• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
    came on a night where Yastrzemski's former team got destroyed by Toronto
    Blow me.

And Yaz had 400+ hr's.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

came on a night where Yastrzemski's former team got destroyed by Toronto
      You're not kidding... 14-1....I dont even watch baseball but that doesn't look right

Comment

• Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
        You're not kidding... 14-1....I dont even watch baseball but that doesn't look right
        Hey....We beat them 14-1 last week.
        I don't remember Yankee fans praising the Sox.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          Blow me.

And Yaz had 400+ hr's.
          in only 22 seasons!!
          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Blow me.

And Yaz had 400+ hr's.
            different types of players.

Comment

in only 22 seasons!!
              You do of course know that Jeter is in his 20th season...right?

Yaz won the triple crown in 1967. The guy was not only a great hitter, he was also a great power hitter and did it as a lefty at Fenway with the deepest right field in baseball.

Comment

The number that matters is 10 1/2, cause thats how many games behind they were last time I checked.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                  The number that matters is 10 1/2, cause thats how many games behind they were last time I checked.
                  It's a bad season. As I said...they get a pass after last season, especially after the bombing.

Comment

Yupp.... And we're in 2nd place in the division just one game behind Baltimore. Maybe it's not too late for me to jump on the Jays bandwagon.

Comment

Yupp.... And we're in 2nd place in the division just one game behind Baltimore. Maybe it's not too late for me to jump on the Jays bandwagon.
                      The Jays blow.

Plus...your Canadian math is a tad off. They are 2 1/2 games back and 4 in the loss column.

Comment

The Jays blow.

Plus...your Canadian math is a tad off. They are 2 1/2 games back and 4 in the loss column.
                        The Jays dont blow.... But my math sure does

Comment

You do of course know that Jeter is in his 20th season...right?

Yaz won the triple crown in 1967. The guy was not only a great hitter, he was also a great power hitter and did it as a lefty at Fenway with the deepest right field in baseball.
                          19th full season..... (or 18th if you wanna leave out the fact that he played 17 games last year)

and im not disrespecting the HOFs, i'm just saying it's not even close to the same thing
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Lol what a coincidence, I get off the bus and the first thing I see

Comment

19th full season..... (or 18th if you wanna leave out the fact that he played 17 games last year)

and im not disrespecting the HOFs, i'm just saying it's not even close to the same thing
                              I like Jeter. I HATED the fact that he actually participated in that "respect" thing. If others want to do it that's fine but the fact that he participated was a bit self involved for me.
                              Putting that aside...you can't compare hit totals between players when one was a pure power hitter and the other was a singles and doubles hitter.

Outstanding player...no doubt. But "passing guys on the hit list" really doesn't mean that much. Kind of like the stupidity of TC focusing on 70% completion %.

The greatest hitter of all time was Ted Williams and he's not in the top 7 in hits. I've never been a fan of "accumulating" stats.

Comment

Hell be better in press.
                                Meh. He's just not a good cover guy. He never was.

Comment

Working...
                                X