Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    Eh, you have guys like Hopkins that will fight ANYONE. Guys almost 50 and still fighting. The sport needs more of them.

    I dont know, I can never get into MMA/UFC, too much rolling around on the floor and Im not a fan of the kicking. Dont get me wrong, if Im in a fight I'll drop kick someone like Rudy, but watching a fight on TV, meeeeh.
    lmao !!!!!
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

    Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

    Comment


    • 20% of suicides are linked to unemployment. Sad ( 40% are due to crazy wives...)
      1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

      Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

      Comment


      • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
        Eh, you have guys like Hopkins that will fight ANYONE. Guys almost 50 and still fighting. The sport needs more of them.

        I dont know, I can never get into MMA/UFC, too much rolling around on the floor and Im not a fan of the kicking. Dont get me wrong, if Im in a fight I'll drop kick someone like Rudy, but watching a fight on TV, meeeeh.
        I'm nota fan of MMA either....I just know that for the past 20 years or so, dodging fights is a HUGE reason boxing died off significantly. There were/are no marquee fighters who ever shared the ring. Not only does it mean you don't get huge publicity from fights, but it means you don't get any new up-and-comers recognized when they can knock off a "big name" guy.

        I mean, you gotta agree with me on this, right?? Wouldn't you prefer if it were more like sports where you are scheduled competition against EVERYONE?
        Oderint Dum Metuant

        It's too bad, I'm too good....

        Comment


        • MMA fighter make $$$$ peanuts. Sad
          1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

          Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

          Comment


          • Actually, can you imagine that?? Like, you get a license to box. You have to box a "randomly selected" opponent at minimum twice a year, or else you lose your license, and cant box for a year. idk...something like that. Forced competition would make for a much better sport.

            I mean....it's not like the Giants coulda been like "Nah...we're not playing the cowboys this year. Their run game is stacked, and that puts us at an unfair advantage" lol
            Oderint Dum Metuant

            It's too bad, I'm too good....

            Comment


            • Originally posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
              MMA fighter make $$$$ peanuts. Sad
              I read that CM Punk has his first UFC fight in the coming months. He's probably going to get destroyed by some random guy who is like 1-0, lol
              Oderint Dum Metuant

              It's too bad, I'm too good....

              Comment


              • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                You guys putting any stock in the mocks that have us taking Amari Cooper at 9??

                I mean, I just don't see it happening. Especially not if the best OL in the draft(Scherff) is still available, which he might be.

                Everyone keeps saying "don't rely on Cruz being healthy!!" which I agree.....so that means you draft a WR in the first round as insurance?!? THAT doesn't make much sense to me.
                Schreff is a gaurd in the nfl, taking a gaurd at 9 is a really dumb idea. All the pass rushers are 34 guys and won't work for us. We're pretty much left with Shelton possibly at dt, a project lt which there three of or on of the top 3 WRs
                "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
                - Marshawn Lynch

                Comment


                • Originally posted by gurujot View Post
                  Schreff is a gaurd in the nfl, taking a gaurd at 9 is a really dumb idea. All the pass rushers are 34 guys and won't work for us. We're pretty much left with Shelton possibly at dt, a project lt which there three of or on of the top 3 WRs
                  Every OT ever drafted seems to get the "he's just a guard in the NFL" treatment these days. He wouldn't be the best tackle in the class if he wasn't meant for the position.
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

                  It's too bad, I'm too good....

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                    Every OT ever drafted seems to get the "he's just a guard in the NFL" treatment these days. He wouldn't be the best tackle in the class if he wasn't meant for the position.
                    Any site that has him listed as the top tackle is garbage dudes a gaurd, not even a rt. Peat, Clemmings and Flowers are actual lt prospects that could get taken at 9.
                    "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
                    - Marshawn Lynch

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by gurujot View Post
                      Any site that has him listed as the top tackle is garbage dudes a gaurd, not even a rt. Peat, Clemmings and Flowers are actual lt prospects that could get taken at 9.
                      Kiper and McShay's mock drafts BOTH had him going to us at 9 actually....so.....those guys usually aren't TOO far off on their 2nd and 3rd mocks.
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

                      It's too bad, I'm too good....

                      Comment


                      • I'd actually really like Flowers, but not at 9. I'd say take him if we traded back, which seems to still be in the cards.
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

                        It's too bad, I'm too good....

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                          Kiper and McShay's mock drafts BOTH had him going to us at 9 actually....so.....those guys usually aren't TOO far off on their 2nd and 3rd mocks.
                          Those guys are both tools who are always off unless the guys like gaurunteed no. 1 pick. There's literaly so many other better draft guys in the internet.
                          "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
                          - Marshawn Lynch

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                            I'd actually really like Flowers, but not at 9. I'd say take him if we traded back, which seems to still be in the cards.
                            I like clemmings he has basketball athleticism and lt size
                            "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
                            - Marshawn Lynch

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by gurujot View Post
                              Those guys are both tools who are always off unless the guys like gaurunteed no. 1 pick. There's literaly so many other better draft guys in the internet.
                              call me crazy for not trusting your opinion. no offense.
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

                              It's too bad, I'm too good....

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                                call me crazy for not trusting your opinion. no offense.
                                Call me whatever you want but it's a pretty common opinion
                                "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
                                - Marshawn Lynch

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X