This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    I just dont like outlandish statements with out any facts to back them up. Like "Tiki saving TCs job in 06" after going 11-6.
    Try 8-9.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      Try 8-9.
      Forgive me. I always switch 05 -06

you still have zero facts to back up that statement.

Comment

• Tiki was in an episode of Orange is the New Black, this season......for like 10 seconds....
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Forgive me. I always switch 05 -06

you still have zero facts to back up that statement.
          I can't know what Mr. Mara would have done. There were certainly plenty of reports that TC was on the hot seat with the second half collapse.
          If we had lost to Washington we would have been 7-9 and been 1-7 in our last 8 games.
          Tiki's 230 yards and 3 TD's in that game pretty much saved that season.

So..do I KNOW he would have been fired? No I don't.
          Do I think there was a decent chance?....Yes I do.
          Don't forget...this was before the SB. TC would have had a mediocre, 3 year run with that loss. He would have had a losing record actually with no playoff wins and only one 23-0 shutout on his playoff record.

We look at it now with 2 SB's. That's not the way it was then. Folks wanted him out at that point.

Remember "Asian Giant for HC"?

Comment

I can't know what Mr. Mara would have done. There were certainly plenty of reports that TC was on the hot seat with the second half collapse.
            If we had lost to Washington we would have been 7-9 and been 1-7 in our last 8 games.

Don't forget...this was before the SB. TC would have had a mediocre, 3 year run with that loss. He would have had a losing record actually with no playoff wins and only one 23-0 shutout on his playoff record.

We look at it now with 2 SB's. That's not the way it was then. Folks wanted him out at that point.

Coughlin has been on the hot seat like every season I remember except '08.....the terms "hot seat" and "saved the season".....they are all bull**** media terms. It means nothing. always. Who cares about that stuff.
            Last I checked...guess who our coach is??
            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
              Coughlin has been on the hot seat like every season I remember except '08.....the terms "hot seat" and "saved the season".....they are all bull**** media terms. It means nothing. always. Who cares about that stuff.
              Last I checked...guess who our coach is??
              Alex Webster?

Comment

Alex Webster?
                Esssaaakkly......wait what
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

yaaawn. Dont you get tired arguing with yourself?
                  I'll let you in on a secret Dez.

I really don't think Eli sucks.

Only simple minded folks believe that I do.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                    Esssaaakkly......wait what
                    Bill Arnsbarger?

Comment

We lost to the Eagles 23-20 in the playoffs that year. First time in almost 15years Giants made the playoffs back to back seasons. He wasnt going any where.

Comment

I'll let you in on a secret Dez.

I really don't think Eli sucks.

Only simple minded folks believe that I do.
                        You have personal vendettas against TC and Eli.

Comment

We lost to the Eagles 23-20 in the playoffs that year. First time in almost 15years Giants made the playoffs back to back seasons. He wasnt going any where.
                          I am paying you respect when I say that you aren't this dumb.

Think about what you just wrote.

Comment

You have personal vendettas against TC and Eli.
                            I have nothing against Eli at all. Seems like a nice young man and we won 2 SB's with him as our QB. Probably my third favorite QB in Giants history.

Just can't stand the Cultists who consider Eli worship the one true religion.

Comment

I have nothing against Eli at all. Seems like a nice young man and we won 2 SB's with him as our QB. Probably my third favorite QB in Giants history.

Just can't stand the Cultists who consider Eli worship the one true religion.
                              Behind Phil and Tommy Maddox?

Comment

I am paying you respect when I say that you aren't this dumb.

Think about what you just wrote.
                                Theres nothing dumb about. Youre just incapable of grasping reality.
                                Why would you fire a coach who leads them to the playoffs two years in a row?

Comment

Working...
                                X