This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gurujot View Post
    Basketball is like that for a lot of people becasue it was the least team oriented team sport for the longest time. Its changing to some extent now where one guy cant do it anymore and that a team that can play as unit can win, but for the most part a guy can change a team like Lebron.
    true....buttttt its not 100% true. all the championship teams from the 80s and 90s for example all had multiple all star players getting it done.

idk.....for me its just the decline in talent. when I was a kid, every team had a hall of famer.....now there's only a handful of players that would even be considered a stud. not sure where all the ballers went, but, they arent chasing basketball anymore I guess?
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
      true....buttttt its not 100% true. all the championship teams from the 80s and 90s for example all had multiple all star players getting it done.

idk.....for me its just the decline in talent. when I was a kid, every team had a hall of famer.....now there's only a handful of players that would even be considered a stud. not sure where all the ballers went, but, they arent chasing basketball anymore I guess?
      If you follow the NBA now, there isnt as many big name guys anymore because the entire overall talent pool is so much greater. Theres so many guys that dont get talked about as much as they should that wouldve crushed it in the 80s. Plus everyones is so much bigger and stronger now its unreal, for example Dwayne Wade who plays shooting gaurd plays at nearly the same weight as Patrick Ewing who was considered big and menacing in his time.
      "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
      - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

If you follow the NBA now, there isnt as many big name guys anymore because the entire overall talent pool is so much greater. Theres so many guys that dont get talked about as much as they should that wouldve crushed it in the 80s. Plus everyones is so much bigger and stronger now its unreal, for example Dwayne Wade who plays shooting gaurd plays at nearly the same weight as Patrick Ewing who was considered big and menacing in his time.
        not entirely sure I agree with that, but....you make a compelling argument, I must say. Is there really any way to prove that though? Youre going off just the size of the guys? idk...seems dodgy at best
        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

not entirely sure I agree with that, but....you make a compelling argument, I must say. Is there really any way to prove that though? Youre going off just the size of the guys? idk...seems dodgy at best
          The NBA back then didnt have any of the awesome European or South American guys that are around now either, and back then there were some stars but they were all on a couple of teams so the same 4 or 5 dominated forever. If you look at the western conference right now its unreal how many good teams there are and then you have 4 or 5 solid teams in the east.
          Last edited by gurujot; 12-15-2014, 06:54 PM.
          - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

• We have $32 million worth of cap space on IR. The only team in the league who has more are the AZ Cards.
            Mood: WOOF!

Comment

The NBA back then didnt have any of the European or South American guys that are around now either, and back then there were some stars but they were all on a couple of teams so the same 4 or 5 dominated forever. If you look at the western conference right now its unreal how many good teams there are and then you have 4 or 5 solid teams in the east.
              "some stars"?!?!
              24 players in the 90s (some of whom even played in the 80s as well) were Hall of Famers....
              24!!!!!!! that's with me excluding guys who only played a couple years in the 90s like Bird for example.

edit - I also didnt include guys like Shaq....or guys who WILL be in from the mid/late 90s like Iverson, Ray Allen, Dirk, Nash, Kobe, etc....
              Last edited by JPizzack; 12-15-2014, 07:05 PM.
              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                We have $32 million worth of cap space on IR. The only team in the league who has more are the AZ Cards.
                only because they lost Palmer the week of his extension lol
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Im at the library on a floor designated for quiet study and this broad has been inviting her various friends up to talk to her all damn day, its like she thinks its a sound proof room shes sitting in even though you can hear every time other people shuffle papers on their table. Just shut the **** up, I have one exam left and Im trying to study.
                  - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

Im at the library on a floor designated for quiet study and this broad has been inviting her various friends up to talk to her all damn day, its like she thinks its a sound proof room shes sitting in even though you can hear every time other people shuffle papers on their table. Just shut the **** up, I have one exam left and Im trying to study.
                    Throw a paper rock to her and get off these boards and study !
                    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

Im at the library on a floor designated for quiet study and this broad has been inviting her various friends up to talk to her all damn day, its like she thinks its a sound proof room shes sitting in even though you can hear every time other people shuffle papers on their table. Just shut the **** up, I have one exam left and Im trying to study.
                      Lol
                      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

"some stars"?!?!
                        24 players in the 90s (some of whom even played in the 80s as well) were Hall of Famers....
                        24!!!!!!! that's with me excluding guys who only played a couple years in the 90s like Bird for example.
                        Like I said though there were stars but the overall level of depth was no where near the same level, also outside of the 5 or 6 with a shot of winning everyone sucked. You could probably name 24 HOFers from the 2000s as well
                        - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

or start coughing really loud and make believe you are talking to someone on your cell and whisper : " I have all the ebola symptoms, I am soo scared" so they can hear you. They will be scared ****less and leave.

Your'e welcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
                            Throw a paper rock to her and get off these boards and study !
                            theres a wall in between so I cant throw anything at her and I cant focus especially when she makes these weird *** sounds when laughing so I say why not waste time properly rather than hear her talk about whatever
                            - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
                              or start coughing really loud and make believe you are talking to someone on your cell and whisper : " I have all the ebola symptoms, I am soo scared" so they can hear you. They will be scared ****less and leave.

Your'e welcome.
                              lol I dont wanna disturb the person on the other side or else that would be a good idea
                              - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

lol I dont wanna disturb the person on the other side or else that would be a good idea
                                Youll have the entire section to yourself !!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X