This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    It turned into a thread about Plax, then turned into the definition of a vegan.
    They said Plax was average before coming to the Giants. That's a warped definition of average. An average WR these days is like .. trying to think... like Eddie Royal or something.
    http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
    http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
      Your heart has different circles like Dante's Hell?
      What can I say. I think they make things interesting.

I get having a favorite player and all, but they're out of control. I remember beling a Bulls fan solely because of Jordan, but was never like them.
      http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
      http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
      http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
        What can I say. I think they make things interesting.

I get having a favorite player and all, but they're out of control. I remember beling a Bulls fan solely because of Jordan, but was never like them.
        Well, it's easy to be a fan of the greatest, I suppose. I was the same way with MJ....he was just this mythical superhuman.....

But youre right....it makes less sense with being an Eli Manning fan.
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• I will never understand homer mentality.
          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Like gumby said, we all have our favorite players but to get to the point where you blindly follow them is just insane.

Comment

• It was more about Plax being an "average" receiver.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                Like gumby said, we all have our favorite players but to get to the point where you blindly follow them is just insane.
                I may have mentioned this, even recently...but.....there is nobody on the Giants that I have any kind of attachment to. There hasn't been a player like that for me since Strahan really. I mean, Eli is definitely that to me too I suppose, but...they way people get SO ATTACHED to random players, is so asinine to me. There were so many people legitimately upset that the Giants didn't want to overpay Rolle to be here. Are you kidding? This is a game, not a marriage. You don't have to be THAT committed to anything other than your desire to win. Some adults are just children, lol
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

It was more about Plax being an "average" receiver.
                  I didn't read that thread at all, but I'd say Plax was slightly above average in his few years in NY. He was an awesome target, and definitely had the makings of a playmaker. If ya don't believe, go check out some of the Youtube videos that someone made of his highlight reel basically. the guy actually DID bust his *** a lot for us...more so than I realized at times.
                  Last edited by JPizzack; 04-08-2015, 09:39 AM.
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

I may have mentioned this, even recently...but.....there is nobody on the Giants that I have any kind of attachment to. There hasn't been a player like that for me since Strahan really. I mean, Eli is definitely that to me too I suppose, but...they way people get SO ATTACHED to random players, is so asinine to me. There were so many people legitimately upset that the Giants didn't want to overpay Rolle to be here. Are you kidding? This is a game, not a marriage. You don't have to be THAT committed to anything other than your desire to win. Some adults are just children, lol
                    Eli and Tom. Tuck was up there....

Comment

I didn't read that thread at all, but I'd say Plax was slightly above average in his few years in NY. He was an awesome target, and definitely had the makings of a playmaker. If ya don't believe, go check out some of the Youtube videos that someone made of his highlight reel basically. the guy actually DID bust his *** a lot for us.
                      Plax was an outstanding wr with the giants.

Comment

• So Slip got legitimately owned in one of the draft threads. He tried to say that a guy is slower then he was timed to be, all because he has his own way of timing guys thats better than the NFLs.
                        "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
                        - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

Eli and Tom. Tuck was up there....
                          Not Tuck.....not for me anyway....he had one all-pro season, and the rest of his career here was "ok"....never had an attachment to him.

Like I said, Eli IS the New York Giants, but the way people act about him is weird.

And yes, we all know you blow TC......he's ruining his legacy. any respect I had for him is waning daily. he's just some old guy who wears a Giants jacket now.
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by gurujot View Post
                            So Slip got legitimately owned in one of the draft threads. He tried to say that a guy is slower then he was timed to be, all because he has his own way of timing guys thats better than the NFLs.
                            wait...what?!? lmao....which thread?! I gotta go find this!
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by gurujot View Post
                              So Slip got legitimately owned in one of the draft threads. He tried to say that a guy is slower then he was timed to be, all because he has his own way of timing guys thats better than the NFLs.
                              Many of his so called claims lack any sort of evidence, but he won't acknowledge that because it will make him look bad.

Very smart about the game, not so great at analyzing sometimes.

Comment

wait...what?!? lmao....which thread?! I gotta go find this!
                                the one about perriman in the draft section
                                "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
                                - Marshawn Lynch

Comment

Working...
                                X