This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by byron View Post
    why did you feel stupid not sure what I'm missing here....do they replace injured players ? I guess I get trying to minimize waiver moves by adding cost....hell I have been streaming defenses and kickers all year....
    Sarcasm. People pay up $1000/team, but get stingy when it comes to $10, even though that's probably the only way they'll see a return on their investment (donation).

Humans can be very irrational when it comes to money and risk aversion.
    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
      I'm too bad to be taking chances
      Calculated risks

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
        So overall youre saying dont go rb in the first round?

What about having a late first round pick? Would you still go gronk, graham or even thomas?
        If it's late first round, I'm definitely going Gronk. Unless I'm picking really high next year, where I can get a Le'Veon Bell, Jamaal Charles, or maybe Matt Forte (who could decline starkly, but I'm just throwing him out there for namesake right now), I'm gonna go the safer route and take either Gronk, or the top WR on the board. Normally "safe" would equate with a lower ceiling, but Gronk and Megatron/DT are so dominant, that you can't really call that low-ceiling.

Now, that's assuming the market doesn't completely adjust to this recent trend of RB busts (Martin, Spiller, TRich, SJax in 2013; Ball, Bernard, Peterson, Stacy, Martin, etc. this year). I think you're gonna see a transition that kinda started this year, where those early rounds are heavily populated with QBs, WRs, and Gronk/Graham, which could make RBs a solid play. If you can get the consensus RB4 or RB5 at pick 10-15 for example, then go for it.

But the days of 75% RBs in the top 2 rounds are probably safely over. If you're playing in home leagues with old school players, you can still probably take advantage of that dying paradigm.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
          Sarcasm. People pay up $1000/team, but get stingy when it comes to $10, even though that's probably the only way they'll see a return on their investment (donation).

Humans can be very irrational when it comes to money and risk aversion.
          Oh guess I should have known that......Yeah 1200 for a 5000.00 return makes no since at all ....lol

Comment

If it's late first round, I'm definitely going Gronk. Unless I'm picking really high next year, where I can get a Le'Veon Bell, Jamaal Charles, or maybe Matt Forte (who could decline starkly, but I'm just throwing him out there for namesake right now), I'm gonna go the safer route and take either Gronk, or the top WR on the board. Normally "safe" would equate with a lower ceiling, but Gronk and Megatron/DT are so dominant, that you can't really call that low-ceiling.

Now, that's assuming the market doesn't completely adjust to this recent trend of RB busts (Martin, Spiller, TRich, SJax in 2013; Ball, Bernard, Peterson, Stacy, Martin, etc. this year). I think you're gonna see a transition that kinda started this year, where those early rounds are heavily populated with QBs, WRs, and Gronk/Graham, which could make RBs a solid play. If you can get the consensus RB4 or RB5 at pick 10-15 for example, then go for it.

But the days of 75% RBs in the top 2 rounds are probably safely over. If you're playing in home leagues with old school players, you can still probably take advantage of that dying paradigm.
            here's how I do it I try to get the bpa at every pick with an eye toward my starting lineup in the first 7 rounds and I talking FF producers proven guys in most cases of coarse there are other things I think about ...like if they are injury prone and a few other things I also look at rooks ...but I guess my point is I try and keep it as simple as possible I don't do mock drafts but do look at ADP's then take what the draft gives me....in season I pay attention to the WW to improve.....very seldom trade which I guess hurts me in a league full of traders......

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
              here's how I do it I try to get the bpa at every pick with an eye toward my starting lineup in the first 7 rounds and I talking FF producers proven guys in most cases of coarse there are other things I think about ...like if they are injury prone and a few other things I also look at rooks ...but I guess my point is I try and keep it as simple as possible I don't do mock drafts but do look at ADP's then take what the draft gives me....in season I pay attention to the WW to improve.....very seldom trade which I guess hurts me in a league full of traders......
              I like the BPA strategy, too, but that's because I want as many trade chips as possible to fill out my roster from there, mainly through 2-for-1 trades.

Comment

• That league dues discussion on the GMB FB page is mind numbing, lol.

Comment

That league dues discussion on the GMB FB page is mind numbing, lol.
                  I'm not sure if its in English or some kind of code

wtf does awe scram mean

Comment

That league dues discussion on the GMB FB page is mind numbing, lol.
                    Yea, I just chime in to tease them. I dropped that league a couple years ago because they get too crazy about it, and not in a good way. I came in 2nd in the league's 2nd year, with the worst team ever, and called it quits after receiving my cash and a funny certificate that Blondie made.
                    Honestly, the main reason I quit, was because I was really tired of just talking fantasy football here. lol
                    I don't even LOVE fantasy football...it's just something to do....but I don't need to talk about it nonstop....it got old.
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Doesn't "awe scram" basically mean "get outta here!"?

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                        Yea, I just chime in to tease them. I dropped that league a couple years ago because they get too crazy about it, and not in a good way. I came in 2nd in the league's 2nd year, with the worst team ever, and called it quits after receiving my cash and a funny certificate that Blondie made.
                        Honestly, the main reason I quit, was because I was really tired of just talking fantasy football here. lol
                        I don't even LOVE fantasy football...it's just something to do....but I don't need to talk about it nonstop....it got old.
                        I don't see any FF talk on here.

Only time the FF section starts blowing up is when I make a trade, lol.

Comment

I don't see any FF talk on here.

Only time the FF section starts blowing up is when I make a trade, lol.
                          4 years ago it was bad. Real bad. Amanda wanted to kill us before the season even started.

Comment

• Because it was competitive, or because it was dominating discussion?

Comment

Because it was competitive, or because it was dominating discussion?
                              Both. And we messed with her just because....Matt might have been flirting....lol

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                                Are you drunk at 10am?
                                No, sad because ff.
                                Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Working...
                                X