Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Young o line, young d line, young wrs...

    Comment


    • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      I think thats a bit misleading. Who besides Eli and Rolle and Kiwi(who likely wont be here next season) are over 30?
      Check out the SB champs. team is run by a bunch of 2nd, 3rd and 4th year players.
      Young, hungry, WELL COACHED players.
      Ours are old, stuffed and have no clue.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        Unfortunately when you essentially give a HC a "win now or else" ultimatum, he is motivated to bring in older players to try to win next year. Just like we did this year.
        Don't forget we were the second oldest team in the NFL in 2014. That trend will certainly continue.

        Play younger guys?....NOW. Not happening with our old, broken down HC.
        he's holding this team over a barrel

        Comment


        • Originally posted by byron View Post
          he's holding this team over a barrel
          This is all on Mr.Mara. He's allowed this to happen.
          Should have cut ties after 2013 when the timing was perfect.
          Now we are a team is constant limbo. We aren't building towards anything at all.
          I wouldn't be shocked to see Kiwi out there at LDE week 1.
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            Check out the SB champs. team is run by a bunch of 2nd, 3rd and 4th year players.
            Young, hungry, WELL COACHED players.
            Ours are old, stuffed and have no clue.
            Now you sound like Pizz. Name names!
            Whos too old?

            We have plenty of young players. Look at both lines, the Wrs, Williams, Prince, Brown, Kennard.....
            Plenty of youth.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
              Now you sound like Pizz. Name names!
              Whos too old?

              We have plenty of young players. Look at both lines, the Wrs, Williams, Prince, Brown, Kennard.....
              Plenty of youth.
              Instead of putting Corey Washington on the field, he brings in a guy off the street and HE gets the playing time.
              Instead of Moore, we got Kiwi. Instead of Kennard, we got Beason, then Hertz.

              Every team has "young players" but our guy has a problem with doing what Mr. Mara said we needed to do...."put them on the filed and allow them to fail"

              That's how Seattle got to where they are. These guys got experience early in their careers. TC is one of those old style guys who thinks players need to "wait their turn" like they are running for the GOP nomination for God's sake.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

              Comment


              • Will never understand why you waste your time with a TC nuthugger.

                Might as well argue with a newborn.
                Mood: WOOF!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                  Will never understand why you waste your time with a TC nuthugger.

                  Might as well argue with a newborn.
                  TCHOF=Dezz
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                    Instead of putting Corey Washington on the field, he brings in a guy off the street and HE gets the playing time.
                    Instead of Moore, we got Kiwi. Instead of Kennard, we got Beason, then Hertz.

                    Every team has "young players" but our guy has a problem with doing what Mr. Mara said we needed to do...."put them on the filed and allow them to fail"

                    That's how Seattle got to where they are. These guys got experience early in their careers. TC is one of those old style guys who thinks players need to "wait their turn" like they are running for the GOP nomination for God's sake.
                    good stuff.... plus you add in the fact there is no contact in practice.... how the hell do you get these guys ready to step up when needed....which they are every year because of these broken down vets....this so ****ing useless TC is not going to wake up or change

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      Instead of putting Corey Washington on the field, he brings in a guy off the street and HE gets the playing time.
                      Instead of Moore, we got Kiwi. Instead of Kennard, we got Beason, then Hertz.

                      Every team has "young players" but our guy has a problem with doing what Mr. Mara said we needed to do...."put them on the filed and allow them to fail"

                      That's how Seattle go to where they are. These guys got experience early in their careers. TC is one of those old style guys who thinks players need to "wait their turn" like they are running for the GOP nomination for God's sake.
                      I find the Washington commotion hilarious. The kid obviously isnt good. He was given plenty of opportunities and didnt produce. Hes 5th string for a reason.lol Coaches see him every day in practice.
                      Youre right about Kiwi.
                      Beason is a solid player. You could see the difference he made when he first got here.
                      You say TC is one of those old style guys that thinks players need to wait their turn but in your previous post you say he played a lot of young players in 07......Youre rusty old man.

                      How annoyed was TC with little baby ODBs hammy?

                      This whole thing is a myth.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                        This is all on Mr.Mara. He's allowed this to happen.
                        Should have cut ties after 2013 when the timing was perfect.
                        Now we are a team is constant limbo. We aren't building towards anything at all.
                        I wouldn't be shocked to see Kiwi out there at LDE week 1.
                        perhaps.... I still think they had/have a plan for Mac...and wanted/hoped a couple years under TC he'd be ready to step up ...plus giving him two years to get this offence going good

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                          I think it'd be financially crippling when we have so many other needs to be addressed. Let's say we DO find our next left tackle soon, and that person ends up being great....those dont exactly come cheap.
                          It's not just 1 year we look at....we look down the road. Where we have to get a future QB...where we have to keep Beckham.
                          We havent even resigned Prince yet! He's going to make 7 million this year because of the way his '15 option was structured. I think we'd want to keep DRC also. Are we keeping JPP?
                          We're also going to have a slightly high pick 1st rounder this year which gets paid more than someone drafted at say pick 20 or something...so....lots of money to be divided up.....it's not as easy as giving out the biggest defensive contract ever, just because we want a player. Now, if the best LT in the league was hitting the open market....well then ****, lets do that....but that's not what's happening

                          why did I type all this??
                          Eli has 4 years left, guys like him dont come around often so it should all be about making as big of a push as possible while hes still here for the next 3-4 years. The probability that we get a QB as good as Eli anytime close to after he retires is low.
                          "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
                          - Marshawn Lynch

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                            I find the Washington commotion hilarious. The kid obviously isnt good. He was given plenty of opportunities and didnt produce. Hes 5th string for a reason.lol Coaches see him every day in practice.
                            Youre right about Kiwi.
                            Beason is a solid player. You could see the difference he made when he first got here.
                            You say TC is one of those old style guys that thinks players need to wait their turn but in your previous post you say he played a lot of young players in 07......Youre rusty old man.

                            How annoyed was TC with little baby ODBs hammy?

                            This whole thing is a myth.
                            come on man ...the Washington convo is to make a point about how he doesn't utilize the young players well ...Beason may well be a solid player BUT he is always hurt Dezz....and I think he totally sucks in coverage not to mention he takes terrible angles on strung out running plays....

                            add that all together he ****ing sucks
                            Last edited by byron; 01-06-2015, 02:27 PM.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by byron View Post
                              come on man ...the Washington convo is to make a point about how he doesn't utilize the young players well ...Beason may well be a solid player BUT he is always hurt Dezz....and I think he totally sucks in coverage not to mention he takes terrible angles on strung out running plays....
                              I understand completely but in my opinion its ridiculous. Again, he had plenty of opportunities this year and didnt really show anything.

                              What about ODB, Williams, Berhe got some time, Bromely got time, Richburg, Wynn. Every rookie got playing time this year. All of them.
                              Its a myth!!!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by gurujot View Post
                                Eli has 4 years left, guys like him dont come around often so it should all be about making as big of a push as possible while hes still here for the next 3-4 years. The probability that we get a QB as good as Eli anytime close to after he retires is low.
                                I agree 100%, but that doesn't mean you can sign a guy like Suh to an 8 year contract worth more than a lot of QBs make JUST BECAUSE he's good and we want him. It's dumb. It's financially irresponsible to do so in a league with a cap.
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

                                It's too bad, I'm too good....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X