X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    He's an economics professor.
    "That faith in God, as recognized by our Founding Fathers is essential to the moral fiber of the Nation" -Dave Brat

our founding fathers insisted that religion have no place in this government because it blurs judgement. people like this are not to be trusted. I can't do it.

I'm not impressed that he's a professor, sorry. They let anyone teach these days.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

When in fact it is you who will pay for my SS. I paid for other retirees and the rest of my SS taxes went to defense, social programs etc.....

Another Democrat lie......sorry.
      nah I know how it all works, we've had this discussion before anyway. One thing the republicans have right(well maybe...I cant say for sure since I dont know how it'd work) is the privatization of SS. I've been working for 15 years, and have obviously paid a huge chunk of money into a fund that I may never see. If they vouched SS and let us put it into an IRA. Yes please, and thank you.
      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
        "That faith in God, as recognized by our Founding Fathers is essential to the moral fiber of the Nation" -Dave Brat

our founding fathers insisted that religion have no place in this government because it blurs judgement. people like this are not to be trusted. I can't do it.

I'm not impressed that he's a professor, sorry. They let anyone teach these days.
        I'm sorry...I'm not sure what you are saying.
        All politicians need to be athiests?

Obama talked about his religion all the time when he ran the first time for president.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

nah I know how it all works, we've had this discussion before anyway. One thing the republicans have right(well maybe...I cant say for sure since I dont know how it'd work) is the privatization of SS. I've been working for 15 years, and have obviously paid a huge chunk of money into a fund that I may never see. If they vouched SS and let us put it into an IRA. Yes please, and thank you.
          Yet you will probably vote for your own demise the next election anyway.
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Actually I'd be all in for that because I already have a 401k...if I could get insured IRAs for no risk, and continue to use my 401k for higher risk, I'd be set for retirement when you throw my pension into that. BUT, as it stands right now, I'm going to likely be a poor old man, only having access to my 401k and my pension if this continues.

Also....sad that my only notable portfolio growth is international funds.
            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

I'm sorry...I'm not sure what you are saying.
              All politicians need to be athiests?

Obama talked about his religion all the time when he ran the first time for president.
              Well cmon now buddy, this isn't a perfect world, but yes, that'd be perfect.

Of course he did. How do you think he got the 2008 replublican votes?!
              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Youre wrong, This country was formed upon Judeo-Christian principles.

Comment

Yet you will probably vote for your own demise the next election anyway.
                  This country makes it extremely difficult to vote.....if the replublicans ever nominated someone soft spoken and didnt make me CRINGE when they talk, I'd consider it. But seems like they choose(buy) the same money hungry billionaires every election, who give zero ****s about anyone who isnt also a money hungry billionaire, and whos economic stances are so ridiculously vague(or non-existent), that I'm sure I could write a better speech with no economics background since freshman year of college. And I've made my social views fairly public, which most of you have written off as something people shouldnt care about, so no...I don't see myself ever voting republican because the only thing I have in common with these people unfortunately is the color of my skin.
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• The Freemasons also had a large part.

Comment

• SS is a ponzi scheme as Milton Friedman; possibly the greatest economist of our time, pointed out. The people paying into it are paying those who previously payed into it and the hope is the next generation will pay them.

Eventually there won't be enough people working and paying into it to supply those who previously payed into it.
                      You either will have to jack up the rate big time, or delay the age of when people receive it since people are living longer.... Both issues are extremely problematic.

This system will undoubtedly collapse like all ponzi schemes do.

Comment

This country makes it extremely difficult to vote.....if the replublicans ever nominated someone soft spoken and didnt make me CRINGE when they talk, I'd consider it. But seems like they choose(buy) the same money hungry billionaires every election, who give zero ****s about anyone who isnt also a money hungry billionaire, and whos economic stances are so ridiculously vague(or non-existent), that I'm sure I could write a better speech with no economics background since freshman year of college. And I've made my social views fairly public, which most of you have written off as something people shouldnt care about, so no...I don't see myself ever voting republican because the only thing I have in common with these people unfortunately is the color of my skin.
                        What do you think about Rand Paul?

Comment

Again Pizz, theres not one member of Congress that is a billionaire.
                          Please, tell us, what are the Dems economic secrets because everything has been going so swimmingly for the last 6 years.....
                          And get the hell out of here with that race garbage. Republicans have done more for minorities in this country over the years than the Dems can ever dream of.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                            Shouldn't freedom of religion include freedom from religion?

Comment

FUUUUUCK i just had this whole reponse written out and then accidentally closed my browser.

basically: no, youre wrong. 100%. All historical record points the opposite direct. the individuals regarded as our "founding fathers" were outspoken about religion being involved in the daily functions of the government and the country in general. youre free to practice whatever youd like, but nobody is going to force it upon you.
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Again Pizz, theres not one member of Congress that is a billionaire.
                                Please, tell us, what are the Dems economic secrets because everything has been going so swimmingly for the last 6 years.....
                                And get the hell out of here with that race garbage. Republicans have done more for minorities in this country over the years than the Dems can ever dream of.
                                who brought up race?!? All i said was im a white guy lol
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Working...
                                X