This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
    Only when I watch them "debate." It's just a panel of them shouting how wrong someone is. What do you learn from that? Nothing.
    Whenever I see this start to happen the anchor always shuts both people talking down and picks one to continue.

Comment

• Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
      lol i love the arguments for and vs fox news as if there is any news network worth the dirt they walk on....it's all BS propaganda, all US media is owned by the same 6 companies and all news is biased BS
      Thank you. All of it is stupid. All of it. All the "reporters" they claim who are honest are 'honestly' doing a poor job. This goes for every major news network.

Journalists don't care about the quality of reporting and writing, they twist and make up things all the time to get you to click their articles and watch.
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
        Whenever I see this start to happen the anchor always shuts both people talking down and picks one to continue.
        And that lasts for what...10 seconds until the person talking says something another panelist or anchor doesn't like. They don't try to understand, they just try to argue. How anyone can call that honest debating is beyond me, but that's just my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
          The whole network is an opinion show, thus classified as entertainment like The Daily Show, Colbert, Last Week Tonight, etc.....
          The whole network is illegitimate for considering itself news.

Now THATS a joke. Youre going to compare the Daily Show and Colbert to Fox? Those shows are political comedy Pizzle.

Comment

Thank you. All of it is stupid. All of it. All the "reporters" they claim who are honest are 'honestly' doing a poor job. This goes for every major news network.

Journalists don't care about the quality of reporting and writing, they twist and make up things all the time to get you to click their articles and watch.
            Mhm....it's infotainment as they call it.

The best way to get news imo (and nothing is perfect), is to go to Google news and read a news story from both perspectives. So if it's a Russia issue, read the Associated Press or Reuters and then read some Russian article like RT or Pravda, and the truth will be somewhere in the middle, you just have to use your common sense and understanding of history to come to your own conclusion.

But if you rely on one source for "truth"; whether it be Fox or MSNBC....you're essentially brainwashed with lies.

Comment

Mhm....it's infotainment as they call it.

The best way to get news imo (and nothing is perfect), is to go to Google news and read a news story from both perspectives. So if it's a Russia issue, read the Associated Press or Reuters and then read some Russian article like RT or Pravda, and the truth will be somewhere in the middle, you just have to use your common sense and understanding of history to come to your own conclusion.

But if you rely on one source for "truth"; whether it be Fox or MSNBC....you're essentially brainwashed with lies.
              Right. Google is my source of news..you have multiple views and sources, and not a reporter working under a major news network.

Edit: I'm not trying to shame people for watching Fox or whatever.

Comment

And that lasts for what...10 seconds until the person talking says something another panelist or anchor doesn't like. They don't try to understand, they just try to argue. How anyone can call that honest debating is beyond me, but that's just my opinion.
                I dont really see that Rudy. I do see people trying to claim something thats not true and an anchor will stop them and question that claim a lot. But I dont see the arguing and talking over each other youre insinuating.

Comment

similarly, both parties in the US serve the same interests and there is actually very little change aside from rhetoric
                  I disagree. Even people in the same party dont have the same interests. Look at Clintons vs Obamas.

Comment

I dont really see that Rudy. I do see people trying to claim something thats not true and an anchor will stop them and question that claim a lot. But I dont see the arguing and talking over each other youre insinuating.
                    I've seen it a lot and, it just bugs me when adults bicker in general, I think it's childish. There was a video I found and this lady anchor was literally screaming at who she was interviewing..I was like wtf? Can you let her talk?

Comment

• Lemme try aND find it

Comment

I disagree. Even people in the same party dont have the same interests. Look at Clintons vs Obamas.
                        On little things like minimum wage and other small domestic policies they might differ, but when it comes to foreign policy and big decisions, both parties conduct themselves in the same manner but they pretend they don't. You think because Obama is a leftist that he's going to cut all ties with Saudi, Kuwait, and other dictatorial barbarian regimes because of their massive human rights abuses? Of course not...that's all nice talk for the base but when it comes down to it, it's all about self-interest and both parties understand that.

Comment

On little things like minimum wage and other small domestic policies they might differ, but when it comes to foreign policy and big decisions, both parties conduct themselves in the same manner but they pretend they don't. You think because Obama is a leftist that he's going to cut all ties with Saudi, Kuwait, and other dictatorial barbarian regimes because of their massive human rights abuses? Of course not...that's all nice talk for the base but when it comes down to it, it's all about self-interest and both parties understand that.
                          In that sense youre completely right.

But obviously how to fight our enemies and treat our allies varies between presidents. Lately it seems we treat our enemies with more respect than our allies.

Comment

• Lol how and why do we still have allies

Comment

• http://cnsnews.com/news/article/barb...rd-prof-models

from good ol Harvard university.

Comment

Lol how and why do we still have allies
                                How? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Why? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Comment

Working...
                                X