Clear All

• Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
    As Bill O'Reilly would say, you're all a bunch of stoned slackers
    Agreed.
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      Youre working? That blows.
      lol we never close, bro.....I think the only business on this road that is open is the Subway across the street. But that's because the family who owns it also owns the apartment above it so they just stayed there aparently.
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Only got an inch or two up in Albany. At least so far. Unfortunately, even if we got 2 feet of snow, I cannot call in because of snow. I can actually get written up for it and possibly fired for it. It'll probably have to wait until a non-essential personnel gets into a serious accident in the poor weather for the director of the hospital to change that rule. I mean, I can understand saying that ER/Inpatient/On Call personnel need to show up if there's a foot of snow, but 90% of the patients in the outpatient clinics cancel if there's even a rumor of a storm. It's nearly pointless for us to be here on days like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
          Only got an inch or two up in Albany. At least so far. Unfortunately, even if we got 2 feet of snow, I cannot call in because of snow. I can actually get written up for it and possibly fired for it. It'll probably have to wait until a non-essential personnel gets into a serious accident in the poor weather for the director of the hospital to change that rule. I mean, I can understand saying that ER/Inpatient/On Call personnel need to show up if there's a foot of snow, but 90% of the patients in the outpatient clinics cancel if there's even a rumor of a storm. It's nearly pointless for us to be here on days like that.
          I know a couple nurses here in Dutchess that are fuming because they were mandated into doubles, so that coverage didnt feel obligated to come in during the snow, and then the weather wasnt that bad and those other people already didnt have to come in or whatever. So it was like a double shift for no reason.
          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• I hope you guys are staying warm and safe back east.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by SG88 View Post
              I hope you guys are staying warm and safe back east.
              its not too bad. Media is making it sound worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
                As Bill O'Reilly would say, you're all a bunch of stoned slackers
                haha hes such an *** hole. Its great.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                  I know a couple nurses here in Dutchess that are fuming because they were mandated into doubles, so that coverage didnt feel obligated to come in during the snow, and then the weather wasnt that bad and those other people already didnt have to come in or whatever. So it was like a double shift for no reason.
                  I'd be pissed about that, too. But, at my facility, they wouldn't have even mandated the doubles... They just would have made the other shift come in no matter what, lol.

I remember one storm last winter where they made everyone in my clinic area come in for one patient. Everyone else had cancelled. So, they made 4 clerks, 5 LPNs, 4 RNs, and 5 MDs come in to see ONE patient and field maybe 20 phone calls all day.

Government efficiency at its best.

Comment

• Originally posted by SG88 View Post
                    I hope you guys are staying warm and safe back east.
                    what the hell G?..........
                    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

got about the same.
                      WTF? I got about a foot and half.

Comment

• Originally posted by gurujot View Post
                        So my dad found my stash and it was within a foot of his face and he didn't realize because he was so preoccupied with trying to to get me to clean my room. It was in a "vacuum" seal jar inside a ziplock bag yet it still kinda smelled but he completely missed it before I was able to conceal it back up.

How old is your Dad? I'm guessing he didn't miss it at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                          WTF? I got about a foot and half.
                          We were supposed to get 18" and ended up getting about 8".
                          But everything is closed because businesses thought it would be worse and told their employees to stay home.
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

its not too bad. Media is making it sound worse.
                            Especially out here. They're acting like you guys are going through the storm of the century.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Just heard from my son in Albany. Only about 2 inches..not bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                                We were supposed to get 18" and ended up getting about 8".
                                But everything is closed because businesses thought it would be worse and told their employees to stay home.

Yup - us too; I'm working from home and just got in from helping the boys shovel the walks and dig out the cars. My part of LI got more than the city etc..

Comment

Working...
                                X