This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    You might want to look at the play again. He barely touched him. These refs automatically throw the flag if the guy isn't looking back for the ball but that's not the rule.
    You still have to hit him in such a way that he is restricted from catching the ball. The real contact came after the ball arrived which is legal.

The guy was covered and essentially had not chance to catch the ball.

I friggin HATE PI and I hate it when WR's are constantly looking for flag. Offenses actually run plays designed to draw a PI penalty. It's ruining the friggin game.

I'm glad they picked up the flag.

I agree with your thoughts on the spread of PI calls and hating when WRs and QBs beg for the call, but that was DPI. The WR can't make a play on the ball when he's being antonio pierced.

Comment

I think it might be a great game.
      Could be. An injured Rodgers GB offense is much better than a Romo offense. Guess it all comes down to Murray and the run game. I still think GB can put a helluva lot more points on the board....
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

The TE had a grasp of the defenders face mask right before the play.
        That's a different issue.

Even the NFL is smart enough not to try to rationalize it this way after the fact. Despite it being a legitimate reason to not throw the flag, no official saw that on the field so trotting it out now is irrelevant except as an ex-post facto rationalization usually reserved only for Dallas homers.

Comment

I'm not back.
          We all know youre getting bored of fb commenting people. Enough with the charade old man.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
            Could be. An injured Rodgers GB offense is much better than a Romo offense. Guess it all comes down to Murray and the run game. I still think GB can put a helluva lot more points on the board....
            GB D line isn't even close to Detroit. Dallas should be able to run it on them. Bad weather actually would help Dallas.
            I like Dallas more in GB than I do in Dallas.
            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
              That's a different issue.

Even the NFL is smart enough not to try to rationalize it this way after the fact. Despite it being a legitimate reason to not throw the flag, no official saw that on the field so trotting it out now is irrelevant except as an ex-post facto rationalization usually reserved only for Dallas homers.
              Don't forget..the ref assigned to make that call did not throw the flag. It was another ref. The guy in the best position didn't see it as PI.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Debatable. I think Id rather Dallas to be honest. Romos not 100% either but theyre really good at that thing some around here think isnt important anymore. You know that thing where teams give the ball the running back. Whats that called again?

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                  Debatable. I think Id rather Dallas to be honest. Romos not 100% either but theyre really good at that thing some around here think isnt important anymore. You know that thing where teams give the ball the running back. Whats that called again?

I think the Giants call that running into the back of the offensive line.

Comment

GB D line isn't even close to Detroit. Dallas should be able to run it on them. Bad weather actually would help Dallas.
                    I like Dallas more in GB than I do in Dallas.
                    Not everyone is the NY Giants....and can walk into Lambeau in frigid tundra conditions and manhandle the Packers. Peppers with 3 sacks on the day, Romo gets injured at some point during the game as per usual.
                    I also like Matthews as a run defender, so we'll see what happens. But I still like GB in this game.

The only team Dallas can shoot with in the NFC is Carolina, and well....they play Seattle...so....
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

You mean what I was literally just saying about Dallas' best chance?
                      Stfu Dezz, I hate you...
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

You mean what I was literally just saying about Dallas' best chance?
                        Stfu Dezz, I hate you...
                        Can I make fun of MH in peace?? Jeeez

Comment

Can I make fun of MH in peace?? Jeeez
                          Not while quoting my post like youre talking to me, ****face
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Not everyone is the NY Giants....and can walk into Lambeau in frigid tundra conditions and manhandle the Packers. Peppers with 3 sacks on the day, Romo gets injured at some point during the game as per usual.
                            I also like Matthews as a run defender, so we'll see what happens. But I still like GB in this game.

The only team Dallas can shoot with in the NFC is Carolina, and well....they play Seattle...so....
                            this right here.....I hope its 40 below...I'll be rooting for GB.....no way I'm rooting for Dallas... ain't happening

I almost forgot I hope the heat is broke down in Jerry's club house seats
                            Last edited by byron; 01-05-2015, 01:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                              this right here.....I hope its 40 below...I'll be rooting for GB.....no way I'm rooting for Dallas... ain't happening

I almost forgot I hope the heat is broke down in Jerry's club house seats
                              I wouldnt even root for Dallas if they were playing the Taliban
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• On that awkward note....I'm going to lunch. be back in a bit =P
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Working...
                                X