This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
    It was definitely PI. It was defensive holding even BEFORE it was PI. It shouldn't be up for debate. Either way it should have been Detroit 1st down.
    The TE had a grasp of the defenders face mask right before the play.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• ESPN had another retired ref on this morning and explained in detail why it WASN'T pass interference.

Comment

• Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
        What you guys think about GB? I don't trust their defense but I see Rodgers putting up a ton of points against Dallas
        Dallas' defense is easily exploited. And who better to dismantle it other than Rodgers?
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
          Iv only seen a PI call over turned once and one ref ran to the ref that threw the flag immediately and said there was no PI.
          The guy assigned to make that call did not throw the flag. It was another ref who had secondary responsibility for that call.

I agree that it was handled badly when they announced the penalty and then didn't even explain why it was picked up.
          Either way in my view they still got the call right.

Comment

Dallas' defense is easily exploited. And who better to dismantle it other than Rodgers?
            I think it might be a great game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
              ESPN had another retired ref on this morning and explained in detail why it WASN'T pass interference.

That guy is a former ref who refereed for 11 years and worked as a supervisor of officials for 12 more
              "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
              - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

You might want to look at the play again. He barely touched him.
                Stop it, there was contact the whole route.

Comment

• When a player throws his hands up into "I DIDNT DO IT" flailing....and runs into a reciever head on without ever making a play on the ball in the slightest.....there's no doubt it's a penalty...
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

ESPN had another retired ref on this morning and explained in detail why it WASN'T pass interference.
                    they have to either call the GD rule or take it off the GD books ...they told everybody coming into the season they would be calling it tightly... no contact after 5 yards...in game ffs you can't call it on one team and not the other.......they ****ed up that call plain and simple .....you believe what you want

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                      what gets me is that who ever is the head Ref on the field needed to be in control right then and there...first sign of a problem stop the damn clock talk it over if need be look at a replay ...They totally **** the bed and ruined the game for many ...
                      Exactly. I don't think the call changed the game all that much, Detroit was well on their way to choking this one away anyway but you gotta be transparent. Announce what's going on and move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by gurujot View Post

That guy is a former ref who refereed for 11 years and worked as a supervisor of officials for 12 more
                        Read the rule. You don't have to be playing the ball. You can faceguard in the NFL. It;'s legal. He can still make contact without it being PI.
                        The reason he couldn't get the ball was because the defender had position and it would have had to magically pass through him to get to the receiver.

If you want to call holding the jersey fine. If you want to call a facemask on the offensive player THAT would have been fine.
                        I would rather see the game determined by the players and not the refs........But that's just me.

Comment

When a player throws his hands up into "I DIDNT DO IT" flailing....and runs into a reciever head on without ever making a play on the ball in the slightest.....there's no doubt it's a penalty...
                          LT did that at least once a game.

Do you really want a ref to say.."well I didn't see anything but the guy put his hands in the air so it must be a penalty".......I don't.

Let them play for God's sake. As far as I'm concerned the defender had good position. Only problem was he didn't look back at the ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
                            Whoa you're back?? ....the things that happen when you leave THEE thread for 2 weeks
                            He missed me.

Comment

No I'm not.

Here's the rule in the actual rule book that pertains to this play.

PI is.........

Contact by a defender who is not playing the ball and such contact restricts the receiver’s opportunity to make the catch.

He did not restrict his ability to catch the ball.

Of course it was DPI, AP got this called on him regularly and rightly so. In fact, I think he had a major one in a NYG/Dallas playoff game. I even think they have subsequently renamed this penalty 'Antonio Piercing"
                              Last edited by Sarcasman; 01-05-2015, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                                He missed me.
                                I'm not back.

Comment

Working...
                                X