This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
    Yea, but its also annoying that a lot of GOOD hbo shows were cancelled after 1 or 2 seasons, yet awful shows like "Hung" or "True Blood" can run for however long they did.
    I'll be honest...I think HBO is horrible. Showtime is head and shoulders better.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      I'll be honest...I think HBO is horrible. Showtime is head and shoulders better.
      Ive only watched one of Showtimes shows all the way through which was Dexter and it kinda fizzled out near the end. The other shows Ive tried haven't been able impress me as much as most of the HBO shows Ive watched.
      "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
      - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
        That's the good thing about HBO. Shows aren't as dependent upon ratings, seeing as it's a subscription service. So long as the cost isn't out of control and subs are still good, they can let poorly rated, yet critically acclaimed shows, etc. get aired. Hell, GoT is the most pirated show in the world, and HBO hardly cares.
        My only gripe with HBO is that the last season of their shows is always only 8 episodes which ends up rushing the final season along instead of having the same pace that the rest of the series.
        - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

• Originally posted by gurujot View Post
          Ive only watched one of Showtimes shows all the way through which was Dexter and it kinda fizzled out near the end. The other shows Ive tried haven't been able impress me as much as most of the HBO shows Ive watched.
          Homeland is tremendous. I also love House Of Lies.
          Plus their movies are SO much better than HBO.

Comment

Homeland is tremendous. I also love House Of Lies.
            Plus their movies are SO much better than HBO.
            Ill agree with you that HBOs movies are weak, but Homeland kinda started sucking after a while. The Americans is a much better show.
            - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

Ill agree with you that HBOs movies are weak, but Homeland kinda started sucking after a while. The Americans is a much better show.
              I thought Homeland was great this year, but I did think the last episode was a let down.
              I have heard the The Americans is great and I'd like to start watching that.

Comment

They flip flop back and forth regularly. 3-4 years ago, you were 100% correct, and I would have probably stated that myself because I liked most of the Showtime shows. But the HBO went nuts and got Game of Thrones, and Newsroom, True Detectives, Veep, Silicon Valley...

Overall, Showtime still prob has better programming simply because they have MORE programming. But now that Californication is over, for me it's really only Homeland. Ray Donovan I never really got into, and Shameless got so dumb that I stopped watching mid S3....same with House of Lies....idk, I'm kinda over Showtime other than Homeland.
                Last edited by JPizzack; 01-26-2015, 02:32 PM.
                Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

My only gripe with HBO is that the last season of their shows is always only 8 episodes which ends up rushing the final season along instead of having the same pace that the rest of the series.
                  that's USUALLY because they were already supposed to be cancelled, but HBO crumbled to fan demands. That's kinda what happened to Newsroom actually.
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• The best TV station overall has to be FX. They have one of the strongest lineups, theres always at least one or two shows worth watching on the channel year round.
                    - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

They flip flop back and forth regularly. 3-4 years ago, you were 100% correct, and I would have probably stated that myself because I liked most of the Showtime shows. But the HBO went nuts and got Game of Thrones, and Newsroom, True Detectives, Veep, Silicon Valley...

Overall, Showtime still prob has better programming simply because they have MORE programming. But now that Californication is over, for me it's really only Homeland. Ray Donovan I never really got into, and Shameless got so dumb that I stopped watching mid S3....same with House of Lies....idk, I'm kinda over Showtime other than Homeland.
                      Your forgetting Boardwalk Empire on your list of recent HBO shows
                      - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

that's USUALLY because they were already supposed to be cancelled, but HBO crumbled to fan demands. That's kinda what happened to Newsroom actually.

I think its just their rule. Boardwalk was pretty popular as far as I know but it only went 8 because thats how HBO rolls
                        - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

The best TV station overall has to be FX. They have one of the strongest lineups, theres always at least one or two shows worth watching on the channel year round.
                          for the price, ya really can't beat it! haha
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

I think its just their rule. Boardwalk was pretty popular as far as I know but it only went 8 because thats how HBO rolls
                            show was whaaaaaack
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Your forgetting Boardwalk Empire on your list of recent HBO shows
                              No....I didn't....lol
                              I felt that like that would be counterproductive to my argument
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Reading this article about the Patriots draft history...[pretty cool. but 2 things have stood out in the opening paragraphs:

"Bad teams spend heavily in free agency and hold on to their players out of nostalgia far too long"

"Perhaps the most common characteristic of bad organizations is that they make a habit of giving away draft picks to trade up and acquire a player with an earlier selection. It’s almost always a strong sign that they simply don’t understand the game at hand. The evidence suggests the NFL draft is most likely a crapshoot, so even if your team’s draft board has a first-round grade on a player left in the middle of the second round, chances are that the rest of the league is right and you’re wrong. Teams do trade up and succeed, of course, in the same way that a drunk blackjack player hits on 16 against a five and wins sometimes, but it’s not an optimal strategy."
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Working...
                                X