This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Anyone else think there's a bit of a "practice fallacy" in the NFL and in message board debates? I think there's some fantasy that players only learn in this top-down manner, primarily through a coach's tutelage, rather than in a much more practical -- and age-tested across domains -- way: actual experience. By no stretch am I saying that practice is useless, only that it should accounted for in a much, much smaller portion of the overall talent evaluation and depth chart management spectrum.

I mean, everyone in this league is a world-class athlete. If you're not in it, and you have job security that is robust to missing the playoffs in 5 of the last 6 year, then I certainly think that you expose yourself to sooooo much more upside by playing unknown quantities like CW over proven ****lickers like Ogletree. And to assume that players like CW are only unknown to people who don't witness practice (ahem: appeal to authority) is, I feel, extending too much of a BOTD to a regime that has sucked balls lately.
    Can't tell if 420-adjace post, or 0820 post....../fry_meme
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by SG88 View Post
      The answer is simple. Washington would not have lasted even 1 minute on the practice squad. He would have been picked up immediately. Sometimes, even the biggest TC homer has to admit that he ****ed that one up.
      Ill admit he dropped the ball with Kiwi, big time. But you guys are acting like Washington would have saved the season if only Thomas would have started him.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
        Ill admit he dropped the ball with Kiwi, big time. But you guys are acting like Washington would have saved the season if only Thomas would have started him.
        TC's **** is so far in your mouth, it's really no wonder you use his first name more than anything else.
        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
          TC's **** is so far in your mouth, it's really no wonder you use his first name more than anything else.
          I'll defend any one who I think is receiving unfair criticism. Tom deserves some sure, but his list of accomplishments far outweigh his blunders.

Comment

• You all lack Giants pride.

Comment

You all lack Giants pride.
              **** no....we LOVE the Giants.....which is WHY we're all sick of TC's incompetence. He's destroying our beloved team.

As a FAN you HAVE to have loyalty to the team over any one individual. Or else we'd be called "Eli Fans" "ODB" fans", "Cruz Fans" and **** like that.

edit- so yea, basically I'm way over TC. The only thing that's important is winning. and Coughlin no longer brings that to the table.
              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

**** no....we LOVE the Giants.....which is WHY we're all sick of TC's incompetence. He's destroying our beloved team.
                Yeaaa its funny, Iv herd that before. Then Tom won the sb. Twice.

Comment

• you mean "The Giants won the Super Bowl twice".....

Now who's the one without Giants pride....?

Get the TC **** out of your mouth Dezz....
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• From some TAGF thread...kinda cracked me up lol

"Same reason Paysinger, Jernigan, Stevie brown and a few others haven't been invited anywhere. Weirder that Fewell has not attempted to poach any GMEN free agents.

Very telling what the rest of the league thinks of our personnel. "
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

most zoo animals are rescue or have been born in captivity.

We should send our spec ops to kill poachers in Africa. Theyre decimating the elephant and rhino populations for their ivory
                      Not anymore. Now they are treated and live in horrible living conditions with enclosed in cages and spaces. Terrible. Poachers should be jailed for life.
                      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

you mean "The Giants won the Super Bowl twice".....

Now who's the one without Giants pride....?

Get the TC **** out of your mouth Dezz....
                        Tom Coughlin IS New York Giants Football
                        Last edited by dezzzR; 04-02-2015, 04:44 PM.

Comment

insult to Coughlin

Comment

• Insult to the Giants

Comment

I'm not acting like that at all. The tape doesn't lie. Every other NFL team saw his preseason performance. He wouldn't last a 1 minue on our practice squad. I just didn't get why they didn't put him out there in a lost season. Nothing more or less. The excuse that was put out to the public was pretty lame as well. So a WR sitting at home watching football knows your route tree more than you do despite you being there all season long? I'm not saying that Washington is a beast or anything. I just would have preferred to find out whether he was or not.
                              sigpic

Comment

If you mean the Giants football that has a 16-24 record in our last 40 games.......I guess you're right.
                                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Working...
                                X