Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lions got shafted big time that's for sure.

What you guys think about GB? I don't trust their defense but I see Rodgers putting up a ton of points against Dallas

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      Not pass interference. Should have never thrown the flag. I hate all these ticky tack PI calls. The guy barely touched him. Even though he wasn't looking back at the ball, he still has to physically prevent him from catching the ball....which he didn't.
      Whoa you're back?? ....the things that happened when you leave THEE thread for 2 weeks

Comment

• Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
        The Lions got shafted big time that's for sure.

What you guys think about GB? I don't trust their defense but I see Rodgers putting up a ton of points against Dallas
        Please explain how that was PI...
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Not pass interference. Should have never thrown the flag. I hate all these ticky tack PI calls. The guy barely touched him. Even though he wasn't looking back at the ball, he still has to physically prevent him from catching the ball....which he didn't.
          Whoa you're back?? ....the things that happen when you leave THEE thread for 2 weeks
          Last edited by egyptian420; 01-05-2015, 12:08 PM.

Comment

• No I'm not.

Here's the rule in the actual rule book that pertains to this play.

PI is.........

Contact by a defender who is not playing the ball and such contact restricts the receiverís opportunity to make the catch.

He did not restrict his ability to catch the ball.

Comment

• looks like moving day in tagf

Comment

He friggin mauled the guy, this isn't the 80s, by today's standards (like them or not) that is a PI. Even one of the Cowboys players admitted that was a PI.

And in any event, they threw the flag and came back a minute later to change their mind, that's unacceptable, much less in a playoff game.

Comment

No I'm not.

PI is.........

Contact by a defender who is not playing the ball and such contact restricts the receiver’s opportunity to make the catch.

yeah right

Comment

No I'm not.

PI is.........

Contact by a defender who is not playing the ball and such contact restricts the receiver’s opportunity to make the catch.

Also another official came out today and said the PI penalty should not have been called but once the flag is thrown, you cannot pick it back up.
                    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

It was definitely PI. It was defensive holding even BEFORE it was PI. It shouldn't be up for debate. Either way it should have been Detroit 1st down.
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

No I'm not.

PI is.........

We we watching the same game? It was basically a tackle before the catch. there was no play on the ball by the defender or anything. It was just all around bad defense.
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                          Also another official came out today and said the PI penalty should not have been called but once the flag is thrown, you cannot pick it back up.
                          They do it all the time, sadly....
                          "There is no penalty on the play.....3rd down" seems to be a staple these days....
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
                            He friggin mauled the guy, this isn't the 80s, by today's standards (like them or not) that is a PI. Even one of the Cowboys players admitted that was a PI.

And in any event, they threw the flag and came back a minute later to change their mind, that's unacceptable, much less in a playoff game.
                            You might want to look at the play again. He barely touched him. These refs automatically throw the flag if the guy isn't looking back for the ball but that's not the rule.
                            You still have to hit him in such a way that he is restricted from catching the ball. The real contact came after the ball arrived which is legal.

The guy was covered and essentially had not chance to catch the ball.

I friggin HATE PI and I hate it when WR's are constantly looking for flag. Offenses actually run plays designed to draw a PI penalty. It's ruining the friggin game.

I'm glad they picked up the flag.

Comment

Iv only seen a PI call over turned once and one ref ran to the ref that threw the flag immediately and said there was no PI.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdAKk42OzVw

Comment

Working...
                                X