Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
    That's the offense's fault. The defense is still exhausted from all those decades of the offense sucking so much. Get with it, man.
    Not to say this is what happened against the Jets, but defenses do in fact get exhausted when the offense has multiple 3 and outs and punts/gives turnovers constantly in a short amount of time.

    There's been many games where the defense was holding and the offense kept giving the ball back and eventually the defense broke down completely.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
      Really? You got booted form a fantasy league for not paying attention?
      Or you could be like Moke last year and announce that he was going to **** up his team on purpose.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
        Not to say this is what happened against the Jets, but defenses do in fact get exhausted when the offense has multiple 3 and outs and punts/gives turnovers constantly in a short amount of time.

        There's been many games where the defense was holding and the offense kept giving the ball back and eventually the defense broke down completely.
        This was not one of those games. Almost every running play the line was getting pushed back.
        I wasnt too annoyed with the offense to be honest. Im happy theyre moving the ball at least.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
          This was not one of those games. Almost every running play the line was getting pushed back.
          I wasnt too annoyed with the offense to be honest. Im happy theyre moving the ball at least.
          Yea defense didn't have their best showing but I still think they're more regular season ready than the offense

          Comment


          • I think Moore looked quick off the corner. He's a persistent chaser. I think he'll be decent this year.
            JPP on the other hand.....welp, it was nice knowing you....

            I agree with Egyptian though...the D is less of a problem I think. the LBs played decently also, even though one play I saw J Williams looking completely lost on a playaction. I think he was supposed to blitz, but didnt commit to any direction, did like 3 stutter steps in EVERY direction, and end up giving up a 15 yard play up the middle in what would have been his blown assignment had Rolle not been there to make a tackle at the perfect time. But then we just ended up praising him (JWill) for another play minutes later >.> lol
            We need Beason back.......
            Oderint Dum Metuant

            It's too bad, I'm too good....

            Comment


            • Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
              Not to say this is what happened against the Jets, but defenses do in fact get exhausted when the offense has multiple 3 and outs and punts/gives turnovers constantly in a short amount of time.

              There's been many games where the defense was holding and the offense kept giving the ball back and eventually the defense broke down completely.

              I'm aware it's a real thing and actually valid on occasion, but there are limits; no one ever excused his way to success.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                Or you could be like Moke last year and announce that he was going to **** up his team on purpose.
                That's not cool. I hear it throws off the competitive balance in the league.

                But I heard that from Pizz, so y'know...

                Comment


                • Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
                  Yea defense didn't have their best showing but I still think they're more regular season ready than the offense

                  This fastest horse at the glue factory stuff is not a valid view.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                    I think Moore looked quick off the corner. He's a persistent chaser. I think he'll be decent this year.
                    JPP on the other hand.....welp, it was nice knowing you....

                    I agree with Egyptian though...the D is less of a problem I think. the LBs played decently also, even though one play I saw J Williams looking completely lost on a playaction. I think he was supposed to blitz, but didnt commit to any direction, did like 3 stutter steps in EVERY direction, and end up giving up a 15 yard play up the middle in what would have been his blown assignment had Rolle not been there to make a tackle at the perfect time. But then we just ended up praising him (JWill) for another play minutes later >.> lol
                    We need Beason back.......

                    The D might be fine - it is only preseason after all - but if the D line doesn't get things going (it's sucked for a while now) the ostensibly improved LBs and secondary will have no shot of holding their assignments. I believe the LOS play will make or break this season.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                      I think Moore looked quick off the corner. He's a persistent chaser. I think he'll be decent this year.
                      JPP on the other hand.....welp, it was nice knowing you....

                      I agree with Egyptian though...the D is less of a problem I think. the LBs played decently also, even though one play I saw J Williams looking completely lost on a playaction. I think he was supposed to blitz, but didnt commit to any direction, did like 3 stutter steps in EVERY direction, and end up giving up a 15 yard play up the middle in what would have been his blown assignment had Rolle not been there to make a tackle at the perfect time. But then we just ended up praising him (JWill) for another play minutes later >.> lol
                      We need Beason back.......
                      Our LBs are looking pretty good. That's a breath of fresh air.
                      1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

                      Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                        That's not cool. I hear it throws off the competitive balance in the league.

                        But I heard that from Pizz, so y'know...
                        I would pay to have seen Landos face when he said that.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                          This fastest horse at the glue factory stuff is not a valid view.

                          Comment


                          • What a Panzy Schwartz is. Ronnie Lott should give him a call !!! LOL

                            http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...es-Ronnie-Lott

                            Ronnie : " Giving up and losing is not in my vocabulary ! "
                            1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

                            Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
                              What a Panzy Schwartz is. Ronnie Lott should give him a call !!! LOL

                              http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...es-Ronnie-Lott

                              Ronnie : " Giving up and losing is not in my vocabulary ! "
                              Cant view the vid at work, but...I don't see what Ronnie Lott has to do with Schwartz
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

                              It's too bad, I'm too good....

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                                Cant view the vid at work, but...I don't see what Ronnie Lott has to do with Schwartz
                                Ronnie cut off his broken finger and stayed in the game
                                1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

                                Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X