because, well, Nicks wasn't dominant nor commanding double teams with any regularity in 2012.

    But it's irrelevant now because you've actually seen the numbers and realize that Cruz's deal is actually a 3 year, 18-20 million dollar deal that requires him to play at a very high level in order to see all the money. His contract has been the focal point of the discussion, and its viability has been the crux of my argument.
    No, my biggest reason was I dont think any slot wr is worth that much, but ill fuks with you.
    He had two good games against the Browns and a terrible Eagles secondary without Nicks.
    I disagree that he wasnt being doubled in 2012, and I completely disagree that Nicks had a better 13 than 12.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      No, my biggest reason was I dont think any slot wr is worth that much, but ill fuks with you.
      He had two good games against the Browns and a terrible Eagles secondary without Nicks.
      I disagree that he wasnt being doubled in 2012, and I completely disagree that Nicks had a better 13 than 12.
      I really have no interest in arguing about Nicks.

      How much do you think Cruz deserved? What, as a slot receiver, is he worth?
      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
        I really have no interest in arguing about Nicks.

        How much do you think Cruz deserved? What, as a slot receiver, is he worth?
        I think he's reasonably paid....the guaranteed $ is good for the Giants....and should he hit the bonuses, i think we wont argue the production if we're winning. =]
        Oderint Dum Metuant

        It's too bad, I'm too good....

        Comment


        • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
          I think he's reasonably paid....the guaranteed $ is good for the Giants....and should he hit the bonuses, i think we wont argue the production if we're winning. =]
          Yup, the guaranteed money makes it a very economical deal for us.

          And yeah, if he sees those 7-9 million dollar base salaries in years 3, 4, and 5 -- more power to him.
          My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
            Yup, the guaranteed money makes it a very economical deal for us.

            And yeah, if he sees those 7-9 million dollar base salaries in years 3, 4, and 5 -- more power to him.
            YUUUUUUPPPPP!!!
            Oderint Dum Metuant

            It's too bad, I'm too good....

            Comment


            • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
              YUUUUUUPPPPP!!!
              YUUUUPPPP!!!
              Mood: WOOF!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                YUUUUPPPP!!!
                "DID WE JUST BECOME BEST FRIENDS?!?!"
                Oderint Dum Metuant

                It's too bad, I'm too good....

                Comment


                • Hello all, what's going on?
                  I'm a proud mama...my daughter got an academic scholarship to the HS of our choice, YEAH BABY! Saved me some major $$$

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Laurah1275 View Post
                    Hello all, what's going on?
                    I'm a proud mama...my daughter got an academic scholarship to the HS of our choice, YEAH BABY! Saved me some major $$$
                    noice. congrats yo
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

                    It's too bad, I'm too good....

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Laurah1275 View Post
                      Hello all, what's going on?
                      I'm a proud mama...my daughter got an academic scholarship to the HS of our choice, YEAH BABY! Saved me some major $$$
                      Forgot your daughter went to a private school.
                      Congrats, that's awesome!
                      Mood: WOOF!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Laurah1275 View Post
                        Hello all, what's going on?
                        I'm a proud mama...my daughter got an academic scholarship to the HS of our choice, YEAH BABY! Saved me some major $$$
                        'Gratz.

                        Comment


                        • Did you guys know that Laurah is my biggest fan? I mean, I'm sure you could all tell already. Her and I...we're cool...we're cool...
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

                          It's too bad, I'm too good....

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                            Did you guys know that Laurah is my biggest fan? I mean, I'm sure you could all tell already. Her and I...we're cool...we're cool...
                            ew
                            Mood: WOOF!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                              ew
                              listen, woman.....she can have her fav. chick, you...and her favorite dude, me.....don't hate, aight...
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

                              It's too bad, I'm too good....

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                                listen, woman.....she can have her fav. chick, you...and her favorite dude, me.....don't hate, aight...
                                I don't give a **** about Laurah favoriting me.

                                I thought I was your favorite? I thought I was your first, your last...your everything?
                                Mood: WOOF!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X