This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DRAFT DAY PARTY @ JAY DEE's IN CARLSTAT NJ on ROUTE 17

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

lol u are pretty annoying... hahaha[/quote]

I mean it works doesn't it, most people give up, and then my opinion is the only one that remains so it MUST be right.
    [/quote]

na i took u down multiple times

[][/quote]

My count has us at 1-0 me still don't know what you talking about willis.
    [/quote]

i think my RB debate was won... can't find too many people that were agreeing with u on that...

and u didn't out last me on that, we both got threatened with perm bans from the boards lol

having seen JB around in a while[/quote]

I won that for you

Comment

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

I mean it works doesn't it, most people give up, and then my opinion is the only one that remains so it MUST be right.
      [/quote]

[][/quote]

[/quote]

i think my RB debate was won... can't find too many people that were agreeing with u on that...

and u didn't out last me on that, we both got threatened with perm bans from the boards lol

I won that for you
      [/quote]

haha thats true... even lawl was sticking it to ya during that time...

u comin out sat lawl?
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

[/quote]

[][/quote]

[/quote]

What RB debate?

Comment

[quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

[/quote]

[][/quote]

[/quote]

What RB debate?
          [/quote]

before ur time young'n

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

I was backed into a corner but I believe I was fighting my way out just fine until the ban's were threatened.

A Top Notch RB in the NFL needs to be able to not only gain yards on the ground, but also Block and receive out of the backfield effectively.

I don't care if he's Barry Sanders good, if he's can not block and can not receive out of the backfield then he's not one of the best in the NFL.

Comment

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

I was backed into a corner but I believe I was fighting my way out just fine until the ban's were threatened.

A Top Notch RB in the NFL needs to be able to not only gain yards on the ground, but also Block and receive out of the backfield effectively.
              [/quote]

the main purpos of a running back is running the ball...

as long as u can do that u can be a RB.... if u can't do that, u don't play RB, simple as that

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"].

as long as u can do that u can be a RB.... [/quote]

Nope, you need to be able to Block and Receive effectively as well.

just being able to run with the ball MIGHT get you Drafted, in the hopes you can be taught the other skills, but until those other skills are developed you will not see time on the playing field.

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

[/quote]

[][/quote]

[/quote]

I won that for you
                  [/quote]

u comin out sat lawl?[/quote]

nah i live in florida

Comment

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"].

as long as u can do that u can be a RB.... [/quote]

Nope, you need to be able to Block and Receive effectively as well.

just being able to run with the ball will not get MIGHT get you Drafted, in the hopes you can be taught the other skills, but until those other skills are developed you will not see time on the playing field.
                    [/quote]

Jacobs can't catch a ball at ALL and he was not only franchised but then signed to a long term deal...

I would not say his WR game is effective at all

Comment

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

[/quote]

[][/quote]

[/quote]

I won that for you
                      [/quote]

nah i live in florida
                      [/quote]

boooo u gonna go to that one in florida with BB62?

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

[/quote]

[][/quote]

[/quote]

I won that for you
                        [/quote]

nah i live in florida
                        [/quote]

boooo u gonna go to that one in florida with BB62?[/quote]

nah thats 3 hours from where I am, earthday birthday(the concert thing) is that same day down here so i dunno....

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

Jacobs can't catch a ball at ALL and he was not only franchised but then signed to a long term deal...

I would not say his WR game is effective at all[/quote]

That's an overstatement, he can catch the ball, but he certainly needs a lot of work there, that said he has multiple receiving TD's in his career, its not like he never catches the ball but he does have bad hands, and its something that keeps him from being the best back in the NFL imho.

he's if not the best, one of the best Blocking RB's in the NFL, and again, he's top 5 rushing the ball, but he's no where near the top 30 or 40 when receiving out of the backfield.

thats why LdT and Westbrook are/were better in there primes then he is now, they were top 5 blockers receivers AND rushers.

Jacobs misses many plays because of his inability to reliably catch a pass out of the backfield, luckily he's both a monster running the ball AND blocking for Eli.

A RB that can "ONLY" Run with the ball, would never see much if any play time in the NFL, regardless of how good he is at it.

[Edit] perhaps we should go back to topics you know something about MMB like Drinking or Music, leave the football to the big boys [:P]

Comment

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

I would not say his WR game is effective at all[/quote]

That's an overstatement, he can catch the ball, but he certainly needs a lot of work there, that said he has multiple receiving TD's in his career, its not like he never catches the ball but he does have bad hands, and its something that keeps him from being the best back in the NFL imho.

he's if not the best, one of the best Blocking RB's in the NFL, and again, he's top 5 rushing the ball, but he's no where near the top 30 or 40 when receiving out of the backfield.

thats why LdT and Westbrook are/were better in there primes then he is now, they were top 5 blockers receivers AND rushers.

Jacobs misses many plays because of his inability to reliably catch a pass out of the backfield, luckily he's both a monster running the ball AND blocking for Eli.

A RB that can "ONLY" Run with the ball, would never see much if any play time in the NFL, regardless of how good he is at it.
                            [/quote]

saying he could catch the ball is an overstatement

40 receptions in 4 years? with about 15-20 drops lol... come on now...

he is below par for his position at catching the ball.

Yes I would agree with you he is a best blocker but if he can't run the ball and has the same attributes he isn't a RB. Hell even if he is a great pass catcher, he won't be a RB if he can't run the ball..

Are we really getting this started? lol

Didn't say only run the ball, i said running ball is the primary focus of a RB because if u can't do that, it don't matter how well u block or pass catch, you won't be a RB. Name me one RB that is a subpar rusher but can do the other things well and is playing in the NFL

EDIT: LMAO, its on like Donkey Kong BIAAAAATCH

Comment

[quote user="DavenIII"]

[/quote]

Not true at all. I'll leave it at that so the thread doesn't get locked.

Comment

When did this thread become about football debate????

STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X