Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syracuse self-imposes post-season ban for past NCAA infractions....................in a season where they have no shot at a post-season anyway.
    WHAT A HARSH PUNISHMENT!!! Don't be so hard on yourself, 'Cuse! -____-
    classic.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• All 5 Atlanta Hawks starters named "Player of the Month" by the NBA, for the team being the first in history to go 17-0 in the span of a month.
      legit.
      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
        How does that make it irrational? You can still get in a plane accident and die, which can scare people, which incites fear.
        Yes, the actual chance of that happening is very slight..but that doesn't mean a fear of a very actual possible outcome is irrational.
        because there is no basis for it.

I'm getting on a plane in 4 hours (unfortunately) I'm much more afraid of the crazy Aruban cab driver.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I'm getting on a plane in 4 hours (unfortunately) I'm much more afraid of the crazy Aruban cab driver.
          I think people can fear things they dont have control over. I'm not afraid of driving. I'm the one driving. But, they cant help what happens on a plane. maybe there's something unsettling about it. Really not sure why we're discussing this. a lot of people are afraid to fly.
          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
            I think people can fear things they dont have control over. I'm not afraid of driving. I'm the one driving. But, they cant help what happens on a plane. maybe there's something unsettling about it. Really not sure why we're discussing this. a lot of people are afraid to fly.
            But that's still irrational.
            I don't like it when someone else drives, but I don't have a driving fear of it.
            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

But that's still irrational.
              I don't like it when someone else drives, but I don't have a driving fear of it.
              discussing why people are afraid of something is also fairly irrational. =]
              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Pizz said it best(give that man a cookie) People fear what they cant control.

Comment

There is a basis for it. Your fate is in the hands of someone else, if the plane goes down you will have little to no chance of surviving. 2014 was probably the worst year in terms of air travel disasters.

And there's no reason for fear of that? I get you aren't afraid, but to say it's irrational is wrong.
                  Mood: WOOF!

Comment

There is a basis for it. Your fate is in the hands of someone else, if the plane goes down you will have little to no chance of surviving. 2014 was probably the worst year in terms of air travel disasters.

And there's no reason for fear of that? I get you aren't afraid, but to say it's irrational is wrong.
                    When your driving your fate is also in the hands of other people, you have no idea what other people are thinking on the road. Heck even when you eat at McDonald's your fate is in the hands of another person because they could do something to your food. You just gotta let things be and not worry about stuff you can't control.
                    "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
                    - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

• Originally posted by gurujot View Post
                      When your driving your fate is also in the hands of other people, you have no idea what other people are thinking on the road. Heck even when you eat at McDonald's your fate is in the hands of another person because they could do something to your food. You just gotta let things be and not worry about stuff you can't control.
                      Correct, but I'm also much safer on the ground as opposed to 30,000 feet in the air.

As far as eating out, I've never had or experienced someone spitting in my food..so I'm not afraid or haven't developed a fear for that.

Comment

Correct, but I'm also much safer on the ground as opposed to 30,000 feet in the air.

As far as eating out, I've never had or experienced someone spitting in my food..so I'm not afraid or haven't developed a fear for that.
                        At 30000 feet there are far fewer idiots with acess to planes though.
                        - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

+10000

...when you're driving your fate is not in your hands at all....some drunken idiot driving a big car can kill you in an instant and you have no control over that. You can be walking on a sidewalk and slip and hit your head on the curb and die. You have no control ever, it all comes down to statistical and relative danger. And as for flying, that is extremely low compared to any other method of transportation.

But there are people who are afraid of clowns or spiders, so although I don't know how it feels, I understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
                            But there are people who are afraid of clowns or spiders, so although I don't know how it feels, I understand.
                            I used to to be really afraid of midgets. So I guess I'm really not the one to talk about about people's phobias. I'm over it now though.
                            - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

I used to to be really afraid of midgets. So I guess I'm really not the one to talk about about people's phobias. I'm over it now though.
                              Also, **** clowns.
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
                                +10000

...when you're driving your fate is not in your hands at all....some drunken idiot driving a big car can kill you in an instant and you have no control over that. You can be walking on a sidewalk and slip and hit your head on the curb and die. You have no control ever, it all comes down to statistical and relative danger. And as for flying, that is extremely low compared to any other method of transportation.

Those are phobias. Those fears are irrational.

Comment

Working...
                                X