This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Doesn't matter how many years he has left after 2014 if we don't re-sign him.

Drafting a QB in the 1st would effectively seal the deal on Eli's future as a Giant. I'm not sure we can make that decision at this point.
    Yea It would be a huge slap in the face to Eli, but MH does have a point. Giants should always be looking towards the future. Draft a young QB and have Eli teach him isnt a bad idea

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      Yea It would be a huge slap in the face to Eli, but MH does have a point. Giants should always be looking towards the future. Draft a young QB and have Eli teach him isnt a bad idea
      The NFL is a cold business. Eli was the 36th best QB last year in a league of 32 teams.
      I promise you...if Tom Brady threw 9 more int's that TD's.....they would be looking to draft another QB.

And he's arguably top 3 all time.
      Why is Eli so untouchable?
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Which is why we are waiting on Nassib.
        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          The NFL is a cold business. Eli was the 36th best QB last year in a league of 32 teams.
          So you don't think Eli will improve, and thus you want to draft Blake Bortles at 12.
          I see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
            So you don't think Eli will improve, and thus you want to draft Blake Bortles at 12.
            I see.
            I think there is a chance that Eli can be serviceable for the next 2 years.
            Sit the kid and have him take over in 2016.

Comment

I think there is a chance that Eli can be serviceable for the next 2 years.
              Sit the kid and have him take over in 2016.
              If you draft him that high, I would play him right away.
              No way I take a QB at 12 with so many more needs on this team to just sit him, along with Nassib.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                Doesn't matter how many years he has left after 2014 if we don't re-sign him.

Drafting a QB in the 1st would effectively seal the deal on Eli's future as a Giant. I'm not sure we can make that decision at this point.
                me either Bill ....the presure is on him to have good year.....as for the draft it will be some big guy

Comment

I promise you...if Tom Brady threw 9 more int's that TD's.....they would be looking to draft another QB.

No way Bill would throw Brady to the curb over one bad season.

Comment

If you draft him that high, I would play him right away.
                    No way I take a QB at 12 with so many more needs on this team to just sit him, along with Nassib.
                    I wouldn't draft Johnny football (although I LOVE the guy), Bridgewater or Carr. But I would draft Bortles. He's a good guy to sit because he's still a tad raw. A year or two sitting would do him good.

May I remind you of the case of a Mr. Aaron Rodgers?

Comment

He's not untouchable, but there's no reason to overreact and assume a QB will be the face of the franchise for 10+ years without definitive proof.

Comment

Which is why we are waiting on Nassib.
                        I know we havnt seen much of him, but I doubt hes the answer.

Comment

No way Bill would throw Brady to the curb over one bad season.
                          "Bad season"?.......Maybe not.

"All time horrific"......like Eli last year?..........Absolutely.

Comment

I wouldn't draft Johnny football (although I LOVE the guy), Bridgewater or Carr. But I would draft Bortles. He's a good guy to sit because he's still a tad raw. A year or two sitting would do him good.

May I remind you of the case of a Mr. Aaron Rodgers?
                            Yes, and not every QB is a Mr. Aaron Rodgers.

Comment

I know we havnt seen much of him, but I doubt hes the answer.
                              I'm not suggesting he's the answer or not the answer.

I'm saying we do not know yet. We need to see if he can progress with a good amount of minutes, and we need to see if Eli improves.
                              It's not fair to start kicking Eli to the curb without seeing any evidence if last season was just an anomaly.

Comment

"Bad season"?.......Maybe not.

"All time horrific"......like Eli last year?..........Absolutely.
                                Again no way in hell. The guys been to the SB 5 times. I think BB would be willing to roll the dice to see if it was just a fluke.

Do you really think we should risk a first rounder on a QB just because of a horrific year from a solid and accomplished veteran QB on a horrific team?

Comment

Working...
                                X