X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Suits is back this Wednesday.
    I still need to watch the first half of this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
      Yup. Even if his hammy is never 100% again, whatever it is now is certainly enough to dominate in the NFL.

While I like more humble people, so long as he's performing at a high enough level to back up his talk, I don't really care. At least so long as he isn't doing anything too classless, which I really haven't seen from him.
      yea im the same way. I dont care what he thinks of himself so long as he isn't being a headache lol
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

I still need to watch the first half of this season.
        Tbh, it's getting kind of weak, but I'll still be watching the entire way. I just started watching The Good Wife. That's a badass show, too.
        My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• 3100 flights cancelled to and from NY so far.
          1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

Suits is back this Wednesday.
            I'm more anticipating Game of Thrones, & Vikings, tbh....I think Suits already reached it's peak. Guess we'll see
            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Tbh, it's getting kind of weak, but I'll still be watching the entire way. I just started watching The Good Wife. That's a badass show, too.
              The Good Wife is a pretty decent show. I was kind of surprised by that. I thought it was going to be more soap operatic, like a Grey's Anatomy but with lawyers.

Sucks that Suits is getting weak, but I'd imagine it's difficult to sustain the kind of steam they had going over the first 3 seasons without it getting worn out. Hopefully, it'll just lull out for a season or two before they can get a fresh angle.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                I'm more anticipating Game of Thrones, & Vikings, tbh....I think Suits already reached it's peak. Guess we'll see
                Never saw Vikings. I need to get my hands on GoT, though. Only watched the first 2 seasons. Hard to believe, I know.

Comment

The Good Wife is a pretty decent show. I was kind of surprised by that. I thought it was going to be more soap operatic, like a Grey's Anatomy but with lawyers.

Sucks that Suits is getting weak, but I'd imagine it's difficult to sustain the kind of steam they had going over the first 3 seasons without it getting worn out. Hopefully, it'll just lull out for a season or two before they can get a fresh angle.
                  I think the problem with Suits was that as the viewer we were TOLD that the biggest plot was Mike's secret....and in reality (well for me anyway), the main "case" plots were always more interesting to me. The stuff that involved Harvey and the firm, that is.
                  So then we had this rather anticlimatic climax of season 3(?) and last year felt like filler.
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Never saw Vikings. I need to get my hands on GoT, though. Only watched the first 2 seasons. Hard to believe, I know.
                    Vikings is cool. It's very....different.
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

I think the problem with Suits was that as the viewer we were TOLD that the biggest plot was Mike's secret....and in reality (well for me anyway), the main "case" plots were always more interesting to me. The stuff that involved Harvey and the firm, that is.
                      So then we had this rather anticlimatic climax of season 3(?) and last year felt like filler.
                      Yeah. And there's just only so many times and ways in which Mike can almost be found out before it just becomes a trite plot connivance.

And even with all the power play stuff within the firm, there's only so much big drama you can do before it starts gets stale. Like I said, I still haven't seen the first half of S4, but so long as it remains a well written and acted show, I'll still watch even if isn't quite as good as the first couple of seasons.

Comment

• David Simon, the guy who created "The Wire", "Treme", and one of my favorites: the mini-series "Generation:Kill", all on HBO.....has a new HBO mini-series coming out this year called "Show me a Hero", about the public housing desegregation in 1980's Yonkers. It's an interesting topic to say the least, and knowing the track record, should be a very good show.

I'm reading this article, and its bizarre. This guy has never gotten good ratings. Nobody EVER watched his shows while they were on the air. They all just became extremely popular AFTER the fact, and HBO just keeps letting him make shows lol
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Yeah. And there's just only so many times and ways in which Mike can almost be found out before it just becomes a trite plot connivance.

And even with all the power play stuff within the firm, there's only so much big drama you can do before it starts gets stale. Like I said, I still haven't seen the first half of S4, but so long as it remains a well written and acted show, I'll still watch even if isn't quite as good as the first couple of seasons.
                          Yes, it's still well written. It's just that the story doesn't seem as exciting anymore. Hopefully they give us back some of that season 1-2 magic!! lol
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

David Simon, the guy who created "The Wire", "Treme", and one of my favorites: the mini-series "Generation:Kill", all on HBO.....has a new HBO mini-series coming out this year called "Show me a Hero", about the public housing desegregation in 1980's Yonkers. It's an interesting topic to say the least, and knowing the track record, should be a very good show.

I'm reading this article, and its bizarre. This guy has never gotten good ratings. Nobody EVER watched his shows while they were on the air. They all just became extremely popular AFTER the fact, and HBO just keeps letting him make shows lol
                            That's the good thing about HBO. Shows aren't as dependent upon ratings, seeing as it's a subscription service. So long as the cost isn't out of control and subs are still good, they can let poorly rated, yet critically acclaimed shows, etc. get aired. Hell, GoT is the most pirated show in the world, and HBO hardly cares.

Comment

That's the good thing about HBO. Shows aren't as dependent upon ratings, seeing as it's a subscription service. So long as the cost isn't out of control and subs are still good, they can let poorly rated, yet critically acclaimed shows, etc. get aired. Hell, GoT is the most pirated show in the world, and HBO hardly cares.
                              Yea, but its also annoying that a lot of GOOD hbo shows were cancelled after 1 or 2 seasons, yet awful shows like "Hung" or "True Blood" can run for however long they did.
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Yea, but its also annoying that a lot of GOOD hbo shows were cancelled after 1 or 2 seasons, yet awful shows like "Hung" or "True Blood" can run for however long they did.
                                True, true.

Comment

Working...
                                X