Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lool love how you both missed my last (and perhaps most important) paragraph.

But yea, this isn't just Obama. The US funded, armed, and gave assistance to the Taliban and Bin Laden back in the 80s against the Soviets.

Thinking the enemy of your enemy is your friend is bad policy.

Comment

• Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
      Lool love how you both missed my last (and perhaps most important) paragraph.

But yea, this isn't just Obama. The US funded, armed, and gave assistance to the Taliban and Bin Laden back in the 80s against the Soviets.

The situation were in now, in Iraq, is because Obama didnt listen to his generals. Period.

Imo wed be in worse shape if Saddam was still around. Isis probably wouldnt be running northern Iraq right now but Iraq would either have a nuke by now, or very close to completing one, and right next door is Iran. Sure they both hate eachother but they both hate us more. Not far fetched at all to think they could sell a warhead to some terrorist.

Were in for a fight either way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
        This isn't something that's atypical to just this administration. We have a history of funding groups that meet our short term goals without looking at the long view. See Bin Laden and the countless dictatorships we've sponsored in S.America. I'm not condoning any of it, but only trying to strip away that this is a partisan thing or something that is unique to this particular administration.

Missed your last line. Agreed. Trade off on mess for another.
        You dont realize when we dont support these dictators, groups like Isis pops up. Its the lesser of two evils.

Bin Ladin wasnt a dictator.

Comment

• These people are pure evil

http://cnsnews.com/mrctv-blog/barbar...tian-holocaust

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
            The situation were in now, in Iraq, is because Obama didnt listen to his generals. Period.

Imo wed be in worse shape if Saddam was still around. Isis probably wouldnt be running northern Iraq right now but Iraq would either have a nuke by now, or very close to completing one, and right next door is Iran. Sure they both hate eachother but they both hate us more. Not far fetched at all to think they could sell a warhead to some terrorist.

Were in for a fight either way.
            Believe me, Saddam was a ruthless dictator there's no denying that, but he kept his country stable for the most part. Their Dinar was worth more than the American dollar at one point. He kept Christians safe and they all supported him unequivocally.

Thinking he was going to get a nuke is pure speculation and it's what led to the invasion. No one knows for sure what would've happened other than I'm 100% certain if he was alive there wouldn't be terrorists all over Iraq cutting off the heads of Shiites and Christians on camera.
            Last edited by egyptian420; 08-08-2014, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Bro, there's a website that documents all these videos. I've basically seen every single execution videotaped in the middle east since 2001.

By now I've become so desensitized I could literally eat while watching it but I still feel terrible for every single victim of these evil subhuman detestable savage barbarians. I've seen them execute people with gunshots, slow stabbings, beheadings, setting people on fire, electrocution..... It's sick, it's pure evil. They need to be wiped off the face of the Earth.

Comment

• anyone doing anything good this weekend?

Comment

You dont realize when we dont support these dictators, groups like Isis pops up. Its the lesser of two evils.

Bin Ladin wasnt a dictator.
                  I didn't say he was. I said we support groups to support our short term goals without looking at what the long game looks like. Bin Laden and the Mujahedin was one example, S. American dictators was another.

Both show a lack of strageic long term planning.

Comment

anyone doing anything good this weekend?
                    Going on vacation on Sunday. Hitting the Finger Lakes to go on some winery tours for a few days.

Comment

Believe me, Saddam was a ruthless dictator there's no denying that, but he kept his country stable for the most part. Their Dinar was worth more than the American dollar at one point. He kept Christians safe and they all supported him unequivocally.

Thinking he was going to get a nuke is pure speculation and it's what led to the invasion. No one knows for sure what would've happened other than I'm 100% certain if he was alive there wouldn't be terrorists all over Iraq cutting off the heads of Shiites and Christians on camera.
                      Bush went in there with a bush league plan. It didn't seem like he really had much of a plan other than, "Let's get Saddam." He said it wasn't a nation building exercize, and as such, all it did was destabilize an area that was teetering even under Saddam's control.

Comment

Lool love how you both missed my last (and perhaps most important) paragraph.

Only in the rarest of times is it remotely reasonable to think that (WWII was a good example of when sometimes it's necessary).

And yeah, when I'm work I tend not to read as carefully as I should, lol. But, at least I amended and admitted it, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
                          Only in the rarest of times is it remotely reasonable to think that (WWII was a good example of when sometimes it's necessary).

And yeah, when I'm work I tend not to read as carefully as I should, lol. But, at least I amended and admitted it, lol.
                          Lol you did and I applaud you for it.... And yea in WW2 working with Stalin was crucial

Comment

Lol you did and I applaud you for it.... And yea in WW2 working with Stalin was crucial
                            And immediately after the war Gen Patton wanted to go after Russia because he knew they would be the next threat, and they were weak, they suffered massive losses trying to take Berlin. Man was a genius. Crazy, but a genius.
                            He was then killed in a "car accident"

Comment

Unfortunately we gave him too much at the end. If we had only known that Japan would fold like a wet napkin after Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Comment

anyone doing anything good this weekend?

I will be at Yankee Stadium on both Saturday and Sunday. I hope to see Derek Jeter take sole possession of 6th place on the all-time career hits list this weekend. In order for that to happen, he "can't" get two or more hits tonight.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X