This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
    We've been an oligarchy for the past few decades.
    The conversation just went down hill. I'm out.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Lmao

Comment

• Did anyone see the drum off ? Funniest ever.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...allon-20140523
        1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          Don't underestimate him........you can argue with me if you want but he has a chance to re-invent himself.

He told me that he's already given up on your vote. You seem locked in for Hillary.
          New Yorkers should be ashamed if they voted for a Texan, lmao. But seriously.....yesterday and this morning you said about a person that you don't know about the character of someone, only by what THEY want you to see. Why wouldn't that apply to politicians? 95% of them are scum....and while I consider myself unbiased in respect to economics and foreign policy etc, I definitely lean left when it comes to a large majority of social issues. It's not so much that I'm anti-republican....I'm not....I'm just anti-the kind of people who just happen to be that conservative.(that's a stereotype, i know...i know there are exceptions on both sides...but i dont know how else to explain that.)
          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
            Did anyone see the drum off ? Funniest ever.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...allon-20140523
            I did yea lol....was Quest playing for Ferrell?? It was hard to tell lol
            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
              New Yorkers should be ashamed if they voted for a Texan, lmao. But seriously.....yesterday and this morning you said about a person that you don't know about the character of someone, only by what THEY want you to see. Why wouldn't that apply to politicians? 95% of them are scum....and while I consider myself unbiased in respect to economics and foreign policy etc, I definitely lean left when it comes to a large majority of social issues. It's not so much that I'm anti-republican....I'm not....I'm just anti-the kind of people who just happen to be that conservative.(that's a stereotype, i know...i know there are exceptions on both sides...but i dont know how else to explain that.)
              I really don't care if a politician is honest. I don't care if they are nice people. I don't care if they feel my pain. I don't care if I would want to have a beer with them.

I care that the effect of their presidency is beneficial to the future of our country......PERIOD!
              Last edited by Morehead State; 05-23-2014, 12:01 PM.

Comment

• gotta head to lunch, be back in a bit
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                  I get that, you can't be one sided on every single issue, then you just become a political hack.

I'm an Egyptian immigrant for example and ppl assume that should make me a liberal but that's idiotic. I consider myself a conservative but not on every single issue. I disagree with the death penalty for example. I understand that you'll never find anyone in the world; including politicians, whom you agree with in every issue, hence why you gotta pick the lesser of 2 evils.

My main understanding as someone who works for the government is that governments are baaad, very bad. They're corrupt, they're incompetent, they're wasteful, there inefficient and they're thieves. I'm not a conservative because I want a Big conservative government, but because I want government to decrease in size. Which is particularly, amongst other reasons, why I thought GWB was a terrible president. He spent more than anyone preceeding him, only outspent by Obama.
                  Last edited by egyptian420; 05-23-2014, 12:06 PM.

Comment

I really don't care if a politician is honest. I don't care if they are nice people. I don't care if they feel my pain. I don't care if I would want to have a beer with them.

I care that the effect of their presidency is beneficial to the future of our country......PERIOD!
                    +10000

Comment

• VERMIN SUPREME 2016.
                      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
                        I get that, you can't be one sided on every single issue, then you just become a political hack.

I'm an Egyptian immigrant for example and ppl assume that should make me a liberal but that's idiotic. I consider myself a conservative but not on every single issue. I disagree with the death penalty for example. I understand that you'll never find anyone in the world; including politicians, whom you agree with in every issue, hence why you gotta pick the lesser of 2 evils.

My main understanding as someone who works for the government is that governments are baaad, very bad. They're corrupt, they're incompetent, they're wasteful, there inefficient and they're thieves. I'm not a conservative because I want a Big conservative government, but because I want government to decrease in size. Which is particularly, amongst other reasons, I thought GWB was a terrible president. He spent more than anyone preceeding him, only outspent by Obama.
                        W.'s Medicare part D was a horrific piece of legislation. No way to pay for it either.

W was a huge spender as you say. Not to mention the Iraq war which made no sense at all since we had Saddam bottled up with our no fly zones.
                        I liked W in general. But I didn't think he was a good president at all.

Comment

W.'s Medicare part D was a horrific piece of legislation. No way to pay for it either.

W was a huge spender as you say. Not to mention the Iraq war which made no sense at all since we had Saddam bottled up with our no fly zones.
                          Iraq was the biggest blunder. While Saddam was not a Jeffersonian character by any stretch of the imagination, he had that country under control. Now without an authoritarian like him in power you got Sunni Muslims killing Shiites and Christians and beheading people on video.

Same thing with the fools in DC who want to arm the terrorist "rebels" in Syria. If these savages take down Al Assad they will take control of the country and kill anyone who isn't a savage barbarian.

In the middle east we Need a military dictator and people in the US just can't accept that. It's an uncivilized society that needs an iron fist. Thank god in Egypt our military regained control after those barbaric Muslim brotherhood folks took over (with approval from Washington of course)
                          Last edited by egyptian420; 05-23-2014, 12:19 PM.

Comment

After 9/11 we were trigger happy, looking for payback against anyone who supported the Jihadist, which Saddam did do.
                            You have to ask yourself, what would the world look like if we never invaded? Very good chance Saddam and Iran would be in the middle of a mini cold war, both seeking WMD. Iraq now has a functioning government, which polls show the majority of the Iraqis prefer. Yea, there were no WMD to be found, but nobody talks about the 500 tons of yellowcake found. They were trying to produce them.
                            The world is a much better place without Saddam, I dont consider Iraq a blunder at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                              After 9/11 we were trigger happy, looking for payback against anyone who supported the Jihadist, which Saddam did do.
                              You have to ask yourself, what would the world look like if we never invaded? Very good chance Saddam and Iran would be in the middle of a mini cold war, both seeking WMD. Iraq now has a functioning government, which polls show the majority of the Iraqis prefer. Yea, there were no WMD to be found, but nobody talks about the 500 tons of yellowcake found. They were trying to produce them.
                              The world is a much better place without Saddam, I dont consider Iraq a blunder at all.
                              Saddam was a convenient counter to Iran. Now Iran (who is a much greater enemy that Iraq was) is much more powerful by being able to fill the power vacuum in Iraq.
                              Our war in Iraq destabilized the region. It had the exact opposite effect they had envisioned.

It was a HUGE blunder. Not to mention 4000 lost American lives.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                                Iraq has a functioning government? Oh boy...

You ever heard of ISIL (Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant)? These guys are making the Iraqi government and army look like a joke.

If you have a tough stomach watch their videos of brutal executions on Shiites and army officials. They basically run the country. It's one of the most dangerous places on the planet. I guarantee you before the end of today there will be a bombing that kills 20+ people in Iraq. That place is MUCH worse off without Saddam.

Comment

Working...
                                X