Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • When was the last time we traded down in the first round?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
      When was the last time we traded down in the first round?
      Never. It usually doesnt work of the teams that do trade down. Cleveland trade Julio Jones for what turned into Phil Taylor, Greg Little, and Brandon Weeden, but hey they traded down.
      "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
      - Marshawn Lynch

      Comment


      • Originally posted by gurujot View Post
        Never
        That's telling

        Comment


        • Originally posted by gurujot View Post
          Never. It usually doesnt work of the teams that do trade down. Cleveland trade Julio Jones for what turned into Phil Taylor, Greg Little, and Brandon Weeden, but hey they traded down.
          Letting a team trade down to our spot is not a good idea for a bunch of different reasons, but the biggest reason is that it doesn't ensure a decent pick the following year. So unless youre looking at the draft board going "all these guys are garbage"(which likely isn't the case), youre going to want to get the best pick in front of you.

          Because what if the next year's pick ends up being check #24 or something, and we have pick #23.....wouldn't you rather have a #9 and a #23 instead? I mean you cant assume both picks will be great ones or anything...but you play the odds.
          Oderint Dum Metuant

          It's too bad, I'm too good....

          Comment


          • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
            Letting a team trade down to our spot is not a good idea for a bunch of different reasons, but the biggest reason is that it doesn't ensure a decent pick the following year. So unless youre looking at the draft board going "all these guys are garbage"(which likely isn't the case), youre going to want to get the best pick in front of you.

            Because what if the next year's pick ends up being check #24 or something, and we have pick #23.....wouldn't you rather have a #9 and a #23 instead? I mean you cant assume both picks will be great ones or anything...but you play the odds.
            Exactly, look at Buffalo, they traded out of the spot that Justin Gilbert (looking like a bust early) was taken at and the 19th pick in a much weaker draft for Watkins who is looking like a stud early.
            "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
            - Marshawn Lynch

            Comment


            • Originally posted by gurujot View Post
              Never. It usually doesnt work of the teams that do trade down. Cleveland trade Julio Jones for what turned into Phil Taylor, Greg Little, and Brandon Weeden, but hey they traded down.
              This draft isn't good enough for anyone to want to trade up with us.
              The only possible exceptions are if Mariotta is available and the Eagles might want to move up for one of the WR's (Cooper or White) and someone wanted to jump in front of the Rams.

              But I think both WR's and Mariotta will be gone by # 9.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                This draft isn't good enough for anyone to want to trade up with us.
                The only possible exceptions are if Mariotta is available and the Eagles might want to move up for one of the WR's (Cooper or White) and someone wanted to jump in front of the Rams.

                But I think both WR's and Mariotta will be gone by # 9.
                I don't think the Eagles are taking any chances with getting Mariotta, they've apparently been having discussions with the bucs for #1 overall to land him. Im fine with White and Cooper being gone, if we go WR I want Parker
                "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
                - Marshawn Lynch

                Comment


                • If a team like Oakland wanted our #9 pick, That I might do, because you know that's going to be a top 10 pick every year lmao

                  But, they've have nothing to offer us without us losing this year's 1st rounder.
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

                  It's too bad, I'm too good....

                  Comment


                  • Dont the Falcons trade up every year?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                      Dont the Falcons trade up every year?
                      They did it the one time for Jones and it really helped out for a while. The Vikings seem to trade up from their second rounder to a late first every year, while Cleveland seems to trade down a lot.
                      "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
                      - Marshawn Lynch

                      Comment


                      • You can throw a blanket over the players projected from 5th to about 20th.
                        Why would teams want to move up?
                        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                        Comment


                        • Did you guys watch the movie Draft Day? The first half of the movie I bought....it made sense....but then when it really came down to what SHOULD have been the interesting part of the movie, I was like "oh yea....this is ****ing ridiculous. None of this would EVER happen, or work out this way!"
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

                          It's too bad, I'm too good....

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            You can throw a blanket over the players projected from 5th to about 20th.
                            Why would teams want to move up?
                            I don't understand what youre getting at lol. Are you saying there's enough talent at all 15 of those picks to be worth it for anyone?
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

                            It's too bad, I'm too good....

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                              I don't understand what youre getting at lol. Are you saying there's enough talent at all 15 of those picks to be worth it for anyone?
                              What player do you think is worth moving up to #9 for in round 1?
                              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                                What player do you think is worth moving up to #9 for in round 1?
                                I'm not disagreeing. I just didn't understand. Are you saying "blanket" in a way where it suggests "blanket statement" because they are all the same, talent wise?
                                I rather keep our 9 pick, for what it's worth.
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

                                It's too bad, I'm too good....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X