This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    I understand completely but in my opinion its ridiculous. Again, he had plenty of opportunities this year and didnt really show anything.

What about ODB, Williams, Berhe got some time, Bromely got time, Richburg, Wynn. Every rookie got playing time this year. All of them.
    Its a myth!!!
    You realize that all those guys other than ODB and Richburg only got play time because injuries forced Coughlin's hand, right? It was a good draft for us, we got 4-5 rounds worth of good value, but, TC wouldn't have played any of those guys if he didn't have to
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

I think thats a bit misleading. Who besides Eli and Rolle and Kiwi(who likely wont be here next season) are over 30?
      Misleading? All they do is average out the ages of all the players. that's a pretty easy thing to do, Dezz....lol
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
        I agree 100%, but that doesn't mean you can sign a guy like Suh to an 8 year contract worth more than a lot of QBs make JUST BECAUSE he's good and we want him. It's dumb. It's financially irresponsible to do so in a league with a cap.
        Hes gonna get similar to Gerald McCoy, its probably gonna be 6 or 7 for 90 and a lot of that can be backloaded turned into signing bonuses to a point where the cap catches up to the increasing salaries because of how much money the league is making. Just think about how much extra revenue the league will generate if the Rams do move back to LA.
        "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
        - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

I understand completely but in my opinion its ridiculous. Again, he had plenty of opportunities this year and didnt really show anything.

What about ODB, Williams, Berhe got some time, Bromely got time, Richburg, Wynn. Every rookie got playing time this year. All of them.
          Its a myth!!!
          I agree with you about Washington, he produced while playing against guys who arent even on practice squads for the most part, plus he had a NFL level back up throwing the ball to him which was even more of an advantage over those 5 stringer he was up against.
          - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

I find the Washington commotion hilarious. The kid obviously isnt good. He was given plenty of opportunities and didnt produce. Hes 5th string for a reason.lol Coaches see him every day in practice.
            Youre right about Kiwi.
            Beason is a solid player. You could see the difference he made when he first got here.
            You say TC is one of those old style guys that thinks players need to wait their turn but in your previous post you say he played a lot of young players in 07......Youre rusty old man.

How annoyed was TC with little baby ODBs hammy?

This whole thing is a myth.
            Then why was he on the team? TC said he plays poorly on ST's.
            To bring a guy in during the season from the street and play him in front of a kid who was with the team all year AND produced in the pre season is ridiculous.
            And it addresses the essence of Tom Coughlin. Play a veteran over a young player no matter what. Don't let the kid get experience. Don't look for creative ways where he can help the team. Just let the kid ride the pine. Let Moore ride the pine. Let Ayers ride the pine. Let Kennard ride the pine. And if they express frustration in the media....don't even dress them.

**** the young players! That's TC.
            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

You realize that all those guys other than ODB and Richburg only got play time because injuries forced Coughlin's hand, right? It was a good draft for us, we got 4-5 rounds worth of good value, but, TC wouldn't have played any of those guys if he didn't have to
              Precisely. and how well did our team do when they DID get their chance?

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                Then why was he on the team? TC said he plays poorly on ST's.
                To bring a guy in during the season from the street and play him in front of a kid who was with the team all year AND produced in the pre season is ridiculous.
                And it addresses the essence of Tom Coughlin. Play a veteran over a young player no matter what. Don't let the kid get experience. Don't look for creative ways where he can help the team. Just let the kid ride the pine. Let Moore ride the pine. Let Ayers ride the pine. Let Kennard ride the pine. And if they express frustration in the media....don't even dress them.

**** the young players! That's TC.
                You keep some guys on the roster as project type players who you hope to develop with time. Moore makes a lot of mistakes which is why he rides the pine and Ayers was always in the rotation while he was healthy. Most teams dont evaluate players during the regular season the only guys that are ever on the field are the ones who perform well at practice and thats for every team.
                - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

Why would we need to play those guys if the starters are healthy??? lmao
                  the only back up that was better than the starter was Moore and kiwi. lol
                  give me a friggin break.

Maybe next year if you guys are lucky well start Washington over Cruz. hahahahahahaaa

Comment

Misleading? All they do is average out the ages of all the players. that's a pretty easy thing to do, Dezz....lol
                    Reread my post, both lines a very young as are a number of other key positions. we only have 3 players over 30. I dont think age is holding this team back

a poor defensive scheme is.

Comment

Why would we need to play those guys if the starters are healthy??? lmao
                      the only back up that was better than the starter was Moore and kiwi. lol
                      give me a friggin break.

Maybe next year if you guys are lucky well start Washington over Cruz. hahahahahahaaa
                      I'll just take Washington over Ogeltree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                        I'll just take Washington over Ogeltree.
                        Based on what? Why?

Comment

• Originally posted by gurujot View Post
                          You keep some guys on the roster as project type players who you hope to develop with time. Moore makes a lot of mistakes which is why he rides the pine and Ayers was always in the rotation while he was healthy. Most teams dont evaluate players during the regular season the only guys that are ever on the field are the ones who perform well at practice and thats for every team.
                          I won't doubt your're right but how the **** do you evaluate players with no pads no contact practice and how do you bring these projects along......just wondering

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                            Will never understand why you waste your time with a TC nuthugger.

Might as well argue with a newborn.
                            Cause youre not a skilled debater.

Comment

• Im a masterdebater

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                                I won't doubt your're right but how the **** do you evaluate players with no pads no contact practice and how do you bring these projects along......just wondering
                                Wrs are Tom specialty.
                                Just like how you can read a labs body language. haha Hes been doing it for so long its second nature.

Comment

Working...
                                X