This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
    "During my 18 years I came to bat almost 10,000 times. I struck out about 1,700 times and walked maybe 1,800 times. You figure a ballplayer will average about 500 at bats a season. That means I played seven years without ever hitting the ball."
    -- Mickey Mantle
    If only he took care of himself.

You ever see the movie 61? Great movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      If only he took care of himself.

You ever see the movie 61? Great movie.
      nah not yet. I've had it in my netflix queue for like 5 years lol.
      I just have no patience for baseball anymore.I can talk about it, because I still follow what's going on, but....
      I really only like to watch football and hockey these days. I'll watch basketball ONLY if there's a high-octane team like Golden State or The Clippers playing, because if not, that's almost as boring as baseball.
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

nah not yet. I've had it in my netflix queue for like 5 years lol.
        I just have no patience for baseball anymore.I can talk about it, because I still follow what's going on, but....
        I really only like to watch football and hockey these days. I'll watch basketball ONLY if there's a high-octane team like Golden State or The Clippers playing, because if not, that's almost as boring as baseball.
        watch it, its really good. Its about the different treatment the media and fans gave Mantle and Marris as they raced to beat the Babes HR record, but they lived with eachother and were really good friends. Mantle would have shattered it.

Comment

watch it, its really good. Its about the different treatment the media and fans gave Mantle and Marris as they raced to beat the Babes HR record, but they lived with eachother and were really good friends. Mantle would have shattered it.
          Sounds boring as ****....
          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Sounds boring as ****....
            Ehh I thought it was great. Theres a scene were Mick get wastey face, hilarious.

Comment

Ehh I thought it was great. Theres a scene were Mick get wastey face, hilarious.
              just realized I did see it....Barry Pepper and Thomas Jane....

yup, it was extremely boring....so much so that I didn't even remember seeing it....
              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Lol Rudy lost the consolation game for 9th place by like .2, the guy she was facing has been inactive forever too so he had an empty roster spot and a guy on IR in his lineup while Rudy actually set her lineup for the week
                "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
                - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

just realized I did see it....Barry Pepper and Thomas Jane....

yup, it was extremely boring....so much so that I didn't even remember seeing it....
                  You have terrible taste. And you call yourself a Yankee fan...pshhh

Comment

• I agree with pizz here baseball is extemely boring if your doing anything other than just casually following the sport and maybe playing fantasy but even theres way too many games going on to set a lineup daily which makes it pretty ***.
                    "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
                    - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

You have terrible taste. And you call yourself a Yankee fan...pshhh
                      It's a baseball movie dude.....the only successfull baseball movies have been comedies. It's a boring sport, so youre going to get boring movies out of it. The only baseball movie that even kept my attention at all was "For Love of the Game" with Costner, and John C Reilly, and that wasn't even GREAT, it just kept my attention because most of it took place in old Yankee Stadium.
                      It has nothing to do with my fandom.....simply stated: baseball is boring as **** these days, because I'm not a 9 year old anymore.
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

It's a baseball movie dude.....the only successfull baseball movies have been comedies. It's a boring sport, so youre going to get boring movies out of it. The only baseball movie that even kept my attention at all was "For Love of the Game" with Costner, and John C Reilly, and that wasn't even GREAT, it just kept my attention because most of it took place in old Yankee Stadium.
                        It has nothing to do with my fandom.....simply stated: baseball is boring as **** these days, because I'm not a 9 year old anymore.
                        A League of Their Own, Sandlot. You just suck at everything.

Comment

• http://www.theladbible.com/articles/...g-to-settle-it

lol

Comment

• I read that the fed stranglehold on interest rates could be released come the summer. which is great for people with money......but not so good for people looking to buy things...you know...like HOUSES lol. Mortgage rates will likely climb back up with savings rates.

BUY WHAT YOU CAN NOW!!! Get that shiny new ****ty American car, Dezz!! Oh wait...........
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

I read that the fed stranglehold on interest rates could be released come the summer. which is great for people with money......but not so good for people looking to buy things...you know...like HOUSES lol. Mortgage rates will likely climb back up with savings rates.

BUY WHAT YOU CAN NOW!!! Get that shiny new ****ty American car, Dezz!! Oh wait...........
                              A liberal talking about rising housing prices, thats rich.

Comment

• lol, awful:

Keith was asked about his most life-threatening drug experience and mentioned an event in which “Someone put strychnine (pesticide) in my dope. It was in Switzerland. I was totally comatose, but I was totally awake. I could listen to everyone, and they were like, he’s dead, he’s dead, waving their fingers and pushing me about. I was thinking I’m not dead.” Richards remembers: “I was number one on the Who’s list of people who were likely to die for 10 years. I mean, I was really disappointed when I fell off the list.”
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Working...
                                X