This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    As useless as it is, its called the U.N.
    If they didnt care why were there 34 other countries involved?
    I'm as conservative as anyone here and i am saying that the entire Iraq war was a blunder.
    We had a no fly zone. We could have made his life miserable if we wanted for little cost and little risk of destabilizing the region.

The entire "they will greet us as liberators" nonsense was especially naive.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      I'm as conservative as anyone here and i am saying that the entire Iraq war was a blunder.
      We had a no fly zone. We could have made his life miserable if we wanted for little cost and little risk of destabilizing the region.

The entire "they will greet us as liberators" nonsense was especially naive.
      Trying to nation build and completely pulling out were the blunders. They DID greet us as liberators, especially the Kurds and Shiites. . Remember the famous video of the tank ripping the statue of SH down? They both still like us.
      I dont even want to think about how Bam would of handled both Iraq and Iran with wmd. I know you think there would be some kind of mini cold war between the two, but that has nothing to do with either of them selling one to terrorists.

Comment

• Originally posted by DavenIII View Post
        I still remain hopeful that someday American citizens who come out to vote will actually know who and what they vote for, that one day there will be some degree of actual transparency, that what candidates say during their campaign they will actually be held accountable for, I think it's going to take "The Worst" president ever to reneg on enough of their campaign promises for Americans to wake up and understand that we need to vote for someone who has their own plan for our nation and says what they mean instead of someone who just tries to appease everyone else's plans so they can win the game and get their reward...being the president.

That would be great and I used to believe it could happen. Now I'm old so I know it never will.

Unfortunately, most americans are morons and as the saying goes, "we get the government we deserve"

Comment

• Originally posted by DavenIII View Post
          that's some crazy bull****, no international community? What is the UN again? a multitude of nations wanted Saddam removed from power..we just had the biggest stick.
          Sorry - I can't buy the UN as anything more that what it is: a steaming pile of BS that is a complete waste of time, space and energy.

Saddam could not have done jack **** to the US and since when do we care about other nations killing their own people? Since never, or stated more correctly, only when it's a country we don't agree with politically and is politically expedient and popular. Otherwise, no; we do not care.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
            the next day, my dad was like "JP got me hammered last night", and i was like ummm I didnt even BUY you a beer. you said you were only going to be around for a quarter, and stayed the whole thing. dont hate because you cant drink like me!!
            That being said, I was hungover until 6pm friday.........
            About that, sorry.

The Giunness treated me fine. I was a littlel slow out of the gate the next morning but that was about it....

Comment

As useless as it is, its called the U.N.
              If they didnt care why were there 34 other countries involved?

Political expediency, money or future considerations or all and/or any combimnation of the above.

I was gonna type "because they thought it was the right thing to do" but even my keyboard couldn't fake it that well

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                That would be great and I used to believe it could happen. Now I'm old so I know it never will.

Unfortunately, most americans are morons and as the saying goes, "we get the government we deserve"
                ......tough to vote when your only choice is one idiot or another I suppose that makes me a moron but I'm to old to change that now........oh well ...we got the Giants game on Sunday ! see ya there man !
                Last edited by byron; 10-03-2014, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Trying to nation build and completely pulling out were the blunders. They DID greet us as liberators, especially the Kurds and Shiites. . Remember the famous video of the tank ripping the statue of SH down? They both still like us.
                  I dont even want to think about how Bam would of handled both Iraq and Iran with wmd. I know you think there would be some kind of mini cold war between the two, but that has nothing to do with either of them selling one to terrorists.
                  no they didn't Dezz.

Remember the insurgence?
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                    no they didn't Dezz.

Remember the insurgence?
                    That was a civil war between Sunni and the Shiite. Remember we had to build a wall in Baghdad?
                    There were some Shiite militant groups but we were fighting mostly Sunni

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                      About that, sorry.

The Giunness treated me fine. I was a littlel slow out of the gate the next morning but that was about it....
                      nah man, i woulda got ****faced whether you were there or not lol. Plus I had about a dozen Rebel IPAs. Was a good time though since the game was awesome.
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Oh my gosh, there are still people out there defending the overthrow of Saddam? Thats pure neocon bull#### and we're seeing the results now more clear than ever.

The whole reason for going in was even more BS, he didn't have anything to do with 9/11 and he sure as hell didn't have any WMD's.... Nothing but pure neocon propaganda. It's not even a liberl/conservative issue, it's a truth/false issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
                          Oh my gosh, there are still people out there defending the overthrow of Saddam? Thats pure neocon bull#### and we're seeing the results now more clear than ever.

The whole reason for going in was even more BS, he didn't have anything to do with 9/11 and he sure as hell didn't have any WMD's.... Nothing but pure neocon propaganda. It's not even a liberl/conservative issue, it's a truth/false issue.
                          'Murica.
                          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• I purposely don't involve myself in politics. Whatever side you're on, it's all utter and complete horse ****.
                            http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                            http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                            http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                              'Murica.
                              Murica indeed

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                                ......tough to vote when your only choice is one idiot or another I suppose that makes me a moron but I'm to old to change that now........oh well ...we got the Giants game on Sunday ! see ya there man !
                                Agreed! To hell with this political nonsense...see you there my man!

Comment

Working...
                                X