This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gurujot View Post
    At 30000 feet there are far fewer idiots with acess to planes though.
    Still doesn't change the point.
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
      Still doesn't change the point.
      It really does. Crashes occur because two things are trying to simultaneously occupy the place at the same time. Planes never get nearly as close to each other as cars do. The only other way a plane crashes is some type of engine problem which is unlikely because of how well they're made and maintained. Your car is far more likely to fail than a plane.
      "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
      - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

It really does. Crashes occur because two things are trying to simultaneously occupy the place at the same time. Planes never get nearly as close to each other as cars do. The only other way a plane crashes is some type of engine problem which is unlikely because of how well they're made and maintained. Your car is far more likely to fail than a plane.
        I know WHY planes don't crash often enough and why cars do. You're again completely missing the point.
        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
          +10000

...when you're driving your fate is not in your hands at all....some drunken idiot driving a big car can kill you in an instant and you have no control over that. You can be walking on a sidewalk and slip and hit your head on the curb and die. You have no control ever, it all comes down to statistical and relative danger. And as for flying, that is extremely low compared to any other method of transportation.

But there are people who are afraid of clowns or spiders, so although I don't know how it feels, I understand.
          You DO have some control when youre driving your car. More of an illusion of control I guess.

Comment

Gahd Damn geese.

Comment

• Zippos are the greatest toy in the world for adults. Theyre so damn fun to play with.
              - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

Zippos are the greatest toy in the world for adults. Theyre so damn fun to play with.
                I have some really nice ones I've gotten as gifts, but I hardly ever use them because refilling them, and changing flints is annoying. Honestly, I feel like a 99cent Bic gets more than my money's worth lol
                Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• In a way, the off-season is kind of more merciful than the season....you can't really lose. I can't wait till this thing gets underway

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                    I have some really nice ones I've gotten as gifts, but I hardly ever use them because refilling them, and changing flints is annoying. Honestly, I feel like a 99cent Bic gets more than my money's worth lol
                    They're so clutch in the winter time that it's ok that they're expensive.using a bic on a cold windy day is such a hassle since you need to block the wind perfectly and strike that **** as your hands get super cold and less functional. If your joint goes out you gotta repeat the process.
                    - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

In a way, the off-season is kind of more merciful than the season....you can't really lose. I can't wait till this thing gets underway
                      The Browns have kinda lost the offseason this far, their "qb of the future" is in rehab. Their best offensive player suspended for the year and now they're gonna lose a pick because their gw was texting the coaches strategy during the game.
                      - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

• Morehead, you'll like this:

Spike Friedman of Grantland.com seems to think that 2 Championships in a row makes you a dynasty....so much so that he dedicated an entire article about heartbreaking losses following a championship year with: the 09-10 Celtics, the 01 Yankees, '11-12 Bayern Munich, '14 Seahawks

One of these things is not like the other!!!

The 01 Yankees WERE the tail end of what already WAS a TRUE DYNASTY!!! The others? Nah
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

The Browns have kinda lost the offseason this far, their "qb of the future" is in rehab. Their best offensive player suspended for the year and now they're gonna lose a pick because their gw was texting the coaches strategy during the game.
                          Yea but you can only "lose" the off-season during the regular season. As for the off-season itself, we're all winners (unless you do something flagrantly idiotic)

Comment

They're so clutch in the winter time that it's ok that they're expensive.using a bic on a cold windy day is such a hassle since you need to block the wind perfectly and strike that **** as your hands get super cold and less functional. If your joint goes out you gotta repeat the process.
                            true....though i'm not THAT kind of smoker lol
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

In a way, the off-season is kind of more merciful than the season....you can't really lose. I can't wait till this thing gets underway
                              With a team like ours, with upside and high ceiling, who had a bad record..... we probably CAN lose in the offseason if we don't address our needs.
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• I dont think the Hawks will be as dominate as they have been next year. Maybe a playoff team though.

Comment

Working...
                                X