X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    What exactly is "free"?
    Spotify is free. Pandora is free, and You Tube is free.
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

With the way people pirate music in general, musicians have to find ways to make money.

That's why music sucks today. Record companies don't cultivate talent because they can't afford to.

Again....The world is doomed. Kids actually are fine with stealing music without any guilt.
      Yeah, I'm sure Jay-Z and his half a billion dollar revenue is crying that I illegally downloaded a few of his songs.

I'm sure Kanye is weeping tears of sorrow right now even though he's worth over $100,000,000.

Beyonce is going TOTALLY BROKEN because I illegally downloaded some of her songs.

And by the way, these are the artists who are promoting it. The same artists who make $20 a second are charging us $20 to listen to their music.

Record companies don't cultivate talent because they don't care about talent, they care about if you will produce revenue for them.
      Last edited by Rudy; 03-30-2015, 12:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
        Well their long term success is going to be predicated on "exclusives" what you can't get anywhere else...so we'll see about that. You're right, I've seen that a lot today lol. Nobody is going to pay to stream ****ty songs either.

And that's right. @Gurujot. Spotify's top quality premium service is half the amount Jay-Z will be charging you. And unfortunately he and the rest of his colleagues will be pulling their music off Spotify because "artists deserved to get paid."
        Well, the problem is that people want to make money, so they just churn out terrible music.
        There are a lot of bands that I will literally buy every one of their albums, just because what they've continued to put out every time is all quality. Where as rappers try to drop a track a week just to hope some dumb **** pays a $1 for it. And sadly it works. Doesn't make the music good....just means these people are trying to make a buck.
        So the point MH made is correct to a degree, but....artists haven't figured it out. People will pay for entertainment....IF IT'S WORTH IT!!
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

With the way people pirate music in general, musicians have to find ways to make money.

That's why music sucks today. Record companies don't cultivate talent because they can't afford to.

Again....The world is doomed. Kids actually are fine with stealing music without any guilt.
          Don't sympathize with the record companies. They are the ones paying for airtime and let awful music continue to get traction just to make money. They cause most of the problems, man...
          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
            Well, the problem is that people want to make money, so they just churn out terrible music.
            There are a lot of bands that I will literally buy every one of their albums, just because what they've continued to put out every time is all quality. Where as rappers try to drop a track a week just to hope some dumb **** pays a $1 for it. And sadly it works. Doesn't make the music good....just means these people are trying to make a buck.
            So the point MH made is correct to a degree, but....artists haven't figured it out. People will pay for entertainment....IF IT'S WORTH IT!!
            I agree I will pay for music that's worth it.
            Their music unfortunately, is not.

Comment

Well their long term success is going to be predicated on "exclusives" what you can't get anywhere else...so we'll see about that. You're right, I've seen that a lot today lol. Nobody is going to pay to stream ****ty songs either.

And that's right. @Gurujot. Spotify's top quality premium service is half the amount Jay-Z will be charging you. And unfortunately he and the rest of his colleagues will be pulling their music off Spotify because "artists deserved to get paid."
              The benefit of this site is the hq streams that no other site offers, that is the exclusiveness that the success predicated on.
              "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
              - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

I agree I will pay for music that's worth it.
                Their music unfortunately, is not.
                I'm not sure who youre referring to, but I bet I agree lol.
                You mentioned Jay-Z, and I own most of his good music,....so I feel like I'm not missing out =P
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Thats the biggest problem, so many people nowadays actually think that music is free because of torrents
                  - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

• Originally posted by gurujot View Post
                    The benefit of this site is the hq streams that no other site offers, that is the exclusiveness that the success predicated on.
                    Is that to say Spotify isn't high quality? Becaaaaause it literally sounds like every other 320kbps rip I own....I mean, it's not lossless flac or anything, but unless youre an intense audiophile with top of the line equipment, nobody can tell the difference.
                    So, I wouldn't really call that a benefit. And also, high quality crap is STILL crap...
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

I'm not sure who youre referring to, but I bet I agree lol.
                      You mentioned Jay-Z, and I own most of his good music,....so I feel like I'm not missing out =P
                      Artists like Nicki Minaj, Kanye West, Jay-Z's NEW material, Madonna, Beyonce..even Rihanna.

I'm downloading all of their **** for FREE. They complain that we don't buy albums..how about you make album quality music, and then you can think about charging me $20.

Comment

Is that to say Spotify isn't high quality? Becaaaaause it literally sounds like every other 320kbps rip I own....I mean, it's not lossless flac or anything, but unless youre an intense audiophile with top of the line equipment, nobody can tell the difference.
                        So, I wouldn't really call that a benefit. And also, high quality crap is STILL crap...
                        But this is flac, and I am that crazy person
                        - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

You're gullible, because that's what they want you to believe. Again, it's all about the "exclusives" and what you can't find anywhere else...just to get money. They don't give a damn about the quality, they are just saying that to reel you into that ****. There is absolutely positively nothing wrong with other music platforms, it's just they don't gain as much revenue.

Comment

Artists like Nicki Minaj, Kanye West, Jay-Z's NEW material, Madonna, Beyonce..even Rihanna.

I'm downloading all of their **** for FREE. They complain that we don't buy albums..how about you make album quality music, and then you can think about charging me $20.

Someone sounds like they think theyre entitled to something. You gotta make a masterpiece or I'm gonna steal your ****, even though I was gonna steal it any ways.
                            - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

• And by the way, it's 20 bucks to LISTEN to it...not buy it.
                              I can LISTEN to their music for free on You Tube.

"Oh but it's high quality!!!" Not today, Satan.

Comment

Someone sounds like they think theyre entitled to something. You gotta make a masterpiece or I'm gonna steal your ****, even though I was gonna steal it any ways.
                                I don't buy albums, because there's only a couple of good songs. When was the last time you bought a CD? A really good CD?

Comment

Working...
                                X