This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
    Basketball isn't stupid. The NBA is stupid.

Baseball is flat out dumb.
    Its too sophisticated for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      Yeah, baseball is akin to the opera.

And by that, I mean, ****ing ******ed.
      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Sophisticated and boring.
        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• No meat today? F that noise.

Comment

• Baseball is on the lower end of the spectrum when it comes to how exciting a sport is. For the most part everybody is just standing around all game.
            "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
            - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

• I guess all the slow kids need lots of movement to keep their interest, my dogs the same way.

Comment

• For what it's worth, baseball is definitely not as fun coming out of the steroid era.
                Nooooooobody cares about Cy young winners and the fantastic seasons they have. It was more impressive when guys were doing it IN the steroid era lol.

We don't even have guys who are consistently dominant anymore. Even Cabrera had a "down year" in comparison to the rest of his career. Hamilton and Pujols are shells of their former selves. I don't know......it's def lost it's luster, for me anyway.

At least MLB > NBA, so it's got that going for it. But, hockey has moved into the 2nd spot for a lot of people I feel, even though the NHL is still kinda in comeback mode. We'll see how the next few years pan out for these leagues.
                Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                  For what it's worth, baseball is definitely not as fun coming out of the steroid era.
                  Nooooooobody cares about Cy young winners and the fantastic seasons they have. It was more impressive when guys were doing it IN the steroid era lol.

We don't even have guys who are consistently dominant anymore. Even Cabrera had a "down year" in comparison to the rest of his career. Hamilton and Pujols are shells of their former selves. I don't know......it's def lost it's luster, for me anyway.

At least MLB > NBA, so it's got that going for it. But, hockey has moved into the 2nd spot for a lot of people I feel, even though the NHL is still kinda in comeback mode. We'll see how the next few years pan out for these leagues.
                  Baseball was big up until the turn of the century. I feel like kids arent being groomed for it anymore. Maybe the whole steroid situation turned everyone off, maybe people didnt like seeing anyone other than the Yanks win....who knows
                  Hamiltons a junkie and I always had a feeling Pujols would break down early.
                  Yea Hockeys my number 2 too.

Comment

Baseball was big up until the turn of the century. I feel like kids arent being groomed for it anymore. Maybe the whole steroid situation turned everyone off, maybe people didnt like seeing anyone other than the Yanks win....who knows
                    Hamiltons a junkie and I always had a feeling Pujols would break down early.
                    Yea Hockeys my number 2 too.
                    Yea kids definitely aren't. It's mostly just Cuba and DR now for the most part.
                    Thinking about the kid argument though....it's really no wonder. Assuming you let your kids watch sports, and ask them what they want to play....it's really no wonder they don't want to stand around still on a field....and then sit on a bench for the other half of the whole game.

I quit playing baseball in little league, because EEEEEVERYONE wanted to be a pitcher as soon as we played in a league where you could. Problem was that everyone was ****ing terrible at pitching. So you'd get these kids who could prob throw 60 mph (which is really fast for a 13 year old or whatever age it was), but would bean you in the ****ing head 25% of the time. I remember constantly thinking, "this is normal?!?!"
                    The last straw was one game where the best kid on my team got hit in the neck on pitch, and I batted right after him and also got hit in the ****ing neck. Are you kidding?? who taught this kid how to throw?!
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• haha I used to get hit by pitches all the time, especially my left thigh. Kid that batted behind me wore glasses and got beamed in the face, broke his eye socket. My worst injury in baseball, I was stealing 2nd and the catcher made a horrible throw (pretty much right at me, 10 ft from second) and the second baseman (fat kid) charged at me/ ball to stop it from going into the outfield. As he got closer he saw I wasnt going to stop so he dropped his shoulder. I jumped over and his shoulder took my feet out. I did a complete flip but landed on my ankle bad. "whooaaah/ohhhhs" from the stands, got up quick and limped the rest of the way to second. good times.

Comment

Yea kids definitely aren't. It's mostly just Cuba and DR now for the most part.
                        Thinking about the kid argument though....it's really no wonder. Assuming you let your kids watch sports, and ask them what they want to play....it's really no wonder they don't want to stand around still on a field....and then sit on a bench for the other half of the whole game
                        This pretty much sums it up. The entire time anyone's playing baseball they're standing around or sitting on the bench waiting for their chance to bat.
                        "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
                        - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

• Originally posted by gurujot View Post
                          This pretty much sums it up. The entire time anyone's playing baseball they're standing around or sitting on the bench waiting for their chance to bat.
                          I actually DID like fielding. I played 3rd base though, so there was always something to do lol
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

I actually DID like fielding. I played 3rd base though, so there was always something to do lol
                            Yea I played 2nd a loved it. Its not "standing around doing nothing". Its paying attention to the pitch count, whos on base, where the plays going if its hit to you, is the runner on first going to steal?

Comment

• Sounds like a Rudy post.

Comment

• more Patriots posts in the General forum!!

<3
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Working...
                                X