This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
    I will be at Yankee Stadium on both Saturday and Sunday. I hope to see Derek Jeter take sole possession of 6th place on the all-time career hits list this weekend. In order for that to happen, he "can't" get two or more hits tonight.
    Have fun. I think tomorrow theyre having something for Paul Oniell. There was a top Paul Oniell plays video on facebook earlier. His swing was so damn smooth,

Comment

• Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
      Lool love how you both missed my last (and perhaps most important) paragraph.

But yea, this isn't just Obama. The US funded, armed, and gave assistance to the Taliban and Bin Laden back in the 80s against the Soviets.

Thinking the enemy of your enemy is your friend is bad policy.

I was reacting to the misstatement in the first paragraph, not the subsequent elaboration. Obama didn't create anything there. He's made it worse, No doubt, but those Frankensteins we're created long ago by others. As Drez said, all as a result of a complete lack of a long term strategic plan.

Comment

• Haha, I remember one time at the end of his career, a bloop single is hit to him and he goes to throw it to the cut off man and he threw it right at the ground, Sandlot style.
        After the inning you could see he was so pissed with himself coming back to the dugout. Jeter came up and said something in his ear and laughed. Paul turned and yelled "STFU!!" Then after an out or two they showed the dugout, he was sitting there with an angry smirk as everyone was laughing and breaking his balls.
        I loved his passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
          Have fun. I think tomorrow theyre having something for Paul Oniell. There was a top Paul Oniell plays video on facebook earlier. His swing was so damn smooth,

Thanks. Yes, tomorrow is Paul O'Neill Day. He will receive a plaque in Monument Park. The ceremony starts at noon.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
            Haha, I remember one time at the end of his career, a bloop single is hit to him and he goes to throw it to the cut off man and he threw it right at the ground, Sandlot style.
            After the inning you could see he was so pissed with himself coming back to the dugout. Jeter came up and said something in his ear and laughed. Paul turned and yelled "STFU!!" Then after an out or two they showed the dugout, he was sitting there with an angry smirk as everyone was laughing and breaking his balls.
            I loved his passion.

How about this one from his Cincy days? lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mIqBJqPV0o
            sigpic

Comment

• you know the system is a fraud, that's why they make your life so hard

rise and shine
              Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Blake bortles wooo. I'm such a woo girl

Comment

• Great show on Friday night.
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Nice pic

Comment

• Today is national Lazy Day, and aside from making a nice dinner, I am taking full advantage.....what is everyone else up to?

Comment

• Originally posted by Laurah1275 View Post
                        Today is national Lazy Day, and aside from making a nice dinner, I am taking full advantage.....what is everyone else up to?
                        Went to church this morning
                        Went for brunch afterward
                        Ran into my boyfriend at the grocery store haha
                        Now it's nap time.

Comment

• Who is Old Guns?

Comment

• Originally posted by Laurah1275 View Post
                            Today is national Lazy Day, and aside from making a nice dinner, I am taking full advantage.....what is everyone else up to?
                            Took my folks to breakfast at the airport then turned them loose to go to my sister's place. Napped on the hammock and posted for an hour. Did some work in prep for tomorrow.

Thinking about another nap...
                            Last edited by Sarcasman; 08-10-2014, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• Nice....wish I could take a nap.....can't ever seem to sleep during the day

Comment

• Well, that didn't happen. I did lie out in the sun for about 45 minutes and managed to drift in and out, but now we're almost full bore packing up to head home.

We were going to stop at Coaches for dinner but since JP's friend has decided to screw us over in favor of making him drinks at the tiki bar, we'll have to adjust that plan as well.

Damn selfish Jesse.

Comment

Working...
                                X