• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
    How old are you?
    Im horrible with phones.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      Yea I herd they made LBJ seem like he couldnt be bothered with civil rights. And Im sure their interpretation of King was way off as well.
      The left always seem to forget he was conservative.
      Nooooo. I havent seen it yet, but the article says it definitely painted them both on the same side, which historically speaking, they were.
      I think it was one scene of the movie where they showed LBJ getting Hoover involved in blackmail, which nobody actually knows if it was LBJ who started that. But they also showed it as a weak moment where he crumbled because he didnt get his way?
      Idk....touchy story I suppose. I just dont think it's a big deal because...well....it's a movie. lol
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
        Nooooo. I havent seen it yet, but the article says it definitely painted them both on the same side, which historically speaking, they were.
        I think it was one scene of the movie where they showed LBJ getting Hoover involved in blackmail, which nobody actually knows if it was LBJ who started that. But they also showed it as a weak moment where he crumbled because he didnt get his way?
        Idk....touchy story I suppose. I just dont think it's a big deal because...well....it's a movie. lol
        Well if historical inaccuracies are running rampant, I can see the outrage.
        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Well if historical inaccuracies are running rampant, I can see the outrage.
          lol, well I GUESS.....but again: it's a movie....not a PBS documentary
          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Pretty sure the FBI found out MLK had a mistress. Hoover had dirt on EVERYONE.

Comment

lol, well I GUESS.....but again: it's a movie....not a PBS documentary
              It's a movie based on historical events..

Comment

• Roast beef, melted chedder, bacon, bbq sauce, on a panini.

Comment

Pretty sure the FBI found out MLK had a mistress. Hoover had dirt on EVERYONE.
                  That's exactly what happened. But what's not public knowledge is whether LBJ ordered the blackmail (We know that Hoover offered various ways to "neutralize" MLK multiple times to LBJ), or whether it was Hoover acting on his own.
                  The movie portrays it the following way:
                  LBJ urges MLK not to stage the walk in alabama yet. He wants more time to pass before he pushes through the voting rights acts. MLK wants to strike while the iron is hot so to speak, because they've both done such a good job with the Civil Rights Act. MLK says they can't wait any longer, so LBJ orders Hoover to release whatever he has.

Regardless of what happened in reality, it's all very fascinating to me. I love history, and I love movies.
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

It's a movie based on historical events..
                    agreed
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Roast beef, melted chedder, bacon, bbq sauce, on a panini.
                      Gross.

Comment

agreed
                        I'm glad we agree.

Comment

Roast beef, melted chedder, bacon, bbq sauce, on a panini.
                          sounds like a "Cowboy" I think it's called.....or is that chicken? i forget. eitehr way, that's damn delicious!
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

I'm glad we agree.
                            You know what was also BASED on historical events?

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

There were plenty of historical events depicted in it. You know what wasn't historical? The vampires. lol
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Gross.
                              Did I mention it was toasted. mmmhhmygaahd.

Comment

You know what was also BASED on historical events?

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

There were plenty of historical events depicted in it. You know what wasn't historical? The vampires. lol
                                I think you misunderstood what I was trying to convey.

Comment

Working...
                                X