This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
    Lol Jesus Christ. He could have been so much worse. So so so much worse.
    That's what I said.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      OMG Rudy....Really?

1. Record labels don't cultivate artists. So unique and potentially great bands never see the light of day.
      2. Artists quit before they start because there is no money in recording music.

Because of today's environment of stealing music, many young quality musicians and songwriters quit and do something else.

I truly can't believe you don't get that. In today's environment, a band like Queen would never have had a record deal. The label stuck with them because they saw the potential. That simply doesn't happen today.

So what you get is **** music, written by **** songwriters.
      1. I said this, I agree.

You say many young artists today quit because people steal music? How about must artists quit because they aren't given permission to write their own songs and their own sound. In today's society, record companies are looking for a sound to make them money. If they feel you as an artist cannot make revenue, then your album will not be released and you won't be given money to promote it or even record it.

You're not wrong but that's not the main reason why there are ****ty artists today.
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• I'll give you an example and you have probably never heard of these artists, but it makes my point.

Lil Wayne has a record label called Young Money. There are currently 18 people signed under him, but only a select few are successful. The most successful being Nicki and Drake.

A couple of members have left the company citing their music is being postponed or just simply not being released. Why? Because of stolen music? No, because they can't make music that's more popular and trendy than Drake and Nicki's. It's about which sound is going to make you the most money.

Comment

1. I said this, I agree.

You say many young artists today quit because people steal music? How about must artists quit because they aren't given permission to write their own songs and their own sound. In today's society, record companies are looking for a sound to make them money. If they feel you as an artist cannot make revenue, then your album will not be released and you won't be given money to promote it or even record it.

You're not wrong but that's not the main reason why there are ****ty artists today.
          Record companies have ALWAYS wanted artists who can make them money. This is nothing new.
          But they have no patience because they don't make it with record deals. So these young musicians don't see the light of day.
          it's just these stupid, instant gratification crap that no one will remember in 6 months. Stuff that can be recorded cheap and without the burden of musical talent.
          It's all formula crap which is where the quick buck is these days.

It ALL stems from the inability to cultivate artists. Which comes from stealing music.
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Record companies have ALWAYS wanted artists who can make them money. This is nothing new.
            But they have no patience because they don't make it with record deals. So these young musicians don't see the light of day.
            it's just these stupid, instant gratification crap that no one will remember in 6 months. Stuff that can be recorded cheap and without the burden of musical talent.

It ALL stems from the inability to cultivate artists. Which comes from stealing music.
            I kinda see what you mean.

Comment

Rudy doesnt buy music ever which is why she doesnt want to believe you
              "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
              - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

• Originally posted by gurujot View Post
                Rudy doesnt buy music ever which is why she doesnt want to believe you
                I've purchased songs before, I have CD's.

Comment

• And btw, I'm talking strictly these artists. These bubble gum pop artists. Someone on You Tube made a great comment. He said I can understand if they featured some Indie Rock bands but this money is going to these hit makers who already make millions.

Rihanna hadn't released an album in 4 years and she's worth about $150,000,000. I see your point about stealing music Morehead, but I'm sorry. I don't think me not paying for a Beyonce album and illegally downloading the one song I like from her album really has any bearings on future artists. I think you are right, but I'm not sure it has the same impact today.

Comment

And btw, I'm talking strictly these artists. These bubble gum pop artists. Someone on You Tube made a great comment. He said I can understand if they featured some Indie Rock bands but this money is going to these hit makers who already make millions.

Rihanna hadn't released an album in 4 years and she's worth about $150,000,000. I see your point about stealing music Morehead, but I'm sorry. I don't think me not paying for a Beyonce album and illegally downloading the one song I like from her album really has any bearings on future artists. I think you are right, but I'm not sure it has the same impact today.
                    music stealer
                    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

And btw, I'm talking strictly these artists. These bubble gum pop artists. Someone on You Tube made a great comment. He said I can understand if they featured some Indie Rock bands but this money is going to these hit makers who already make millions.

Comments like these are why republicans dont like democrats. Oh that persons rich, its okay if I steal from them its not like they'll notice
                      "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
                      - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

• Originally posted by gurujot View Post
                        Comments like these are why republicans dont like democrats. Oh that persons rich, its okay if I steal from them its not like they'll notice
                        I'm not paying to listen to crappy music lol. I'll listen to crappy music free on Pandora, haha.

Comment

I'll give you an example and you have probably never heard of these artists, but it makes my point.

Lil Wayne has a record label called Young Money. There are currently 18 people signed under him, but only a select few are successful. The most successful being Nicki and Drake.

A couple of members have left the company citing their music is being postponed or just simply not being released. Why? Because of stolen music? No, because they can't make music that's more popular and trendy than Drake and Nicki's. It's about which sound is going to make you the most money.
                          Ooooooooor it all sounds like the same garbage and dont want idiot fans to catch on.

Comment

Yea from movies, modeling, advertising, concert deals.....

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                              Yea from movies, modeling, advertising, concert deals.....
                              Yup.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                                Ooooooooor it all sounds like the same garbage and dont want idiot fans to catch on.
                                That doesn't make sense..fans heard their music lol there's no catching on to do

Comment

Working...
                                X