This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
    That's the offense's fault. The defense is still exhausted from all those decades of the offense sucking so much. Get with it, man.
    Not to say this is what happened against the Jets, but defenses do in fact get exhausted when the offense has multiple 3 and outs and punts/gives turnovers constantly in a short amount of time.

There's been many games where the defense was holding and the offense kept giving the ball back and eventually the defense broke down completely.

Comment

Really? You got booted form a fantasy league for not paying attention?
      Or you could be like Moke last year and announce that he was going to **** up his team on purpose.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
        Not to say this is what happened against the Jets, but defenses do in fact get exhausted when the offense has multiple 3 and outs and punts/gives turnovers constantly in a short amount of time.

There's been many games where the defense was holding and the offense kept giving the ball back and eventually the defense broke down completely.
        This was not one of those games. Almost every running play the line was getting pushed back.
        I wasnt too annoyed with the offense to be honest. Im happy theyre moving the ball at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
          This was not one of those games. Almost every running play the line was getting pushed back.
          I wasnt too annoyed with the offense to be honest. Im happy theyre moving the ball at least.
          Yea defense didn't have their best showing but I still think they're more regular season ready than the offense

Comment

• I think Moore looked quick off the corner. He's a persistent chaser. I think he'll be decent this year.
            JPP on the other hand.....welp, it was nice knowing you....

I agree with Egyptian though...the D is less of a problem I think. the LBs played decently also, even though one play I saw J Williams looking completely lost on a playaction. I think he was supposed to blitz, but didnt commit to any direction, did like 3 stutter steps in EVERY direction, and end up giving up a 15 yard play up the middle in what would have been his blown assignment had Rolle not been there to make a tackle at the perfect time. But then we just ended up praising him (JWill) for another play minutes later >.> lol
            We need Beason back.......
            Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

I'm aware it's a real thing and actually valid on occasion, but there are limits; no one ever excused his way to success.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                Or you could be like Moke last year and announce that he was going to **** up his team on purpose.
                That's not cool. I hear it throws off the competitive balance in the league.

But I heard that from Pizz, so y'know...

Comment

Yea defense didn't have their best showing but I still think they're more regular season ready than the offense

This fastest horse at the glue factory stuff is not a valid view.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                    I think Moore looked quick off the corner. He's a persistent chaser. I think he'll be decent this year.

I agree with Egyptian though...the D is less of a problem I think. the LBs played decently also, even though one play I saw J Williams looking completely lost on a playaction. I think he was supposed to blitz, but didnt commit to any direction, did like 3 stutter steps in EVERY direction, and end up giving up a 15 yard play up the middle in what would have been his blown assignment had Rolle not been there to make a tackle at the perfect time. But then we just ended up praising him (JWill) for another play minutes later >.> lol

The D might be fine - it is only preseason after all - but if the D line doesn't get things going (it's sucked for a while now) the ostensibly improved LBs and secondary will have no shot of holding their assignments. I believe the LOS play will make or break this season.

Comment

I think Moore looked quick off the corner. He's a persistent chaser. I think he'll be decent this year.

Our LBs are looking pretty good. That's a breath of fresh air.
                      1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

That's not cool. I hear it throws off the competitive balance in the league.

But I heard that from Pizz, so y'know...
                        I would pay to have seen Landos face when he said that.

Comment

This fastest horse at the glue factory stuff is not a valid view.

Comment

• What a Panzy Schwartz is. Ronnie Lott should give him a call !!! LOL

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...es-Ronnie-Lott

Ronnie : " Giving up and losing is not in my vocabulary ! "

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
                              What a Panzy Schwartz is. Ronnie Lott should give him a call !!! LOL

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...es-Ronnie-Lott

Ronnie : " Giving up and losing is not in my vocabulary ! "
                              Cant view the vid at work, but...I don't see what Ronnie Lott has to do with Schwartz
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Cant view the vid at work, but...I don't see what Ronnie Lott has to do with Schwartz
                                Ronnie cut off his broken finger and stayed in the game

Comment

Working...
                                X