This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
    I apply for things within my company just to interview for them. I charm my way into certain roles, that way when I apply for something I WANT, they remember me, and I get it.
    Kinda like Raffi, in "The League"....
    "Oh....I roofied like 15 different drinks. It's a numbers game really..."
    And they think " this guy has applied for everything, he a joke"

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      And they think " this guy has applied for everything, he a joke"
      lol, trust me, I've weighed the pros and cons.
      It's already worked to some degree actually. I've managed to get onto the company project team for our entire Core Conversion. I know you dont care what that is, but it's a big deal here, and it puts me in meetings with "the brass" constantly, which is a MUST for recognition, career wise....
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

I apply for things within my company just to interview for them. I charm my way into certain roles, that way when I apply for something I WANT, they remember me, and I get it.
        Kinda like Raffi, in "The League"....
        "Oh....I roofied like 15 different drinks. It's a numbers game really..."
        Well that sounds reasonable

Comment

• Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
          Well that sounds reasonable
          Exactly.

You're learning!
          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Getting really tired of the Suh threads.....

It's just not reasonable to expect us to shell out the biggest defensive contract ever. Im tired of reading about it....well, id ont READ them, but i'm tired of SEEING the thread titles lol
            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Getting really tired of the Suh threads.....

It's just not reasonable to expect us to shell out the biggest defensive contract ever. Im tired of reading about it....well, id ont READ them, but i'm tired of SEEING the thread titles lol
              Wouldnt mind him. Reese will give him a reasonable offer, I doubt hell bite unless he reall wants to play in NY like he said earlier in the year.

Comment

Very much so.
                I mean, if they wanted to look into this, it'd be very simple. Is there evidence? photos or something? if so, that's pretty bad in regards to the conduct of a supposedly impartial NFL referee, so there should be reprocussions. So then the question would be what is the penalty if any?
                BUT....the NFL doesn't care about it's finished product, just the income.

Shouldn't the NFL NOT like Dallas? Aren't they the only team that doesn't participate in profit sharing?
                Well wouldnt there need to be a federal investigation at that point since it could be point shaving/ fixing type deal
                "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
                - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

Getting really tired of the Suh threads.....

Jerry tried spending huge money on Haynesworth and Suh is way better
                  "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
                  - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

• Originally posted by gurujot View Post
                    Jerry tried spending huge money on Haynesworth and Suh is way better
                    I think it'd be financially crippling when we have so many other needs to be addressed. Let's say we DO find our next left tackle soon, and that person ends up being great....those dont exactly come cheap.
                    It's not just 1 year we look at....we look down the road. Where we have to get a future QB...where we have to keep Beckham.
                    We havent even resigned Prince yet! He's going to make 7 million this year because of the way his '15 option was structured. I think we'd want to keep DRC also. Are we keeping JPP?
                    We're also going to have a slightly high pick 1st rounder this year which gets paid more than someone drafted at say pick 20 or something...so....lots of money to be divided up.....it's not as easy as giving out the biggest defensive contract ever, just because we want a player. Now, if the best LT in the league was hitting the open market....well then ****, lets do that....but that's not what's happening

why did I type all this??
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

I think it'd be financially crippling when we have so many other needs to be addressed. Let's say we DO find our next left tackle soon, and that person ends up being great....those dont exactly come cheap.
                      It's not just 1 year we look at....we look down the road. Where we have to get a future QB...where we have to keep Beckham.
                      We havent even resigned Prince yet! He's going to make 7 million this year because of the way his '15 option was structured. I think we'd want to keep DRC also. Are we keeping JPP?
                      We're also going to have a slightly high pick 1st rounder this year which gets paid more than someone drafted at say pick 20 or something...so....lots of money to be divided up.....it's not as easy as giving out the biggest defensive contract ever, just because we want a player. Now, if the best LT in the league was hitting the open market....well then ****, lets do that....but that's not what's happening

Beattys not going anywhere unfortunately. I dont see us keeping JPP if we land Suh so its kind of pointless imo.
                      But yea, lots of Giants will be looking for big money in the future.

Comment

Shouldn't the NFL NOT like Dallas? Aren't they the only team that doesn't participate in profit sharing?
                        Um....What in God's name are you talking about?
                        Every team participates the same...it's in the league charter.
                        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

most FA's cost to much money if they don't there's a reason injury prone ,over the hill or some other **** ...they need to build this team through the draft and stop with the GD patch work .......imo the new CBA dictates it....you just got to hit ....you can lock this young kids up for 4 years pretty much on the cheap....the key ,KEY is to get them on the GD field asap....old school Tom is killing this team when it comes to the younger players......

Comment

Very much so.
                            I mean, if they wanted to look into this, it'd be very simple. Is there evidence? photos or something? if so, that's pretty bad in regards to the conduct of a supposedly impartial NFL referee, so there should be reprocussions. So then the question would be what is the penalty if any?
                            BUT....the NFL doesn't care about it's finished product, just the income.

I think they do their own or some of their own merchandising that's all I've ever heard
                            Last edited by byron; 01-06-2015, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                              most FA's cost to much money if they don't there's a reason injury prone ,over the hill or some other **** ...they need to build this team through the draft and stop with the GD patch work .......imo the new CBA dictates it....you just got to hit ....you can lock this young kids up for 4 years pretty much on the cheap....the key ,KEY is to get them on the GD field asap....old school Tom is killing this team when it comes to the younger players......
                              Unfortunately when you essentially give a HC a "win now or else" ultimatum, he is motivated to bring in older players to try to win next year. Just like we did this year.
                              Don't forget we were the second oldest team in the NFL in 2014. That trend will certainly continue.

Play younger guys?....NOW. Not happening with our old, broken down HC.
                              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                                Unfortunately when you essentially give a HC a "win now or else" ultimatum, he is motivated to bring in older players to try to win next year. Just like we did this year.
                                Don't forget we were the second oldest team in the NFL in 2014. That trend will certainly continue.

Play younger guys?....NOW. Not happening with our old, broken down HC.
                                I think thats a bit misleading. Who besides Eli and Rolle and Kiwi(who likely wont be here next season) are over 30?

Comment

Working...
                                X